Chapter 4

3 weeks had gone by and Ed and Bright met regularly for their Saturday appointment. Bright was beginning to trust him in spite of all, at least she was ready to let go of all and trust a friend who is also her counsellor.

" Hi" a strange but familiar voice said. After three knocks and Bright went to open the door, she was not expecting anybody, it was Sunday afternoon and she dint go to church, so she was expecting Mrs Bankole who will come and lecture her about going to church and all. The voice sounds familiar and she was curious if her head was playing some tricks on her.

Okay maybe it is her eyes she opened the door and taadaa!! !!! She saw him at the door life in flesh.

" hawa u? I mean what are you doing here? How did you know this was my address, and did we fix an appointment today at my house?"

Bright did not know why she was rambling but she can't just get past the idea that her counsellor is right in front of her house wearing ash long sleeve top and a deep blue Jean with a plam slippers. He look odd seeing him in the kind of dressing apart from shirt and tie even on Saturdays he was always so professional.

" Wow, so many questions at the same time, remember u told you our street is not far from each other, well I had something to do so I decided to just check on you" Ed replied. To be honest he did not know what he was doing here apart from the fact that since he met her he has stared feeling so concern about her and her wellbeing. Lord forgive for lying again, I don't even know what am doing again....

" well, what can I say? Coming in"

"Good afternoon Sir" Ed heard a small masculine voice from around the sitting room. This must be her son, she told me she was a single mother right? Ed mentally asked himself, he didn't look like the mother per say, looking at the boy he could guess he got his look from his father because non of the features of this boy potray Bright, well apart from the fact that he look like a well mannered boy.

"Hey, Lil bro" Ed replied him, moving towards him and giving him a high five as he jammed his hands with Ed's big hand.

Immediately he did that and looked at the boy, he couldn't help it, it was like an adrenaline of emotions rushed to his heart and he suddenly felt drawn to the Lil man as if he boy is his young brother or more. He just loved him. He is never really into kids and to be sincere he is so Indifferent about children, but seeing him right now as he knelt down to his level.

"Hawa u? Boy, I see you have being enjoying your Sunday, good boy, soooo what the Lil master's name?"

" my name is Jake Adams and am seven years old, am in primary 2, what is your name and are you my mum's friend? " Jake stared at the man who was trying to act friendly with him. He doesn't know if these man can be given friend.

" Am Edward Makinde, and am a lecturer and your mother's friend in a way " Ed stood up and faced his mom. He is a good boy.

"Thank you," Bright replied him not looking at him directly, it was awkward having a conversation with him especially when it is not about counselling and regular appointment.

" I should be taking mg leave now, I just stopped by, you know just to say hello, if you don't mimd" Ed said moving towards the door and waving to Jake who waved backed at him with a confused look, wondering who the hell us this man coming to visit them.

" Thanks for the visit, am sorry I don't have anything to entertain you, j dot really have visitors like that, I know it is jot an excuse though......."

" it's okay really, it came unannounced" he interrupted her before she starts rambling again. That is what she does when she is trying to find an excuse to cover up her faults, which Ed found amusing.

He went to the door and was about to open it when Bright's hand touched his own.

" let me help you with that" she said as their hands colided and she immediately removed her hand. As if his hand were blazing hot water boiling at 100 degree Celsius.

Ed, noticed as she removed her hands immediate their hands collided. He felt strange as her hand collided with hers, and what made him feel bad was that she immediately removed her hand as if his hand was some hot irritable fire or something. Like she do went like to be touched.

He ignored the feeling and allowed her to open the door as she accompanied him to the front of the house where he packed his car. Ed didn't know what to say again, after the encounter that they both ignored so he said what came out of his mouth, as he picked it carefully. Hot line here, don't you dare say something stupid, pls pls, God.

" so, I will see you this Saturday again at the same time. Take care of your self and extend my greetings to Lil master" he told her waiting for her to reply and tell him goodbye. Suddenly he felt like hugging her and he knew deep down that he had to resist that urge on else a lot is at stake.

So he resulted to the pocket of his Jean and kept his hands inside forming almost a fist.

" okay, thanks for stopping by again, I really appreciate and I would deliver your message to Jake"

"Okay, see you til, then, good night " Ed maneuvered his steps to the driver's seat and entered his car, he woke up his sleeping car with the keys.

He waved at her and drove away not wanting to think about why he came here in the first instance, secondly why the slight touch with did not last up three seconds bothered him so much.

*************************************************************************

Ed checked the clock that was hanged in his room, it was just a few minutes past mid night and he couldn't find some sleep.

He was going out if his mind because not only can he not sleep but his mind kept going back to a certwn person who is constantly bugging his mind and calling out to him in his day dreams... He did not know what was happening to him......

He couldn't recall the last time he did something without a reason. Although he and Bright stayed in same environment, it wasn't as if it was a stone throw from his house, but he dug her address and decided to feed his curiosity..... Worse still as analytical as people say he is. He can't seems to put his hands on what draws Bright to him.

He took his phone and decided to play music. It always have ways of cooling him off especially if Hus mind his bothered.
He selected a song from his playlist plugged his ears and decided to shut his mind from any thing that is staying outside looking for ways to come in..

PS: if you are observant you will notice that I changed Jide's name to Jake.... Well it has always being Jake I tried to make it normal as possible but when u started with Jide I find myself writing Jake. It is like the name is programmed in my head or something close to that. Well that what happened. Am sorry for any confusion I made.
Dont forget to vote and make comments...

LOVING THE RAPIST CHILDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें