Can't Help It ; Natsu

By mandouyi

[complete] Life was a continuous, repetitive cycle. Things pass, perhaps stopping even a second to wave. Ev... More

1 - Beginning
2 - Photos
3 - Rocks
4 - Angels
5 - Friend
6 - Idiot
7 - Parent
8 - Clueless
9 - Contest
10 - Temptation
11 - Strangest
12 - Progress
13 - Accidents
14 - Afternoon
15 - Choice
16 - Running
17 - Faithful
Surprise! Miss me?
Author's Note
The Time We Spent
I'm Not Suicidal!
Nightmare in My Dreams
Strawberry Jelly Cake
A Wandering Child
Three Loving Words
The Infirmus Heart
Don't Leave Me!
My Other Half-Literally
Date with Him
The S-Class Job
The Fallen Girl
Natsu's Forgotten Presents
Don't Let Me Down
Life's Weird
His Departure is Nearing
Update
You Must Be Joking
A Day Full Of Tears and Grins
Two Weeks And Counting
A Week Left
Nova
Argument
Disbelief
Hospital Recovering Time
Quick Preparations
Fate
Time Together
Trouble-Maker
Hargeon Town
My Favorite- The Ferris Wheel
How About A Family?
Our Sweet Days
Surprise! Like Her?
It's Not Personal, She Says
Rescue Mission!
Lucas's Paper Crane
Well...I Had Drinks with Cana?
Babies Aren't From Stomachs!
This Lady
OH MY LORD
The Child Demands His Baby!
Is Gruvia...A Thing Yet?
The Man Who Laughed
Spying on Juvia and Gray
In Sickness and In Health
Who...Will You Choose?
PLEASE READ
Rin- And Rin
Names
Who Eats and Who Refuses
Dragon Breath
Zoos and Peacocks
Purpura
Hey...I Know You!
The Dusted Cobalt Sky
The Way Back Home
Him- Sick
The Feeling, Dreaded
Worst of Me
Not Actually Serious?
Jealousy and Rage
With My Emotions- Disappear
Our Mixed Relationship- Confusion
Something- Familiar?
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Unresolved Problems- The Woman
Rin- Prophecy Child
Consumed- Darkly Matters
As A Team- Together
An Unsteady Feeling- Lost
The One- You?!
My Thoughts- Unfortunate
Half Murderess, Half Daughter
Christmas Special
Silhouettes Against The Wall
Ignis
I Left You
𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

Power Duo

4.6K 187 312
By mandouyi

You stared in misery at the scene before you. Your knees were starting to hurt from the small pebbles on the ground.

Just a few feet away, Natsu didn't stir.

The hard surface that was the ground hit your body as you let yourself fall. You closed your eyes to the deafening silence.

"(Y-Y/N)?" A small voice croaked. "Natsu?"

You could recognize that voice anywhere. Your eyes popped open, and you hauled yourself off the ground. Natsu's best friend met your glance.

"(Y/N)!" He flew into you, his small arms wrapped around your neck. "I'm so glad you're alive-!" He was puzzled when you didn't respond. "Is Natsu okay?" He hopped over to his partner.

"He's...fine." The words left your throat, and you tried to swallow the huge lump that you felt. "What's that in your hand?"

Happy's eyes traveled to find yours. His tail was still, almost as if he was dead. "It's a letter. T-t-there's one for you too."

In your waiting palm, he placed the vanilla envelope. You slipped it in your pocket for later. Giving Happy a wary look, you asked, "you alright?"

His stare was blank- not filled with the lively sparkle that it usually carried. The blue cat was silent as he could only stare at the ground, wrinkling his nose, trying his hardest not to cry.

Managing a miserable expression, you left him there to just stare at the blank area ahead of him. You knelt down by Natsu, and clutched his hand, tightly.

"Sweetheart." You softly murmured, waking him with magic. "Nnn..." His groggy voice sounded sleepy, as he opened his eyes.

"Rise and shine, beauty queen." You said, still crestfallen. "(Y/N), you..." Natsu pulled himself up, his grip tightening around your hand. "You put me to sleep," he halfheartedly accused.

Sensing your discomfort like a good husband, he let his hand rest on your head. "What happened? You look as if someone stole your favorite food."

At his attempt to cheer you up, you could only crack a forced smile. "Can you just..." You rested your head against his chest, "can you just hold me?"

Natsu became quiet, as his free hand played with your hair. "...yeah."

