Chapter 20

This is my house,  I rented it and an planning to move inside next week.
Bright stood frozen on the floor and speechless for the fact that Ed was leaving her street was one, another for the fact the he was planning to move out and she wasn't aware until a week, she thought she had a connection with him at least, due to what they had and now she wasn't sure anymore.

" can you come inside Pls, I really want you to see this " Ed touched her and gave her the pleading look.

She entered and he took them round the house,  it was a three bedroom flat and the structure and everything about it was exquisite, she actually love the apartment.

After checking it out they sat down and shared the pizza.

Jake was practically tired and she just slept on the couch in the sitting room which was well furnished although,  the wall was blank.

Ed stood up and went inside one of the rooms and Bright was left alone. She packed the  disposable plates and the box of pizza and dropped them in the bin.
She went to the wash hand basin near the dinning table  to wash her hand when she stared at the mirror.

She saw herself but the person staring right back at her was a totally different person, this woman standing in front of the mirror was beautiful, she knew she was actually attractive but she saw more than beauty,  she saw the inner beauty and it was so radiant to her that her eyes shone and they were almost misty.

" am glad you are beginning to see what am seeing" Ed's voice interrupted her,  she looked into the mirror and saw that Ed was staring at her also from the mirror with the same look but with something else she couldn't place. 

She turned around and immediately their gaze met Bright finally acknowledged it to herself  am in love with him.   She was in love with Edward Makinde and that brought smile to her face.

" we need to talk, now if you don't mind " Ed interrupted her thought. She nodded.

"We can just talk in the kitchen"  She was definitely going to tell him how she felt today after their talk, but she would have to wait to hear what He wanted to talk about.

Ed got to the kitchen before her picked  Mug filled it with water from the tap and poured it back into the sink. He leaned on the working surface if the kitchen and just kept mute. He just didn't know where to start from.

" Does Bello  Makinde rings a bell?" Ed started already regretting how he started the conversation 

" Bello Makinde, I think I have heard it before,  am sure it is not the popular Bello Makinde the popular rich man,  that philanthropist" Bright replied not understanding where the conversation was also going.

" well, am sorry but it is the same person, and that man is my father" He replied

"Wait, Mr Makinde is your father,  I mean the person that gave birth to you? " well I didn't see that coming,  how come you never told me? How come am just knowing? She wanted all the replies at once.  

" when I told you that I  resigned it was  true I had to resign from my lecturing work because I had to mange my father's  company since he is already entering into politics,  all those times I was busy I didn't know how to tell you that am already the CFO of  Man Kind & Co plc, the name of the company my father started. Am so sorry I didn't tell you all that,  but don't think I didn't want to tell you, I just didn't like to attach myself to it, I wanted to make my name on my own"

She took time to digest what He was saying, he is the son of one if the riches men in Nigerian who is known for his popular Audit firm,  He man also has over six large farms which he used in cassava cultivation, not to talk of the popular Mark petrol station in Ibadan.

" why didn't you tell me? Did you think I was going to chase you down because of your money, for almost two year I told you a lot of things about me, my life,  my fears you know almost all my shaddy past and you didn't even think for once that you could  tell me basic information about yourself, that says so much about it all.  Here was I thinking just few minutes ago that I am in Love with you,  that maybe I could trust you, but I was wrong, I was wrong because if you can't tell me this I don't know if I can even talk to you again.
Am not after your money Ed, I am not and I would never ask you to. I need to go"

Bright left him in the kitchen he ran after her  " no, you got it all wrong am not saying you are after my fathers money,  it is my fathers money,  this is the real me, Just Edward, pls say something and don't walk out"  Ed tried to reason with her.

" can you tell me the reason you haven't told me that since all this time, almost two years " she was on the edge of tears

Ed was silent he couldn't even think of a reason why he haven't told her, he just kind of post poned it till now.

" that's is what I thought,  you didn't see it was necessary because am just an old prostitute that is after your money"

She ran to the sitting room and woke her son. "Jake, stand up Uncle Ed, has something to do and we don't want to disturb him since he is busy"
Jake stood up looking confused, he looked from his mom to Ed and knew something was not normal,  Bright walked out of the door and all Ed could do was just sit down and recall all what happened.

She was in live with him, he had always wanted to hear her say it and now that he knew it was in a very unlikely situation and everything he stood for was gone along with his heart.

God why  he shouted so much and kicked the bin that was beside him and all the dirt call poured on the floor, he was like the dirt all scattered in the floor.

An:  so they had their first official fight,  things can't always go all rosy with them. 
So Bright finally told him that she loves him and it ended like that,  I personally love how this chapter ended.

I would like to put s song from West life I think it fit into this chapter  the title is Angel ( not sure )   

" spend all your time waiting for that second chance for a break that will make it okay, there is always some reason to feel not good enough,
But it is hard at the end of the day, I need some distraction oh! Beautiful .................
Memories seek from my pain
Let me me empty,  or weightless and make me find some peace  tonight.

In the arms of the angel fly away from here,  from the circle of............ 
And the endlessness that you feel.............

You're in the arms if an angel may you find some comfort here"

Sorry the lyrics is incomplete,  you can download the song.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Muah! *big grin *