The Silent Female Alpha

Da DianaShadoWish

[In editing] After the death of her parents, a female She-wolf, Selyen Stormrage was supposed to be the next... Altro

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
+++Extra+++

Chapter 22

13.6K 404 50
Da DianaShadoWish

*Ahh! This is getting harder. Sorry for the very late update. *

(Selyen's POV)

I didn't thought it will be this awkward when they leave us alone. Ian stared at me with that curious face of his and I couldn't dare to look at him in the eye and stare at his desk instead. The guilt of lying to him arise again and the urge to apologize is so strong and Diane whined at the thought of him ignoring us. But he's not. He's not ignoring or avoiding us at all; He wanted to be in my circle of trust, he wanted me to believe him and come clean with everything. 

Mentally breaking the silence, I say. 'No offense but,' I sighed and slouch in my seat. 'I don't want to look weak any more. Asking a help from you will just make me look like a weaker. You of all people know what I mean.' I looked away from his intense eyes.

A sound of the empty chair beside me being pull back make me look up and surprise to see Ian sitting on the empty chair beside me. He have his elbows on his knees as he lean forward and stare anywhere but me. He was frowning and seemed to be in a deep thought too. I watch him as he set his jaw. 

"I know." He said after a moment. "I understand but I do know you need this help. The rogues are there outside your pack, an obstacle between you and Robert. I know you are strong enough to take them down now but Ivan is dangerous man. Now that he have wolfbane, silver and a witch as his weapons, you can get hurt or worse."

'After what I did,' I say slowly without looking at him. 'You still worry about me?'

"Should I not?" He looked at me. 

I meet his eyes and gulp. There's anger in his blue one. 'I lied right at your face. Aren't you going to reject me now?'

Ian flinched at the word reject. Rejection is a process where you break the mate bond with your mate. There's two way of rejection; one is that both sides agree to break their bonds and two is one of them reject his or her mate even though the mate refuse to be reject. Both ways will end up missing your other part of yourselves but the second option gives a chance for the mate to accept back his/her rejected mate. 

"How can I reject you after what we have yesterday?" he asks softly.

'What we have was nothing!' I snarl. 'Ian, I lied almost everything to you. How can you say we have something between us when everything I did was hiding the truth from you.'

"Yes you lied, hide and keep the truth away from me but that doesn't change the way I felt about you!" He growl. He turned his chair so he was facing me. "Yes, I'm hurt that you kept it all hidden from me when I'm obviously your mate but I understand why; You're afraid that I took your pack from you."

I stare at him in shock. How can he know the reason so accurately? 'Ian, I-'

"No, I'm not finish." He cut me. "Let me tell you something. It's natural for an Alpha to keep something away due to his or her strong possessiveness. Since you know I'm the Alpha of this pack, you calculate whether you can trust me as a mate or as a conqueror so yes, I know why you did it and yes, I felt something between us. So fuck that reject shit because I would never reject you no matter what you did. I forgive you."

I stare at him in disbelieve. Those last three words have me frozen for a second. He forgave me? Is that possible? I mean can I be easily be forgiven? Ian knew the reasons why I kept it all hidden and yet he still want me, still forgive me after the act that I have pulled. Why? Why did he forgive me that easily? What's his reason to forgive? Goddess, so many questions in my mind and I'm dying to know from him. I'm so confused.

'Why?' I ask and unable to help myself I got up from my seat as if it burned me. 'Why do you forgive me so easily, Ian? I'm not suspecting you to try to take my pack from me anymore because I can see and read it myself from your face. But after all I've done? Why would you forgive me, a mate that act like a double agent and-'

I was cut short when Ian pushed me against the bookshelves, hard. I thought he was attacking me but he didn't. He placed one hand beside my head and the other one on my hips while he rest his head on my shoulder, trapping me in his cage. My breath caught up in my throat at our close proximity and I tried to shove and buried the sparks between us and the desire to wrap my hands around his waist but it absolutely require a lot of energy and focus to do so when his body pressed against mine. I lay my hands flat on the shelves when he inhale my scent at the crook of my neck. 

