Chapter 13

He was speechless and he didn't even know how to tell her how he felt without making her withdraw from him. He knew that Bright didn't talk to a lot of people and to an extent he has gained her trust being the fact that he was her counsellor, but he wanted to me far more than that.
His thoughts were moving too fast for him and his emotions are four steps ahead. He tells himself that maybe it was just because he pitied her, or that he knew a lot about her past, maybe,just maybe that has to deal with it, apart from a side of him that wants to be her hero and wipe those memories away, another part of him just want to keep loving her, inspite of whatever she did and didn't deserve.

"Makinde Edward, what on earth are you thinking of? I have being asking you if there's anything else you want from me? I am getting late for work you know"

He looked at her again, hell yeah! I want a lot form you, in fact I want all of you, with whatever is it that makes you build a wall of Jericho round your heart

" am sorry, i was just lost in trance, I wanted to ask you if you wouldn't mind if I come and pick you up tomorrow after your shift, you and Jake, I was hoping we could have some time out" Ed bared his heart hoping she can at least give a nod instead of staring at him like he was some experiment.

" what's your game? Ed? Why are you being so nice to me, helping Jake with his school work, always texting me and calling me,  and most of all making me feel so vulnerable to you
She kept the last statement in her mind and waited for his response.

" maybe because  there are some of us in this world who care for other people unconditionally and with no expectations or strings but hoping that hope is coming and a new detour is near"

"You make me hope Ed, it's too dangerous for my heart"

"So what do you say about tomorrow?"

" I will get Jake prepared, I think he needs a time out, since he has not played soccer for a long time"

" dont use Jake as an excuse, mi amore, tell me, do  you want  to go with me?I want both of your consent "

" I would love to" she gave him a little smile.

"Awesome, I'll pick you up tomorrow, wear something simple and comfortable"

He pulled her to himself and gave her a tight hug. She pulled away from him almost as she  began to relaxed to him. He couldn't  help it, just staring at her temple makes him want to kiss it and that was exactly what he did.

Her body relaxed to his own again just a second as her body stiffened back.
This isn't good for me at all. She told herself.

" have a nice day Ed, and thanks for taking my son to school " she smiled at him as she got down from the car.

Ed gave out a rush of air he didn't even know he was holding and kept wondering if at all he was going anywhere as regards to her emotions at all.

*****************************************

As hectic as the campaign has being so far, Mr Makinde wasn't leaving any stone unturned as regards his political career.  He needed to pass his role as the CEO of Mankind and sons plc, one of the few successful and  biggest  audit firm in Nigeria . They audit for Guaranty Trust Bank nationwide and some other big firms, recently they are into solvency services also and as an audit firm they act as tax agent to some big companies  in Nigeria.
As much as he wanted to expand his business he needed someone he can trust to manage his company well.

Where on earth is that son of mine?  He hasn't even being active in the recent campaign,  not that he was surprised as such. Ed was the first child and the black sheep of the family.

He always preferred  to stay on his own and do his own thing rather than get himself involves in their "lousy life"
He took his phone and gave him a call.

After the third ring the phone was picked.

Ed:  E Karo daddy, how is everything?
Mr Makinde: come home as soon as possible,  we need your assistance here. Now is the time to take full responsibility  as my son, you have to be at home by this evening.

Ed:  okay sir, I will see you this evening

Mr Makinde:  it is very important you come, and for the records just know that,  that job you are doing you should consider resigning very soon.

With that he ended the phone call and wondered how on earth will he have a son, who is a chattered accountant and first class in accounting and still be wondering where he was going to get someone to mnagage his business.

He smiled as himself,  if the eyes are relaxed it will see the nostrils, Yorubas always have adage for everything in life.

He poured himself another glass of wine, as he used his index finger to form a circle at the rim of the flute. He sipped it,savoring the taste and also getting that smile as he thought that answers were always written in plain sights......