chapter 29

Ed opened his drawer to pick up his wristwatch,  he saw the gift bag that he kept safely in his drawer since he came back from Uk. He didnt know the reason  he has been taking it with him everywhere he went for the past few days. He wanted to pop the big question for a long time but he didnt know what was keeping him.

He walked away from it,  closing the drawer. 
He was already in his car before  he  went back inside his apartment to pick it again. It is going to be now or never, the opened the drawer for the nth time and closed it.
Ed emptied  the content inside his pocket and made sure it was safe before going to work.

"Sir" Ed's secretary  interrupted his morning routine,  which usually involves a little word of prayer, black coffee and checking his emails for important information that  needs his personal attention. 

"Yes, Shade? What do you want?" Ed asked a bit irritable that he was being disturbed while trying to reply a client.

"Sir, your meeting is  scheduled to hold in thirty minutes time here is the document  concerning the the contract  in Uk that needs to be   settled.  Also, I was thinking if you wanted me to forward  list of  the candidates that  I screened for the job of the HR manger.

"Yes, just drop it the table " Ed replied rudely still not looking but at her but facing his laptop with a very serious countenance.

"Sir, am sorry and i know it is none of my business but... "

Ed glanced up from what he was doing from his Laptop , he wasn't sure he wanted to hear what his secretary wanted to say.

" i just noticed that you have not being yourself since morning,  i was wondering if all is well,  or i was hoping... maybe due to the fact that....  i am just saying that.... sorry sir"

"No, no! It is okay, i appreciate the concern,  am going to be fine, thanks Shade"

"Okay sir" she left closing the door quietly behind her.

Ed watched her as she went out . She was just a little younger than Bright,  very smart woman.
But that wasn't what worried him, he opened his drawer again and brought out the small black box from the gift bag he bought in Uk. He opened it again and stared at it. He wasn't sure how he was going to go about it.

Was he having doubt about his decisions?,  no, not really, in fact the couldn't wait to take the next line of action but at the same time he couldn't help but flash back to the phone call he received three  days ago in Bright's place.

Ed drove his car to the location that was texted to him on his phone. He would have told Bri, but he couldn't allow her to panick or be disturbed because of this phone call.

He wanted to meet this guy alone, who claims he has some information about the woman he was dating. What was he going to expect? he has seen the worst  aspect of Bright and he has also seen the best part of her especially when she is with her son.

He didn't know what to expect but he kept going towards the direction  anyways.

He packed his car in front of the lounge, which was already getting full due to the time of the night.  

He scanned the faces around trying to guess which one of the faces among the crowd called and sent him the message.

He felt as if he was being watched, he turned to the direction and meet a pair of eye.

He didn't know why he walked over the man standing near the bar, but he knew even if the man standing here wasn't the man, the bar is a easy place to locate someone in a crowd.