LOVING THE RAPIST CHILD

By Zamzba1

Bright has had a great share of life and everyday for the past seven years she is constantly reminded of what... More

LOVING THE RAPIST CHILD
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
AN
Chapters 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
AN
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
AN
AN

Chapter 15

120 7 2
By Zamzba1

Ed was feeling the vibes if the music he was playing in his car, he loved Mercedes car and the speaker was one of the reasons he would always want to sit in his car. 

He had to go home today and meet his parent, he knew he postponed his visit and he can begin to imagine what his father will tell him.

He has being avoiding his responsibility for a long while,  he knew he had to take over his father's company and his father was about to retire since  he was so adamant on going into politics, his mother has tried to brain wash him from joining but it seems that it has now also become his mothers dream also. 

He saw a woman scolding her son and his mind went back to Bright. She may think that she isn't worthy but little did she know that just him thinking of her already made his day. He smiled at the thought and he allowed himself to fantasise about her, what he felt for her wasn't lust, or just connection, he loved her and there are a lot of things he wanted to say, but she wasn't ready to hear them and he wasn't even sure how to tell her, or how to show it to her without scaring her away.

*****************************************

He parked his car in the garage as Garuba his fathers gateman came to welcome him.

"Oga,welcome, long time oooo, how work?"
Trying to collect his bag and going to the back of the car to see if there was any other load he could help with.

"Gar,  baba I dey ooooo, work they as him dey jawe,leave am for there I go call another person to come and carry it"

Garuba left the remaining load,  Ed was about to enter the house when he heard his name again, well literally not his name his "gateman nickname " especially when he was up to something mischievous.

" small oga, since all these days now,  you know even check for us, nawa ooo, wetin U get for your old man na"

He gave out a small laugh before he brought out two thousand naira notes and placed it on his palm.

"Manage it abeg"   he turned without looking back, by now the maid had come to pack his load and he knew the house knew he was around.
**★*************************************

Hmmmmm Family,  family as he entered into his home he could perceive the familiar air freshener that has now become the natural smell of his home.

Nobody was in the sitting room but he was so sure that his Mom was in the kitchen  preparing another delicious meal for her husband.

He went inside and cleared his throat.

"Akanni" his mother called him with his tribal name, he personally hates that name and it made him look like he is old and over forty.
"Iya Akanni" Ed decided to return the joke back and hugged her from behind. She could see the snail that was being prepared,  about to be fried.

God know how much he loves snail and it was as if he they knew he was coming home.

He dipped his hand into the drain containing the spied snails ready to  go into the hot oil.

The quickly threw one into his mouth and spat it back into his hand, it was too hot!

His mother gave a loud laugh as she always do, his mother always laughed at almost anything , it was always "laugh out loud"

He laughed also, as he took the second snail, his mother carried the bowl away from him.

Have you seen your dad? He has being expecting you since last month. You were not there for the party, go inside freshen up and go and see him.

Ed knew he couldn't dodge his dad for ever so he just left the kitchen and went to his room.

***************************************

Papers, documents, contracts,  and all he could ever think of. This was a the life that he has being trying to Dodge, he wanted out, but by the time he resumed on Monday morning he realised that he had a lot to do to meet up to his father's standard and the legacy he has started.

Life could be so stiff in  black Armani suit,  new hair cut and a name tag, on which it was written "Edward. A. Makinde.  CFO"

This was the end of the third meeting and it was already 1:30pm. He told his secretary to cancel all meetings for the rest of the day, he needed to catch his breathe.

Ed, relaxed for the first time in the day, since when he had that "family executive " meeting with his mum and dad he knew there was no turning back, he had avoided that responsibility for a while now, years even and even though accounting and finance was what he has always loved doing,  he couldn't say he didn't like the work, after all he worked in the company during his intern. He just also loved teaching.

His mind tumbled back to his phone, he hadn't checked his phone since like forever. He saw a 12 missed calls and 7 messages, he unlocked his screen and he his mind was racing he, all those messages were important but none was as important if one at least was not from Bright.

A smile came to his face when he saw a message from Bright.

BRIGHT: "HEY, how are you? Guess you had a busy weekend huh, Jake misses you a lot also. Have a good week"

He read the message again,  smiling to himself.

He checked his swatch watch and saw that he still had few minutes before break will be over, who says the CFO can't have a little time to himself on his first day. He checked the time he message was received and he saw it was around 7 in the morning, she might have being wondering why he didn't return his message. To his best knowledge ladies hate it when their message was not returned.

He decide to play fair
ED: " soooo... only Jake missed me right? What about you?" 

He pressed the send button praying that Bright will not be on a busy shift that she won't have time for her phone or to even notice the message at all.

He went back to his work and tried to go through the remaining document on his table.

About 7 minutes later another message entered.
He opened it knowing it was from Bright.

Bright: what can I say? Jake can't stop mentioning your name and for the records,  his result just came out and he actually improved than that if last term"

That definitely was not the reply he was looking for, while he was happy that Jake has improved in his academics, he wanted her to miss him the way he was missing her over here. The already poured water in front so he might as well test the waters.

ED: Hmmmmm, M glad Jake is doing fine.
So what about you? U have not answered my question.... did U miss me?"

He pressed the send button again and when he checked his watch again he discovered that time has gone and break was over.

His secretary came inside almost immediately  to remind him that he had to attend and emergency meeting as he went back to his new routine.

*****************************************

7:30pm, Ed checked his watch for the nth time and saw what was on it. He couldn't even believe he has being so busy for that long. The introduction, some pending meetings, merger of two subsidiary companies, contract with foreign investors.

He was so spent, funny thing is that he has not even completed half of what he was supposed to do.

A whole week was laid up for him to complete his job.

He brought out his phone and was it was blinking, he smiled definitely there woukd be a message from Bright.

He swiped his phone an pressed his code,he had missed calls and messages,  he checked it and saw that none was from Bright,  feeling a bit pained and disappointed he kept his phone on silence, went to his bathroom for long boring shower, changed his clothes and slept.

He just didn't want to think about how his day went.

.........................................................................

An: it is good to feel like writing again after a long time, I guess I have too much emotions to despatch and I just decided to divert it into another thing.
This book in a way is getting a bit personal and I don't even know how it became like this.

Please I would like to hear feedback even if there are just comments. I know am not a good writer, I have seen better books, I just do it as an hubby. So don't take it personal.

I feel I just had to share this book to all of you.

So some love by voting and commenting.  If you ever stumbled on this book....
Have a good day, week, month.......
Just be good....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 11.7K 43
Unedited... Laura is the second daughter of Chief West and the first and only child of Chief West's late first wife. She had lost her mother in a gha...
12.2K 1.5K 36
There were only two things Summer knew about Christians: that they were hypocrites, and that she wanted nothing to do with them or the God they worsh...
12K 2.8K 69
~โ™กโ™ก~ "Are there other vows you'd like to say to each other?" The priest asked. We both nodded simultaneously as we smiled. "I have to catch my breat...
239 48 9
Stephanie Darasimi Ajayi is a 27 year old freelance interior designer in Lagos, Nigeria. At that age, with no prospective husband, everyone starts to...