Chapter 35

Ed, was too stunned to speak as he saw Bright kneel down in front of him. Was he dreaming or was this really happening.
He looked at the woman who has made him a better man, who he loved with all of him, and as he was staring at her looking up to him on her two knees in the hospital floor, broke him, it broke him, all the anger, the pain and that gave him courage.

Above all as he lifted her up to himself staring at her, with a lot of confidence he has never seen before, something new in him bursted open, it was strong, raw and powerful and Ed wasn't sure if his heart could contain how he was feeling right now.

"C'mon baby, Yes, I will marry you, I will marry you" He pulled her towards himself to kiss her but she beat him to him, she jumped on him and pressed her lips to him, trying to take charge of the kiss. But Edward gained dominance, as he thrust his tongue into her mouth gaining entrance.

It was a different kind of kiss, because Bri didn't know when her back was against the door, shutting them off form the outside world as Edwards made her legs shaky with his kiss. She couldn't feel her legs again, so she jumped on him and he carried her despite his wounded body and kissed the life out of her.

The need for fresh air made him stop, as his lips were still rested on her own.

" I haven't kissed a woman like that in my entire life. God! Woman, I am feeling dizzy"

"I love you too Eddy, are you going to put the ring on my finger or not" Bright said in a serious tone.

"Of course, forgive me, he dropped on one knee and slid the ring back where it will always be"

This wasn't how he imagined his proposal will go, but It was better than he imagined it.

The sound of someone clearing throat bursted their small bubble to see that his mom had already entered and witnessed some of the make out session.

"You dont have to pretend, I saw it all, and Akanni how can you shut the door on your own mother and the officer of the law" Mrs Makinde scolded him.

" we are very sorry ma" Bri apologised immediately, if she wanted to gave a happy marriage she has to work hard for her mother-in-law approval.

"Oh dear, no need to apologise, I was so touched when I saw you both, and you have been here for my son even when I sat down at lobby helpless, you gave me strength" she walked up to Bright, pushing Edward away slightly and hugged her.

Bright, was so shocked to say anything she broke into tears.
"Thank you ma, thank you for..."
" there is nothing to thank for, my dear, I am sorry I made things difficult for you which costs me my son. Plus mothers dont always have a say whom the heart of their stubborn son choose do they?"

*****************************************
Rosco was arrested two weeks later, alongside with some of his goons. It was discovered that he killed Mistress, and he was now the main man behind the whole business.

All those involved into teenage prostitution alongside with his goons were arrested.

Rosco was charged with rape, murder, attempted murder and human trafficking. He was given a life sentence.

*****************************************
Jake graduated from primary school in July and got admission into a Willson Secondary school, one of the best in Nigeria. Edward and Bright decided to make him stay in the boarding school.

Bright was nervous at first but,When the school resumed in September and it was time to drop him off in his school, which was located in Abuja.

Jake surprised her, and when Jake was dropped in school he was all smiles.
" dont worry, mum, i will be fine, i promise"
Bright was too emotional to speak. Her small baby was all grown up going to boarding school and acting all manly, thanks to the father figure beside her.

Ed dropped on knee and adjusted Jake's belt, tucking in his shirt for him, Jake and Ed had bonded after the past month, and Ed thought him, all he needed to know to be his own man, or at least he tried if the bicycle wasn't in sight.

Jake hugged him and whispered " 1st term holiday is by December 16. Be sure to have finished preparing for the wedding please. I dont know about you and mom, but I cant wait again"

Ed burst into laughter, and rubbed Jake's perfectly trimmed and styled hair which was the milder version of his own hair cut style.

The bell of the school rang signalling all parent to start packing and going, it was a bitter sweet moment for the trio.

Even Edward was teary, Bright cried like a baby, Jake kept his tears like a big man and hugged his mom and finally, Edward before running to join his fellow classmates, as he ran towards his mates, his own tears started to fall.

*****************************************

Bright was crying all the way back to the hotel, they stayed in Abuja. Ed allowed her to cry. She needed it.

"What did Jake tell you, he didn't even tell me "

Ed laughed at the her, women! Very hard to understand. He decided ti tell him anyways.

"He told me that he cant wait again and by the time he is home for Christmas, we should be done with wedding preparations"

Really? They both burst into loud laugh, and Bright knew all will be well in long run.