chapter 17

He has being waiting for her since morning, she just didn't know how to keep to time and that annoyed him and he felt like strangling one of the ladies, they were all for business and at times his boss allowed him to fool around with one or two depending in how she pleased him and at times as punishment.  He was also the left hand man of  mistress, he considered himself as that because while people always see Rosko as the main man for Mistress and was know by all Tom, Dick and Harry.  He was the one that always did the underground job.

Like elimination if clients, friends,  foes and anybody that stood in Mistress way.  He prided himself of a neat job and let to him he only made one mistake  and he wasnt really to blame, mistress made it obvious of their plan and that made her develop wings and disappear.

Thinking of her brought different shades of emotional lust some that has started affecting a lower part of his region.
Oh Gosh! She was dam hot and good at her job, no beating around the bush about her, she could do it all well and satisfy her prey.

She was like a slow poison and she always left him wanting more until that day that he was almost crazy.

He could remember seeing her leave Mistress office the other day as he just received a resounding slap from mistress on a matter that was really none of his business.  She brushed him a little as she wore a resolved countenance, their eyes collided for almost a second and a half and she went away. 

He remembered staring at her as she went as she swings her waist and went to their quarters.  He was her first but he was sure that she didn't know, she was blind folded that day it happened, mistress as always insisted on "first time privacy " simply because she doesn't want one of her "girls" to get emotionally attached to her "boys" especially him whom mistress always say he has a charm.

"Target, am so sorry,  I had to meet with chief again and he wants new set of girls" Mistress entered the sitting room, she has being in her room for almost two hours that he has being here. 

Mistress as most girls call her was just an average height woman,  if you first meet you will think she is the most wonderful woman and you will wish she is your mother, but after some time you will wish you never met her. She was good like that.

She wasn't fat like most people imagined she was of a good stature,  good skin, dark in complexion and had a good spoken English. She is high class, and you don't dare mess with her.

She sat down in one of the sofas in the sitting room as a maid came to her with a glass containing two glass of juice.

The maid gave her one and gave him the other one. She took one long drink like she was thirsty for a while and looked at him.
" have you gotten the information I sent you to get?" She asked
" yes ma" He handed her a brown envelop he has being holding since morning.

She opened it and after checking all the pictures of her subject she smiled showing a good job well done. She was about to return the pictures but noticed another person a almost on seventy percent of the pictures.
"Do you have information about this man? Am curious"
"Yes, I have a detailed information about him and that was what took me long to get back to you because getting him was difficult " he handed her a similar envelope.

"Good job, what about the second subject? Did you also get your information "

" yes I did, the information is inside the first envelope since they are related"
"Good job" she opens her bad and brought out a smaller envelope.

This is your balance. He took it from her opened it and counted the currency. 
As he was about to stuff the currency back into the envelope, another one was stretched to him.

" this is a down payment for your next move. Remembered you can't be caught."

She stood up and left him there.
It is time to get to business and time to travel to Ibadan.

*****************************************
Ed just came back from a meeting in Abuja, his job was telling on him and he missed those days when he would just lecture,  and be happy with it.
Not that he didn't like this new job, it was brain tasking and that was okay by him.
He missed his students a lot.

He picked his phone and smiled when he saw his wall paper, it was a picture of him and Jake when they had their boys day out after a three  hour maths class and they decided to go for a pizza. They were in front if Domino's when he said something funny and Ed carried him up on his shoulder like he loved to do and Jake who has being playing temple run on his phone after the class suddenly decided to take a selfie with him.  Most of the pictures were hilarious and a security officer around had offered to give them a snap.

Ed stared at it now and smiled at himself, this was what he wanted,  having a good time with the son and living the mother. He already considered the boy like his own son and no matter how he thinks of the mother, he also knew he was in love with the son who looked nothing like his mother but acts like her anyways.

His mind went to all Bright had told him about her life, in a way she never really mentioned  the story behind his birth. He was as curious as anything and he was willing to give her time to open up to him.
He was sure that Bright felt something for him also,  while he was so sure that he was in love, he wasn't sure if Bright felt the same about him and even though they have a thing or two he wasn't ready to jeopardise it.

He paused and sent a little prayer to heaven to always keep her safe, as he kept praying he felt strongly that now was the right time to pray for her like his life depended on it. And maybe he was just him or what he was feeling. One things was sure, he couldn't  stop praying for her, he almost prayed for her more than he prays for himself.
***************☆************************

Bright dropped her new phone into her bag, it was the latest Samsung Galaxy S6 and she loved it. It was given to her by Ed, she almost refused it because she knows that anytime a guy gives you a gift they always have expectations. However, Ed simply said he just wanted her to have the same phone line he did,  it was on cheessy thing to do and Bright didn't know how expensive the phone was until she heard one of her colleague telling the other how she could afford such an expensive phone.

She went inside and  changed to her work clothes, Jake was with Mrs Bankole as usual teaching the poor boy basic cooking, as much as she appreciated the fact that her son took a liking for food,  she was concerned about him not burning the whole house or better still himself or doing something stupid like chopping off his fingers.   

The door of  Country Kitchen opened again an this time it caught her attention, she didn't want to lie to herself she was missing Ed badly and she didn't like that feeling at all, that feeling that makes her sent to hope,  she hoped He was the one that entered the restaurant like he always do and surprise her. 

She lifted her gaze to the door and this time she wasn't smiling she saw a familiar face, she couldn't pick up where she saw the man but every part of her became alert and suspicious, the man was a bit tall and lanky and had a perfect smile plastered on his face like that of the joker.

It wasn't the face that disturbed her even if she was so sure she has seen the face before and "run" was written on his  forehead.  What bordered her was the smile she had seen this smile before and as He approached her, the face,  the place, the atmosphere , the condition and all that led to where and when she met him began to surface.  Like a big bang it rang in her head.  It was him!

Oopsy Oopsy cliffhanger!!""
How is this story so far?  Is it making sense. It would really love if you are out there and you are reading this book to please comment!  I don't want this book to be just me alone.
Please also correct and tell me where I need to adjust my story in other to get a better picture for your imaginations.
Dont forget to VOTE !!!!!"

Also if you are a writer and you are seeing this book i would love to hear from you and read your stories especially if they are on wattpad! Thanks...... Have a great Holiday for those in Nigeria and those outside my geographical location have a great Summer!