Why is he acting like this? Why his heart beat fast against his chest? Why does it feels like he...need me?

Before I could say anything, he beat me to it. "Don't ask why." He muttered on my skin and I shiver. "It's nature between us as mate and I forgive you because I love you. It sound selfish that I chose my mate over my pack but that is because I don't want to lose you."

I bite my lip, begging to myself that I won't cry in front of him again over his words. 'But I chose my pack over you. How can you tolerate that?'

He pulled away a little so he could see my face. "Seleyn, you have lost someone very important to you when you were young and that someone have left a legacy for you to carry on and protect and guard with all your life but that legacy was taken from you by your goddamn uncle. Now he has corrupt that legacy and misguided everything that your parents have built." Ian said softly, resting his rough palm on my cheek and I automatically lean my face into his palm, purring. "Now you, as a daughter to Alpha Marcus and a rightful leader to the Blue Moon pack, must act and take back what's yours and I'm not going to stop you or take that away. I can tolerate that just fine for now but I can't fucking tolerate when you get hurt. Now as your alliance, I advice you to take this offer for both yours and your pack's sake."

It took a second for me to understand him. He didn't use a voice as my mate but instead, he use a normal voice, like an Alpha helping another Alpha in need. He's willing to put aside his mate role and act as my ally for my own sake. Yet we're still leaning against each other, with no space between us and he's acting like a concern alliance. I don't know why I found this funny. Ian smiled handsomely when he sensed my sudden change of mood and maybe saw the humor in my eyes. "What's so funny?" he asks softly and play with a strand of my black hair. 

'I'm sorry.' I chuck and blushed. 'It just... you're gonna switch role between being a mate and ally?'

He shrug. "Maybe. I don't know. I guess I'll be anything that suits you."

He needs you, Selyen. Diane whispers. He is secretly needed you, us as his mate and we need them as well.

I hesitate for a second weighing his offer. 'What about your pack? Will they agree to help me?'

"They will be honor to help the daughter of the great Alpha Marcus. We own him and I bet they willing to agree as long as they can have their hands on the rogues."

Talk about rogues, I remember the two sisters that Ian have captured and prison a couple days ago. 'The rogue,' I said slowly. 'Can you give them a choice?'

Ian flinched. "They're with Ivan, Selyen." he said, sensing my point. 

'Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe they were forced or didn't have a choice but to run like the sisters, like me; a refugee.' I said and squeeze his broad shoulders. I can see the gear running and spinning in his head, weighing his option. 'We can't let vengeance cloud everything that we see, Ian.'

Ian flinched and smile. "You sound like your mother. She always remind me to be a wise alpha." He chucks.  "Alright. Deal but we're chasing down those who chose to run."

'And I won't stop you.' Then, it has been decided then. I smile and look at Ian in the eye as I say, 'I accept your offer.'

~

Ian and I got out from his house and made our way to the infirmary, closely side by side. Adam was actually waiting for us outside and Ian give him an order to prepare and gather up the warriors to help me gaining back my pack. He must have sense the tense atmosphere between Ian and I have changed and he slightly relax.  When we reached the infirmary, we went straight to Sam's room and I was surprised to see Ruby sitting on the chair beside the bed as she has her face in her hands while Sam was awake and look at her in concern.

'Ruby?' I called her. 

She jolt in surprised and look up with tears in her eyes. Sam follows her gaze and his green emerald eyes found my grey one. He have his mouth open, speechless and tears slide down his face. "Thank the Goddess." He sighed in relief. "I thought I was dreaming but you're here. You're really are here, right?"

I walked to his side and held his hand softly. 'I'm here and I won't run away again.' I said. 

Sam blinked a few times. "So I wasn't imagine it when I hear your voice in my head." He muttered almost to himself. I was about to retort when we heard a low warning growl behind me. I look over my shoulder to see Ian stare angrily at our joint hands. I felt Sam tense as his Beta mood kick in, sensing the threat while I gave Ian a look. 'He's my Beta.' I growl back lowly.

His blue eyes flick to me. "And you and I know that I don't give fuck."

Right. Alpha's possessiveness and I slightly thank the Goddess that his Beta isn't female or I would act exactly like him for sure. But I almost lost him, my Beta so I stay and hold his hand while I use my free hand to offer it to Ian. He walked toward me but he didn't take my hand. Instead, he stand behind me and wrap his hands around me and bury his head at the crook of my neck. I was both embarrassed and angry at his action but decided to let it go. Sam stared at us for a moment before it click. "You found your mate." He look shocked but nod his head in respect at Ian. "Alpha."

I felt Ian nod back. "And so have you." he said and my eyes fell on Ruby. She has wipe her tears away and flush when we looked at her. Sam looked at her and smile. "Yes I have."

"Mind if I ask why is she crying?" Ian growl again. 

Sam tensed but it was Ruby who answer. "It was just me. I," she shuttered quickly. "I couldn't stand to see his condition."

Ian slightly relax and I turn my attention back at Sam. 'How are you feeling?'

"Burning up but it will fade in an hour or so." He said, acting like it was just a normal fever when it was actually burning his blood. I know he didn't say that and I don't need to use my power to read them when I have experience it myself. 'What happened over there?' I ask slowly and stare at the bed sheet. 'What happen after I left?

Sam hesitate. "Everyone felt that someone has left the pack but they didn't know it was you. The next day everyone wonder where you were since you never skip class or your training and that evening Robert make an announcement that you have left and because of that traitorous act, he claimed that he put you out for good. The elders want your body to be buried beside your parents despite your act but Robert refused, saying that you don't deserve to be buried here, in this land. I knew something was off especially when there was no body found and some of the pack members felt it too but they were too afraid to say. Then everything change; Robert always furious and beat up some pack members to let his anger out and he keep going in and out of the territory. I found it strange so today I followed him and caught him talking almost casually with rogues. That's when I heard that you flee and they couldn't reach you because you're in the Shadow Blade pack."

'How did you get caught?'

"That son of a bitch caught me from behind. I should have known that he was involve too." Sam snarled and wince when it hurt him. 

'Who-?' I stop when it hit me. 'Chase.' He is the only one that going to beat people up without his gang or someone else who start to fight. He's a coward who hides behind his pawns. I blink when I remember someone. 'How about Kael?'

Sam frown. "Robert said that he sent Kael out on a mission but it was weird that he didn't tell his mate about it and she believe he's still in the area."

'If he's not dead yet, then he's being locked up.' I said and clench my jaw. Kael saved me from being caught of eavesdropping that night and maybe Robert found out that he betrayed him from the start. I own him. I have to save him. I place my hand on his shoulder lightly and ignore Ian tensed body behind me. Diane purred at his small respond of possessiveness but I shove her down, ignoring her too. 'Get rest. I'll be back in a while.'

"Wait." Sam stopped me and hesitate again. He looked like he got something to ask me, alone as he glanced at Ian briefly. "Um, may I, er... talk to my Alpha in private?" he asked. 

Ian tighten his hold around me and I look over my shoulder to see Ian has his jaw set with a low growl sound in his throat and that's kind of sexy. Shit. I don't need this feeling now. I touch his hand and his eyes flick to mine. 'He's my Beta, Ian. It's alright.

Ian sighed and reluctantly let me go. As soon as air and space separate us, I miss his warm right away. He looked at Ruby and signal her to get out to give us privacy. Ruby nods and got up but Sam caught her hand. "I err, I will  see you again, right?" he asks almost in whisper with a small blush on his face. 

Ruby smiles. "Yeah, of course." She slowly lean in and kiss his forehead. Sam blinked and his face turn red. Ruby blushed too and slightly bow at me while Ian looked at me for a moment like he want to say something but decided to cancel it. So we watch them walk out the room and shut the door. I turn and face a concern Sam. 

"Alpha." he begin but I held my hand up, silencing him. 'I know what you want to say, Sam but I trust him to not to take my pack before I do.' I said confidently. 

