Epilogue

Ed woke up earlier than usual, it was a lazy Saturday morning and the house was very peaceful. He stared at his wife.  His wife. That thought made him smile.  He was definitely happy.
He has been waking up to this beautiful woman for the past five months and he wanted to keep doing it forever.

He was smiling too much.  He adjusted himself and rested his weight on the bed,  careful to to wake her up and kept this two hands under the back of his head as support. 

Bri has being acting all cranky for two weeks now, accompanied with the  symptoms malaria,  throwing up and being picky with foods. She would suddenly be alright at night acting all hungry and being very horny at night. 
He really wasn't complaining about the last part though,  he enjoyed every bit of it.  But he couldn't keep up with ladies and their mood swings.

As if on cue he noticed the movements on the bed and rustling of sheets,  he turned to look at his wife who was fully awake.

She eyed him for a while wondering what he was doing awake so early,  after a very exhausting night.

"You didn't sleep did you" Bright asked rubbing her eyes.

"A little although it's all your fault,  being awake for a while" Ed stood up and kissed her forehead,  he would have gone for the lips but after five months of marriage he knew his wife didn't like kissing in the morning because she thinks it's dirty to mix morning breath with each other,  well unless things gets out of hand.

"am hungry? Are you? I can make toast for you with a cup of cold cocoa"  Bri stood up from the bed,  kissed him briefly on his lips before mumbling a word or two to herself,  which Edward assume was a prayer.

He smacked himself internally wondering how he even forgot about it. 

" next week is Jake's visiting day,  I don't understand how he can consumes food like that,  I just gave him some provisions last visiting day,  and he has written almost half of the list back to me"

Edward watched her as she packed her braids up into a bun,  moving up and down picking the clothes that were scattered o the floor.

"he is a teenager,  Bri,  and he is growing he will consume a lot,  n...... "

In a flash he watched Bri run into the bathroom again,  throwing up all the content of her stomach out.  The smelly odour filled the bathroom,  as bri gave out  all the spaghetti she eat yesterday night.

Ed jumped from his bed also,  going straight to the bathroom and trying to rub her back to take it easy,  he couldn't stand the smell of that vomit,  but he couldn't start throwing up too,  so he just tried to be strong for her.

" I thought you told me you've completed your medications? How come you're still throwing up?" immediately the uttered that statement a realisation dawned on him,  the mood wings,  the hyper active nature,  the frequent obsession for chilly food and he constant throwing up. 

A started to laugh,  intact he laughed so much that he though he was going crazy,  he was probably going to a dad,  I mean he is already a dad but now this is his own flesh and blood,  a symbol of love.

" I am happy you derive joy in my sick state,  Mr Makinde" Bri eyed him looking irritated that she just finished gushing out her stomach and all Ed could do was rub her back and laugh.

Ed just continued to smile and stare at her like he always do,  eyeing her from head to toe, he began to notice that she has gained a little weight along her waistline and even she has not noticed it yet.  His heart began to swell in hope. 
"why are you smiling?" Bri asked looking angry again.

He was enjoying this too much.

" when was the last time you had your monthly period Bri? I can't seem to recollect at least from my own side"

" I think it was....... " Bri squeezed her face trying to calculate with her head,  when did she see her period and what has his smiling has to do with that and........

"oh my God,  Eddy,  Oh my God! I can't remember I think it was six weeks ago,  how come I didn't notice,  oh my God,  with all the planning and moving into a bigger house, oh my God. "

"I think you should do an early pregnancy test,  and go to an hospital on Monday.

*****************************************
After fixing an appointment with the doctor the test,  came back positive. Both Ed and Bright were so very happy about it.

"What are you thinking of?" Ed asked Bri,  who has being silent  since they left the doctors office.

" I cant believe am pregnant Ed, i mean i know I had Jake,  but for me to be  happily married,  pregnant, happy wasnt something I bargained for when I envisaged my future you know, until you came.   Now I am going to be a mother again." Bri took a tissue from her bag to wipe her tears and blow her nose"

" am sorry,  I am not supposed to be crying, but I  guess, this baby is already starting to  show which means, that I am pregnant and can finally give you a child also and am so....."
Bright blew her nose again, crying and smearing her make up also.

She had her make up on before the doctors appointment,  now she was crying and the mascara and eye pencil she used are smeared, her perfect make up was ruined but Ed couldn't think of her not looking so beautiful in her current emotional state that he wanted to smile.

"Hey, you have already given me a son Bri,  and I will love to have more with you, I love you Bri" He leaned and kissed her forehead before resting his back and starting the car.

The ride home was peaceful and quiet but both of them enjoyed it.

Later at night,  Ed laid awake on his bed after a tiring day of teaching Bri how to make yam pepper soup, in other calm down her crave.

He thought about how life has being for both of them in a long while.
All the challenges,  the suffering and all, something gotta give after all.

He gave all glory to God.
He is the only one that restores anything that is broken.

          .................THE END...................