Chapter 22

As nervous as wreck,  Bright wiped  her wet palms on the handkerchief she was holding,  she looked as if she was going to die, calm down, clam down, clam down,she told herself. She looked at her side, Edward was driving the car and he looked so free, without worry so unaware of how nervous she is.

The relationship has being going steady for almost four months now with a lot of ups and down,  which they are willing to face on their own.

"Bright?  I want you to meet my mom" Ed told her that day testing the waters and her reactions.

She spat out the Chapman she was drinking that day a few drops staining his clothes. 

Oh my God what was she going to do? She knew a day would come that he will have to meet his parents but does it have to be too soon?

How will she go? what will she wear? if she was asked a question and she couldn't answer? What if the won't like her? Is she supposed to take Jake along?
What if the asked about her relationship with Jake? What was she going to do.

Ed sensed the worry and tried to smile a little.  " it is just my mother Bri, am not saying you should meet my whole extended family,  or the whole of my Dad's political party" He said,  trying to calm her down and ease the tension. This however was not working.

Bright smiled at her new nickname Bri,she was still trying to get used to the name, Ed had told her that he has always wanted to call her that and arrogantly told her he was the only one allowed to call her that.

But now she was going to see his mom.
" Eddy, seeing your mother is as important as seeing your whole family,  what am I going to do?" She was already beginning to sweat on her palms again.

" relax,  she won't bite you, she just wants to me you, just you for now" Ed took her hands in his and rubbed his flat thumb on the back of her small,  soft well manicured palms. He wanted to calm her down,  she had no reason to fear.

" am scared,  as hell Eddy, when are we going to meet her?  What should I wear,  oh I don't even know what to wear, not that I don't have what to wear, I don't have a proper training enough to know what I am supposed to wear when you are going on this kind of visit, what about my family?I don't have one, what about my job?am just a server in a restaurant with an informal education..... panic attack was beginning to set in. She was already gasping for air and was already shaking.

Ed stood up and wrapped his hands around her,  calming her down. " shhhhhhh! Bri, you are going to be okay,am going to be there with you all the way, we are gonna have to face it together, it's alright " he continued  to hold her, kissing her forehead as she wrapped herself I  his embrace,  she almost wasted to believe it was going to be alright. But she also had to be realistic with herself.

Now, back to reality she discovered that the car has stopped and they where in front of big mansion. Even the sight of the house made her more nervous, this house just proved one thing,  they weren't just some random rich people,  The Makindes we're actually stinkingly  rich and that taught almost choked her, she knows what rich men can do,  especially with their money.

The engine of the car turned off, but they were not entering, she glanced at the man who was beside her and saw that he almost was as nervous as she was.

Edward switched off the engine and face her, he noticed since the beginning to the ride,  they said a little word and now he had to clam her down. She was even making him nervous as well.

He faced her,  as their gaze held for a moments,  he saw how scared she was. " it's going to okay,  I promise you, I won't leave you alone,  I am going to be there,  I love you, and no matter what anybody say, it is not going to change my mind about what I feel about the woman I love. I know what I want,  I want you, so quit worrying and stalling and let's get inside and meet your soon to be mother-in-law. shall we? "