Chapter 36

" we can't always replace someone, but we can always find someone in their place " Leo Nnona

..........The wedding..........

Ed was getting nervous, he didn't understand why it was taking so much to get a bride dressed up.
He didn't care about the make up and all left to him he just wanted to marry her even if she was wearing just a jeans and top, but Bri deserves the best. He didnt understand why he was nervous, he was getting married to the love of his life, he couldn't allow a little fear to spoil his day for him.

The music in the church changed, the door opened, Ed saw his step son holding his future wife as they walked down the aisle in the perfect white gown.

She had transitioned her hair and was now wearing her natural hair. It was perfectly styled, her wedding gown fitting perfectly with her and Bri looked like an angel.

Ed thought he was going to cry, and he didn't know he was until he heard Folu his best man gave him a handkerchief.

" clean your face man, your bride is almost here"

Ed took it without comment, he was to emotional to talk.

Jake handed over Bri to Ed, hugging him as he went to sit down.

"You look beautiful Bri"
"You look stunning Mr. Makinde"

Ed stretched his arm as they walked up to pastor who started the wedding procession.

When it was time to say their vows they both volunteered to say their own personal vows.

Bright Adams, am not sure if you noticed but I have loved you first entered my office.
When i see you all i see is how lovely you are.
You are an epitome of beauty, an example of a strong woman, a good mother and you are going to be a great wife.
As i join my heart to you today in front of God and man, I vow to always love you through thick and thin, ups and down and even when we dont feel like speaking to each other, i promise to be more understanding, and try no matter what it takes for me to have a forever with you. Thank you for loving me back"

"Edward Akanni Makinde, when i first met you, i wasn't looking for love, but your stubborn heart wont say no to my pains. Am glad you never gave up on me. You are my strength, my inspiration, my reason to want to live my life for a better day. I don't believe in fairy tales, but i believe the day i walked into your office i didn't just meet a knights in shining armour, i met a friend, a counsellor, and a partner for life.
As i take make my vows to you in front of God and man. I promise to be a good deserving wife to you, the best mother for our kids and the ones to come, and love you till my very last breathe"

Everyone at the congregation was silent as the couples expressed themselves.

The pastor announced them as Mr and Mrs.

For everyone it was a beautiful love story, but to Ed and Bright it was just the beginning of their love story.

........................THE END..........................