chapter 32

Ed, just came back from a business meeting in Abuja with his Dad and Secretary but he didn't want to his apartment. In fact he didn't like going to his apartment. He  hasn't gone  home for almost 10 months and it was almost Christmas time again. His mother has been calling him,  and as much as he didn't want to talk to his mother he knew he had to  keep in touch with her. She is his mother after all and   He couldn't just help but not pick her calls.

He was very angry and at times he was amazed at the rate at which his anger can go. He always try to maintain his cool but deep inside he was harbouring a deep anger towards almost everything.

Almost seven months have gone by and he hasn't yet spoken to  Bright. Although she tells him about Jakes progress from time to time  over text messages but he made sure he didn't do anything that involved her.

It was getting harder day by day but he knew that Bright loved him and the mere fact that she didn't believe that he was willing to overlook all what she sees as a barrier and allow him to love her like he wanted him to do makes him emotionally drained.

He had a growing stubble on his face,  his new look was wild, trimmed afro, which gave him a bit dangerous look.

He didn't care how he looked . Although he didn't looked like the normal Edward which was always clean shaved and all, he preferred his rugged look.

He reached for his phone for the nth time press speed dial 3 and disconnected before the call even connected.

He missed her so much, and he wasn't sure if he could go the rest of the year without seeing her or hearing her voice. But he had to see his mother 1st and settle things with her.

He changed the direction of his car and drove  home after almost 10 months.

*****************************************
Ed greeted the gateman and entered the sitting room.  He was about to enter his own room when he spotted his mom who was coming from the kitchen,  the aroma of the vegetables she was cooking brought back memories of the last time he ate that food, He remembered how he  proposed and got rejected but not only was he heartbroken, his ego was also  hurt and it was just too much for him to process.

He decided to ignore his mother,  but he knew it was just plain rude to do that to his her so he gave her the respect of  by  acknowledging her presence by greeting her.
He didn't wait for reply and walked straight into his room.

"Come back here, Akanni" Ed stopped his movement and faced his mother,  he didn't want her to see that he was still angry at her. Everything was going on fine till he convinced Bright to come and see mother.
He blamed himself thousand times over and over  because Bright didn't want to go, but he was too happy and wanted his mother to meet her, that day ended in  a disaster and the  seed of self doubt was planted that very day, very slowly the weed grew till it chocked his relationship.   

" i am still  talking to you,  dont you dare stand there and just stare, what kind of son are you? Because of  that woman, you ignored your mother for almost 10 months Akanni, 10 months "  her mother stood akimbo  looking furious as he was  waiting for him to defend himself.

"You don't have to worry about that ma, since she decided by herself that she isn't interested, so you can tell Rosko to back out of her life, and everyone can have piece of mind.  Ed walked back inside. He was very tired and wasnt ready to pick up a fight with his mother again.

"Come back here Edward Akanni Makinde, am still talking to you" his mother shouted again, she followed him towards his room.

But Edwards pace was faster.

He slammed the door before his mother could reach the handle and bolted it.

He sat on his bed, rested his elbow and laps and held his head in his palms.