I felt like he want to argue more but he shut his mouth and have a moment of silence to think. After a few seconds, he nods. "So what's our plan?"

'I'm not sure yet and I've accept Ian's offer to aid us in exchange he and his pack get to finish the rogues for good.' I explained shortly. 'What else happen? How's the pack members?'

Sam frowned again. Seriously, if he keeps on frowning he might look more older than me. I should remind him that. "Other than the disappearing of you and Kael, I see none. But the pack are in... confusion, almost lost our ways."

'Who else knows about the rogues living outside our perimeter?' I ask more.

"I don't know, Alpha." he looked down, embarrassed. " I didn't get the chance to investigate furthermore. I'm sorry, Alpha."

'Hey, it's okay. And I did tell you to not to get involve, right?' 

He smirks boyishly. "No, ma'am. You told me nothing at all before your depart." I glare at him and ask, 'Did you know Langford and his son are involved too?'

His smile drop and unconsciously let out an angry growl. "What?!" he winced his side. "Great. I'll put them in our killing list." 

I chuck. It was actually feel good to talk to Sam. It's like he fit perfectly to be my Beta and my friend. I think if we talk, I mean mind link, to each other before this maybe it will be different. Maybe we become best friends and have a good bond between the Alpha and the Beta. 'You do that but Chase and Robert are mine.' I said grimly and I think we just radiate our dark sides.

It took a while to force Sam to rest until he is fully recovers. Once I stepped out from the room, I found Ruby and Ian waiting. She got up when I exit the room and smile at her. 'Keep an eye on him?' I suggest slowly. Now that she and the pack knows I'm an Alpha from another pack, our friendships feel different, almost awkward but nonetheless, I want us to keep kn touch with each other like before. 

 "Sure thing, Alpha Selyen." she slightly bow a little.

'You know you don't have to bow or call me formally, right?' I said. 

Ruby blinked. "But you're an Alpha and I don't want to sound like I'm dis-respecting you."

'You're not and I want us to be what we were before this.' I admit. Since she and Veronica were the first females who befriend with me, I realize I want it to stay like that. Ruby smiles and held out her hand. "Okay then." She smiles. I took her hand and smile back, remembering the first time she tried to touch my hand so she and I could communicate. After a moment or two, we let go and Ruby walk to Sam's room. Before she grab the doorknob, she say, "Oh Selyen. Now I understand everything." she thumb up and disappear into the room. 

I turn around and face Ian who was waiting for me with his arms across his crest, leaning against the wall. I make my way to him and he push himself off from the wall with a serious look on his face. I voice his thought before he could. 'Yes, we need a plan.'

He smirks. "Someone's in her Alpha mood." he teases. I gave him a look. 'Don't tease me and do you want to kill that Ivan or not?'

"I planned to let some of my pack members to torture him first before I kill him." He said and we walk out from the infirmary. Ian lead us to Veronica's house and found Ica rushing with thinks leather books in h arms. But what's surprise me was her dress or armor dress. She was wearing a grey leather tunic armor over a black satin dress and it make her look like an ancient warrior ready for battle. 

"You are not going." Ian said right away as soon as we stepped into her house. Ica placed a small curve  dagger at her waist pouch and glare at him. "Ivan got a witch with him and she's mine to deal with."

"What if she's one of the Witch Council or the Witches High Council's spies?" Ian asked worriedly and something tug inside me. Goddess, don't tell me I'm jealous now. I can't deal with this stupid feeling. 

Right then, Alex came down the stair with black leather jacket, grey shirt and black jean. "Trust me, bro. I have shot all the 'what if' questions and she brushed it off like a pro." He said and grab a bottle of red liquid, probably human blood.

Ian look like he wanted to argue more but I was confuse in this situation so I ask. 'What's the Witch Council? What's wrong if she was from the council?'

Ica pause her working. "Let just say I'm a wanted person." She winked before she pick one book and 2 small scrolls from the table and stuff them into her waist pouch too. "so what's our plan, Alphas?" 

