The Silent Female Alpha

Da DianaShadoWish

[In editing] After the death of her parents, a female She-wolf, Selyen Stormrage was supposed to be the next... Altro

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
+++Extra+++

Chapter 21

11.7K 404 6
Da DianaShadoWish

(Ian POV)

It's actually hard to believe that a mute girl has a power of an Alpha, a strong one in fact. But how can she control her Alpha aura, I don't know because it is actually hard to hide something that truely define yourselves. Maybe I did sense it, back when she defended the two rogues and when she snapped at Elai this morning, but it was either I was too naive to acknowledge it or too stupid to put it together. No wonder I felt irritated or challenge every time her eyes glow in silvers; it was her Alpha aura ascending, wanting to be known but then it was gone in a blink of an eye and maybe that's why I couldn't grasp the truth about Selyen. 

I watched her go with the pack doctors and carried her Beta to the infirmary. The truth is right now, I don't know what to feel. I don't quite feel like I was betrayed, I don't feel anger toward her for keeping her true identity from me but I do feel hurt when she decided to keep it all from me. 

She must have an explanation. Adrian said. Every Alpha has to decide something with a reason to it. You know that yourselves, Ian.

I stay quite for a moment and watch as the other pack doctors carried Ethan to the infirmary too. Selyen must be too occupied and concerned about her Beta so asking her about herself now is not a good idea I think. But Ethan must have found something when he track and spied the rogue and it has connection with Selyen's pack and I need to know what's going on. 

Adam and Hiro have stayed patiently, waiting for my next orders restlessly. Of course, I knew they and the others are feeling restless now with the presence of another Alpha in our territory. Their sense of alertness increase as if waiting and ready to attack in order to protect the pack and the Alpha. It's a nature of werewolves living in pack; they live and protect the pack and the Alpha and Luna. Now that Selyen has drop her veil and revealing her true self, everyone is in a state of confusion; Is she an ally, a conquer or their Luna? Plus, an Alpha is very possessive in almost everything including the instinct to rule his/her pack. Since she's an Alpha, it will be her choice to either combine our pack together or stay separated. 

Neither Adrian and I want the second option.

"Stand down, boys." I look at Adam and Hiro before glancing at where she has gone. "She's an ally."

(Selyen's POV)

An hour past and I sat on a chair beside Sam's bed. Ian's pack doctors were fast enough to heal his wounds but the venom from a werewolf claw has enter his bloodstream and they say there is also wolfbane in his blood. Although the docs claimed that there is no wound that has been slice or stab with silver knife and wolfbane at him which it make me confuse on how did the wolfbane get into his system. The docs are able to contained the fever from increasing and took out some of the wolfbane away but for now, he's going to rest and let the fever fade away. 

This is my fault. He ran from the pack to find me. Why? I don't know that yet but it's not a good news. Something had happen over there and having Sam, my Beta almost bleed to death show that someone didn't want him to leak what's going on within the pack. What have Robert and his ally rogue done?

I shouldn't have force you to run. Diane said. If we didn't run, our Beta wouldn't be in danger. 

If we didn't run, we both be dead by now. I retort. 

Sam jerk suddenly and snarl in pain. I got up and held the fallen wet towel to placed it back on his forehead. He's body temperature is like roller coaster and docs said it will be over in a few hours but the venom and wolfbane are definitely causing a lot of pain in his body which it cause his body to shakes and sweats uncontrollably. 

'Sam? Sam, please hold on.' I whisper into his head. 

Sam groaned and he clutched the bed sheet tight until it tear. He was fighting the wolfbane back and I look away, unable to witness this. I know what it feels like to have wolfbane in your systems since I experience it myself. The first time experience made me wish to die, praying to the Goddess to take the pain away even though it cost my life but Diane held me up. It was her Alpha nature that force me to hold on and embrace the pain so I could channel it into anger, an anger that we will use to fight Robert. 

