Chapter 28

Hip! HIP! Hip! Hurray!!!! Jake smiled to the camera as he posed for picture for the nth time today.

Most of Jake's classmate made the birthday ceremony,  Ed, Mrs Bankole and her grandchildren who recently came to visit her grandma for the mid term break. Some of Bright workers also came.  Total of almost 50 guest.

It was time for games and Jake was so happy and restless since morning about his new clothes,  new everything even his hair cut.

Ed looked at his environment, he rested his eyes on the birthday boy and saw how happy he was, interacting with his classmates, who  he always thought  were his enemies before,  Bright was really no where to be seen, as she was a typical African lady worrying herself  in order to make sure almost everything is in order, even though all preparing was contracted out.

He stood up, as he continued  to laugh at one of the jokes the clown made about a young boy and blah blah blah.

"There you are, I have been searching all over the place for you, I don't know why you are stressing yourself but everything is in order "  Ed has being busy making phone calls since morning both concerning his work and a few as regards other matters.
He also helped in dressing Jake because Bright was busy doing a thing or two.

He didn't notice what she was wearing until now.  Bright wore a  simple Ankara  with red and brown design. The gown was pleated and it  fitted her body perfectly,  the length of the gown just reach her knee perfectly, she wore a fitting gold heels,  which also matched the bead costume  she was wearing alongside with her ear rings. Her hair was pleated in a very different but beautiful Ghana weaving all back style,  a good make up with maroon red lipstick to finish it all. It was simple but beautiful,  and Ed almost smacked himself for not noticing all that in the first instance.

" aren't u staring too much?  You are making me self conscious " Bright interrupted his thoughts.

"You look beautiful Bright, and you did an amazing job raising Jake up" Edward complemented her again making her blush.

The photographer interrupted their discussion telling Bright it was time for family pictures.

Holding each others hand they walked out to the party.

Bright stood near Jake for the family picture, as the photographer almost clicked the button she stopped him.  "Wait! We are not complete yet" she raised her eyes and looked at Ed. Ed gave her a confused look at  what she was doing before she spoke out.
" you're part of this Eddy, so come here fast and snap with us"
Edward was surprised and was almost blushing.  "Okay then."

He stood at the right side of Jake while Bright stood at the left with Jake in the middle who was happy that he had a  complete family.

"Say cheese " the photographer said.

Cheese!!!!!!!!!!

The rest of the party went  on smoothly,  the souvenir was shared and before six pm the house was empty again,  remaining just the three of them.

****************************************
"Thank you uncle Eddy, I really enjoyed my birthday"  Jake was on cloud nine, and he didn't want to remove his clothes,  he sat on his bed with Edward.

"Well, the birthday isn't over yet,  is it? Now let's go slowly outside so that your mummy won't hear you, we are going to sneak outside to get your birthday gift"

Jake jumped up and sat on Ed's neck. "Lets go uncle Eddy"

They tip toed quietly outside.
"Where is the gift?"
"Hmm,  you are very impatient Jake,  how about you come down from my neck and check inside the car " Ed gently put him down, unlocked  the Jeep  with its remote and allowed Jake to look for his gift himself.