Ian looked at me while I work fir some plan. 'I need to know what's going on over there.' I look at Ian. 'There's a chance that Ivan and his gang are preparing to flee as we speak but I...' I trail off, unable to find the word to describe what I am feeling right now. The unsettle feeling that I've felt this morning return. 'I think something else happen.' I finished the sentence and look at Ica instead. 

Like she understand this feeling, she point her index finger at me, telling me to follow her. We both trailed after her as she make her way to her rows of bookshelves. She looked between them, looking from left to right, searching for something. "Come out, come out where ever you are." she sing to herself. She suddenly halt and held her right hand out to her right. "Ah, found ya." And a staff flies to her hand with a crystal gem, size of a fist on it.

Then, she brought us back to her ancient old wooden table and crouch down to remove a carpet off from the floor. A large symbol of star with 5 points in a circle was crafted on the wooden floor. She swirls her staff above her head while muttering some foreign language before she slammed the bottom of her staff at the center of the star. Blue and purple color burst out, blind us for a moment and light the symbol in soft light blue. The crystal gem shines brightly before it dimmed slowly. Ica look up and I saw her eyes glow in light purple.

"Other than its offensive mood, this staff can be the 'scout eye'." she smirks proudly. "Come in and step into the pentagram. You can see or take a peak on what's going on in your pack though this gem."

Slowly, I stepped into the circle and stand beside her with Ian right behind me. It's surprisingly felt warm in this circle and Veronica points her finger at the gem. "Look into the gem and imagine yourselves as a ghost wandering around. Right now we're at the north part of your pack territory. " She explained.

"If I know you have this thing, I wouldn't waste my men energy in spying people's place." Ian mumble and irritate. 

Ica raise an eyebrow. " If you knew I have this, you gonna find something valuable as a compensation. All magic required a person's strength you know."

Ian grunted. "Fine." he said and with that I focus on what's in front of me. I observe the layout through the gem and indeed, we are now looking at the north side of my territory. The river is there flowing and I try imagine myself move forward and it did move as I imagine it. So I start to glide around and yes, something's wrong. There is a bunch of group patrolling and it's weird enough. Robert would never put a lot of people guarding the perimeter, only Runners and guards. But now, there's a pack doctor and 2 warriors among this group and this kind of strategy will be use during war. 

I let out a gasp. 'No, no. No. No! He wouldn't!' I screamed mentally and imagine myself dash to Robert's house. I watch as trees, cars and houses pass by until I can see his house for a yard but suddenly the 'scout eyes' slammed into an invisible wall and surprisingly I felt it too, causing me to stumble backward. I could have fall on my ass if Ian didn't caught me and wrap his hands around my waist to support me while Veronica stepped in front of me with a hand held up in protective stand. I snarl at my throbbing head, like I did slammed myself into a wall.

"I see." Ica breathe out. "The witch has put up a shield from the center of the town. Her shield isn't wide so that's why we can see what's going on at the boundary.We can't get through it unless we found the source of the shield or kill the witch."

Robert's house is locate between the west and south side of the pack. Plus, it took about 7 minutes to reach the town while the pack house is on the south side and from his house, it took 10 minutes to get there. If I think he's doing what I think he's doing, then I'm going to have a blind and weak spot. 'Ica, move around and see if we can get to my pack house.' I said.

Ica do as I said and the pack house into view and my eyes caught a stranger. Veronica didn't move closer or maybe couldn't come closer to the pack house because of the invisible shield. The front entrance is guarded and again, two pack doctors with them. "I'm sorry, Alpha Selyen but this is as far as I can go." she said and it just proved my theory.

"What is it, Selyen?" he asks worriedly, sensing my distress. 

I stare at the gem and at the pack members. They looked distress and I'm sure something is up. They won't be that alert unless there's an attack. 

I blink. No, there is going to be an attack but from me. 

'He's using my people against me.'

*So sorry for the late update. I hope you guys still stay tune with this story. ^_^*

+P.S Sorry for lots of grammar mistakes+ 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

122K 5.1K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
634K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
1.1M 33.5K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...