A sound of door click make me snarl in warning but I quickly cut it off when it was Adam. I guess my Alpha mood kick in just to protect my Beta. I didn't  relax as he enter the room but I do felt his fear and a bit of submission to me as he nod his head in respect. "Alpha Selyen." He called, almost sound like he didn't believe that I have this title. "Alpha Ian is waiting for you at his office."

I nod my head but was a bit reluctant to move from Sam, afraid that I might lose my second man. Like he could read my mind, Adam say, "You guys are under the Shadow Blade pack's protection and he declare your alliance with us. You have our word."

I nod again a thank you, unable to say it telepathically and follow him out from the room. yet I was a bit surprised how quick it was for Ian to decide me as an ally. Adam keeps walking and lead me toward Ian's house. I keep my head high and my focus forward as we walk and pass some people. I heard whispers and mutters but that didn't bother me much since I can just shut it out mentally but what makes me a bit edgy is what they are thinking out loud in their minds. I don't want to hear those especially from their minds but it was either they're being loud or I'm too self-conscious about what they will think about me. They watch me with those doubtfulness and questions in their eyes and I hold my annoyance back from bursting through my throat. Growling when I'm surrounded is not a good idea.

Once we enter Ian's house, Adam guided me to the second floor and took a left turn. We reached a heavy wooden double doors and Adam knocked twice before he twist the doorknob and step aside to let me in. I stepped inside and was greeted with Veronica and Alex while Ian stared at me from behind his wooden desk. 

"Alpha Selyen." Veronica bow. "Or should I called you by your family name, Alpha Stormrage?"

Ian flinched and looked at Ica with eyes widen in surprised. It was maybe he was surprised when he heard that family name and he knows about my father but I don't know their status of relationship is. Father had once mentioned about his pack but I don't remember what it was about. I frown at Ica. 'You knew from the start.' I said, neither a question nor a statement.

She smiles tightly. "Having the touch of seeing the future make me see or predict things but I or any other Seekers out there is forbidden to tell what they have foreseen. They can only warn the consequences in our choice."

I nod my head understand and took brief moment to observe the office. Both walls on my sides are covered with books on the shelves which it makes the room smell like old papers and documents. There was some sort of a whiteboard with a map on it on one wall and there were a few circles and X marks on it with either black, red or green color. Ica and Alex sat on a black couch and there are two empty chairs in front of the wooden desk. My eyes land on Ian who was sitting on a big armchair on the other side of the table.

I heard Adam shut the door behind me and stand on my right, not too close, not too far. I stand there straight and keep my eyes on Ian, waiting for him to speak first. The atmosphere seemed too tense especially when there are two Alpha radiating their aura to show dominance. I tried to read his expression, his blue eyes but I found it hard when he's wearing the emotionless face like he did when we first met. I slightly tense and so was Diane even though she didn't want to go against him. 

Someone clear his throat. Alex. 

"Err so shall we start introducing or explaining or whatever now?"

I glance at Alex shortly and Ian sighed and slightly relax. Lights are back into his ocean blue eyes and his posture loose a little. "Please, have a seat."

I was taken back with his sudden changes and the atmosphere felt less tense now. I make my way to the two empty chairs and sat on one of it. His forest scent filled my nose and I took a deep breath and calm myself down. 'What do you want to know?' I ask right away, keeping my face in business mood.

"Everything that explain the situation that you are into." He said calmly. 

I sighed and knew this is the time to tell him the truth about myself. I took a deep breath and start. 'My name is Selyen Stormrage, daughter to Alpha Marcus and Luna Loraine Stormrage of the Blue Moon pack.' I pause and watch their reaction carefully. 'My parents were killed by my uncle, Robert the current Alpha with the help of his 'friends', Ivan and his rogues.'

