Chapter 15

Ed was feeling the vibes if the music he was playing in his car, he loved Mercedes car and the speaker was one of the reasons he would always want to sit in his car. 

He had to go home today and meet his parent, he knew he postponed his visit and he can begin to imagine what his father will tell him.

He has being avoiding his responsibility for a long while,  he knew he had to take over his father's company and his father was about to retire since  he was so adamant on going into politics, his mother has tried to brain wash him from joining but it seems that it has now also become his mothers dream also. 

He saw a woman scolding her son and his mind went back to Bright. She may think that she isn't worthy but little did she know that just him thinking of her already made his day. He smiled at the thought and he allowed himself to fantasise about her, what he felt for her wasn't lust, or just connection, he loved her and there are a lot of things he wanted to say, but she wasn't ready to hear them and he wasn't even sure how to tell her, or how to show it to her without scaring her away.

*****************************************

He parked his car in the garage as Garuba his fathers gateman came to welcome him.

"Oga,welcome, long time oooo, how work?"
Trying to collect his bag and going to the back of the car to see if there was any other load he could help with.

"Gar,  baba I dey ooooo, work they as him dey jawe,leave am for there I go call another person to come and carry it"

Garuba left the remaining load,  Ed was about to enter the house when he heard his name again, well literally not his name his "gateman nickname " especially when he was up to something mischievous.

" small oga, since all these days now,  you know even check for us, nawa ooo, wetin U get for your old man na"

He gave out a small laugh before he brought out two thousand naira notes and placed it on his palm.

"Manage it abeg"   he turned without looking back, by now the maid had come to pack his load and he knew the house knew he was around.
**★*************************************

Hmmmmm Family,  family as he entered into his home he could perceive the familiar air freshener that has now become the natural smell of his home.

Nobody was in the sitting room but he was so sure that his Mom was in the kitchen  preparing another delicious meal for her husband.

He went inside and cleared his throat.

"Akanni" his mother called him with his tribal name, he personally hates that name and it made him look like he is old and over forty.
"Iya Akanni" Ed decided to return the joke back and hugged her from behind. She could see the snail that was being prepared,  about to be fried.

God know how much he loves snail and it was as if he they knew he was coming home.

He dipped his hand into the drain containing the spied snails ready to  go into the hot oil.

The quickly threw one into his mouth and spat it back into his hand, it was too hot!

His mother gave a loud laugh as she always do, his mother always laughed at almost anything , it was always "laugh out loud"

He laughed also, as he took the second snail, his mother carried the bowl away from him.

Have you seen your dad? He has being expecting you since last month. You were not there for the party, go inside freshen up and go and see him.