Chapter 10

Five  o'clock sharp  on Sunday Ed was waiting for Bright, to say that he was anxious was an under statement, he was too nervous, he sat down in his car and tried to clam down his nerves he can't act anxious like a teenage boy going on his first date, he was a man now, and he was going to handle it like a man.

He decided not to dress too much, he didn't want to exaggerate the occasion although he was excited about the date he wanted it to seem natural as possible and above all he wanted a different atmosphere, he didn't want to do things that others do on their date. He wanted to act different because she was different.

After three knocks Bright opened the door, smiling, she had being anxious since the last time they met.

This was her first date in her entire twenty seven years of existence and she wasn't sure how it was going to turn out.

"Hi, come in" stepping aside for him to enter.

"You look beautiful, so are you ready?"

"Just in a bit, I have to leave Jake with my neighbour, and he is inside using the toilet he will come out soon"

"Not to worry am cool with that"

Ed sat down on the worn out couch waiting for the boy.

He noticed what she was wearing, she wore a chiffon red  gown with a slim belt on her tiny waist, the gown was just at knee length, a nude colour flat Shoe and oh the make up was just light but perfectly exquisite.

He loved his blue jeans with his long sleeve white top, two buttons out of the three v-neck top was opened showing his golden tiny  chain  with a cross pendant he always wore like a medal.

Jake came out and immediately he saw Ed ran and hugged him.
"Hey little master, how are you?"
"Am fine, where are you going to with mum?"

"Well you see, your mum and I need to go out some where just to relax, dont you worry I promise to bring her back as soon as possible, you won't even notice, so do we have a deal, be a good boy and on Saturday when you come for lessons I will give you a surprise"

"Hmmm, are you trying to bribe me?"

Ed burst into a fit of laugh, wow that does a seven year old boy know about bribe.

" okay, lets make a deal, more like a contract, you be a good boy till saturday and I do my own share, How about that?"

"Deal!!!!" He brought out his hand to shake Ed's own.

"Wow, you will be one good business man"  he used his finger to tap the tip of his nose both of them smiling at each other.

Bright cleared her throat in other to break the conversation between her son and her date.

"Okay boy, let's go to Mrs Bankole house and behave till I get back"

"Okay ma, buy something for me when you come back"

He went to hug his mom and bright held him for a long moment before releasing him as he ran to her neighbour's house.

She checked to make sure that Jake was already with her neighbour before she grabbed her bag and went outside with her date.

****************†*************†********

"So where are we going?"

"It a surprise, and just keep your mind at ease"

"Well I have to be sure if you are not kidnapping me or using me for juju or something"

Ed laughed as he manovered his way to their destination.