Ian blinked at the mention of Robert having a ties with the Ivan and rogues. Both Ian and Adam fists their hands but say nothing so I continue. 'Robert must have wanted to keep his title as Alpha and knew he wasn't keep it long when I was turning 18. I overheard them planning to assassinate me one night when I was patrolling so I... I ran away, cowardly.' I look away and stare at the rows of books, embarrassed with my actions. 'Yet I swore to come back and reclaimed my title when I turned 18. But things didn't turn out the way I plan and here I am, hiding. Somehow I knew Robert  will hunt me until I am dead.' I look at Ian. 'Do you have any questions?'

Ian was quite for a moment but it was Alex who shoot the question first. "Wait, so Ivan worked with Robert, your uncle?"

I really don't want to admit that he's my uncle but I didn't say it and nod my head. 'That night when they planned to kill me they did some exchange. Robert gave them money while they give him wolfbane flowers and that's how I met Ivan. Sort of.'

Ica gasps. "No way." She looked at Ian and Adam. "How the hell did they manage to harvest that flower again after Alpha Marcus destroyed their base?"

I flinched when she mention my father. 'My father did what?'

"Your father have aid us in our mission to hunt rogues down." Ian explained. "He trained me to be a leader and a better Alpha too. When I took the role, we shared information and tried to hunt down Ivan. Your father successfully destroyed their base but we failed to kill our main target because I was stabbed and if it wasn't because of your father, I would have die. He brought me back to my pack and I was saved."

The single scar on his tan chest must be the mark of the past. So father have saved him. I felt proud to be his daughter and wonder if I can follow his footsteps now. Then a question hit me and I ask, 'Why would Ivan harvest the flower that could bring harm to himself too?'

"Same concept as 'my enemy is my friend'. He also believe that werewolf can be more poisonous when he or she have a small taint of wolfbane in the body."

I frown. 'But having a wolfbane even in a small amount can cause damage to our body.'

"Yes, exactly but Ivan believe in adaptation and evolution." Alex leaned back against his couch and sighed. "He's a maniac."

Well I can see that at that night. That sinister smile I saw when he and his team ready to terminate me. I looked at Ian. 'What else about him? Why does he hates packs and attacks them?'

"He was exile from his own pack when he tried to kill his own brother and have the Alpha title." Ian explained.  "His father realized that he does not deserve the title as an Alpha so he kick him out. That made him mad and swore for revenge. A year later he came back with a pack of rogue and destroyed his own pack. Since then his thirst for blood increase and wanted people to fear him so he carry on, leading his pack of rogue and destroyed another pack." 

'And the money? Why does Robert gave him money? Does he have a base or something because why does he need the money for?' I shot the questions quickly. 

The four of them glanced at each other and Ian break the small silence. "We don't know why he need the money for and he doesn't stay at one place for too long, always on the move that's why it was a bit hard for us to hunt him. Ica can't teleport my base frequently so we predict his next target and teleport nearby the pack just in case."

'Teleport?' I glanced at Ica. 'Is that how you guys are here? I was sure nothing was up north from my pack.'

Ica nods and Ian say, "One of my trackers manage to track the rogues here and he has reported that rogues activity is somewhere south from here. So we set up a base here, far from enemy's radar but three days ago he found us and manage to sneak in his spy without being detected." 

I frown. 'That's impossible. You or any of your guards will sense an intruder.'

"Yes but it looks like he have a help from a witch." He said and place two vials with different color. Ica continue. "Two different use; one to cloak your scent and one for tracker. So if one of his men dies, the witch will know his or her last location." 

"Maybe he hire the witch!"  Alex snap his fingers. "Maybe that's why he wants the money."

Ica tapped her finger at the couch armrest. "Yes, yes maybe. There are some witches doing some business for money."

They all seemed in a deep thought and I looked back at Ian. Something been nagging me when his man, the one that brought Sam here and I think his man must have found something before they ran away. There're must be something that Robert and his man or maybe the rogues attacked them. 'Your man, how is he?'

"Badly wounded but survive. We were from his room. How's your Beta?" He ask back.

'Doc said he'll be fine. The fever will fade away within a few hours.' I lean forward with a business look on my face. 'I need to know what he found out. What happen over there.'

"Of course." He said. "First of all, I sent Ethan to follow the rogue that has dropped a witchcraft outside our perimeter. The rogue lead him straight to a pack, your pack. He told us the rogue meet up with the Alpha and Ivan's second in command; Tanya, reporting himself. Robert was a bit furious that they still hasn't found you yet and that I was nearby. He was afraid about his affair with the rogue will be known by all either through me or from his pack. "

'What happen then?' I ask eagerly. 'How did Sam got involve?'

"He was there with Robert, all tied up and beaten." 

Unable to control my anger, a growl erupt from me. Diane and I was beyond furious. I shut my eyes closed and breath in to calm down but I was at the edge of shifting when Diane's anger was overloading me. How could he?! How dare he touch our Beta?! I'm gonna rip him apart!

Stand down, Di! We'll get him for sure. I calm her down and felt her stand down but her fire of anger still burning brightly. I open my eyes and saw everyone stare at me in alert. Damn, I can't really control myself after hearing what Robert have done to my Beta, my friend. 

'I'm sorry. That was rude of us.' I looked at Adam who standing like he was going to tackle me down any time now. I turned and looked at Ian who's a bit tense like he's going to jump over from his seat but keep his face calm. I stare into his blue eyes, letting his beautiful mesmerize eyes and addictive scent calm me down further in order to keep my aura hostile as possible. I watch his muscle relax and I sighed. 'I'm sorry about that. Please continue.' 

"It's okay. I understand your protectiveness toward your Beta." He smiled that makes my heart fluttered. I looked away as my cheeks blush. Damn it. I'm pretty sure he notice me blushing suddenly and his eyes tells it all but he didn't chuck about it as he continue in his business mood again. "Ethan said that the boy was going to be exiled and sentence to death for being a traitor so he hand over Sam to Tanya to let her do the dirty job. Once Robert disappeared, Tanya dragged him away from the pack territory and to their small campsite. Sam must have a warrior blood in his vein, manage to free his hands and legs and fight them off but he was outnumbered so my man hopped in to save him because he believed Sam could have some information about the rogues and Robert."

'I see.' I leaned my back on the chair. I own him and his man, Ethan. If he wasn't there, Sam could have been dead by now. 'I need to strike back. I need go and stop him.'

"And you need my help." Ian said as matter a fact. I tense slightly, either he helped me as an ally or he wanted for my pack. But somehow that doesn't worry me much anymore and since I'm looking and taking everything as an Alpha, I am in the need of help. Yet I don't want to look weak in front of them and make them think I need help. 'I don't need your help. Thank you very much.'

Ian sighed, like he knew this is going to happen. He looked at Adam, Ica and Alex. "Leave us." he ordered. 

Adam tensed. "But sir-" 

Ian raise a hand. "That's alright, Adam. I need to discuss this with her alone." he stared dead into his eyes. Adam caught the seriousness and the command from his voice and bow. Ica and Alex got up from their seat. Before she leave the room, she placed her hand on my shoulder. "Follow your heart, Selyen, like your parents always do."

I blinked and surprised how she knew how both my parents work. Mother always remind that to me and father didn't say it but he show it through his actions. I smile at Ica and nods my head. She patted my shoulder and looked at Ian. "You too, Ian. Do what's feels right." She said to Ian and walked away, closing the door behind her as she left the room, leaving Ian and I together.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

350 4 14
This is my first time of writing a book so please bare this in mind as you read. Reagan was six when she had her Pack was attacked and taken from her...
633K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
2.6M 76.8K 48
#40 in werewolf -/-/- #55 in werewolf 4/18/2018 #71 in werewolf 11/18/2018 Book #1 of the 2&2 novels I didn't see it coming. Well physically I cant...