________________________

"Wait, don't touch that!"

I looked up from my spot in the cafe just in time to spy a baby girl with dark hair, toddling around. Her mother, who looked like the exact replica of the child, swooped her up into her arms.

A man who stood behind her, chuckled.

My eyes widened at the color of his hair, which was on the border of salmon pink and dark pink.

"What are you doing?" The man laughed at the small child, as he touched her nose, playfully. The young woman shook her head at the man who appeared to be her husband.

'Well. I'll be damned.' I thought to myself, as I watched them sit down at a table. 'Isn't that (Y/N) and Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail?'

My question was answered, when a boy- no older than around ten, appeared behind them. "Mom, Dad...you're embarrassing me..." His soft mutter was loud enough for me and his parents to hear.

A jolt of electricity ran through me as my eyes fell upon the young boy. Without a doubt, I was sure that this was the Dragneel child. I've read about him- yes, I believe that was it!

This child...was unbelievably strong, they had said.

"Yeah, I agree." Natsu pecked his wife on her lips as he gave the child a wink. "(Y/N), you're embarrassing to be around." He told her.

Then, much to my surprise, the woman who had the Great Salamander wrapped around her finger, said, "you're the one that's embarrassing to be around..."

I thought she would simply throw him a look and ignore his comment. I didn't know (Y/N) well- only the Salamander. Mainly from reading articles from Sorcerer Magazine- who used to speak of him in ill terms.

My book was left open and completely forgotten as I tried to sneak glances at the couple.

"Did you contact Lucy?" (Y/N) asked, coolly. It was hesitant, but traces of jealousy was clear in her voice.

"Just yesterday. Are you jealous?" He cooed, causing me to almost spit out my drink. Never in my life have I ever heard the Dragon Slayer use that tone of voice.

"N-no! Ugh..." His wife turned her head away, her cheeks dusted pink.

'I can see why he fell for her...'

"Mama's jealous?" I heard the small boy ask. "Why is mom jealous?"

"It's because your mother loves me a lot!" Happily, his father told him. "I love Lucas a lot," (Y/N) responded.

The golden-eyed boy stared back and forth at his parents as if he expected them to turn into lions and leap at each others throats.

"Mama, I wanna go see the strippers again!"

This time, I actually spit out my drink. 'What?!'

"Lucas!" I heard the woman's gentle chide. "They're called elephants! Elephants!"

"B-but Uncle Gray said-"

"I told you- he's an idiot." Natsu said, smartly. "Don't listen to him."

After a few more moments of them exchanging words, I returned to my book.

However, as I did so, I felt a small tug on my coat. Setting down my book, I stared into the bright eyes of the legendary Dragneel child.

"Miss..." The boy spoke, with a soft smile. "My mother said I should go apologize to you."

"W-what?" I squeaked, unable to meet his eyes. For a ten-year old, he had the aura of a handsome man.

'Pull yourself together! What are you- a pedophile?'

"Apologize?" I repeated, confused.

"My mother saw you spit out your drink, and-" the boy was interrupted when his mother appeared behind him.

Being so close to the highly-spoken of Dragneel was a bit too much for me. I could've sworn I had stars in my eyes when I looked at her.

She had heterochromia, yet she looked at me with such proud and brave eyes. "I'm really sorry about that," she apologized.

"His vocabulary is a bit weird..." She trailed off, sheepishly.

"U-um!" My voice came out way more high-pitched than it should've. "Can I shake your hand?"

Startled, she took a step back as I sprang out of my seat. "I'm sorry- I'm just an editor for the Sorcerer Magazine." I introduced myself. "I see your name in our articles all the time!"

(Y/N) looked genuinely surprised. "Really?" She glanced back at her husband, who was happily playing with his child.

"Of course," she answered with a warm smile, as she shook my hand.

___

I watched them depart from outside the cafe. I had moved to sitting on the outside bench- where I could enjoy reading in the sun.

She held her son's hand, while the father had their beautiful daughter in his arms. "What do you feel like doing now?" (Y/N) asked her husband.

He could only smile down at his wife, his pink hair spiking up. "Whatever you want, sweetheart."

I really couldn't believe my ears. This couple was more than just a power duo. 'Incredible...they fit together so perfectly.'

She lightly pecked him on the lips, as they walked away from the cafe. (Y/N) murmured something incoherent to the Salamander, causing him to chuckle.

'The aura they give off is unbeatable.'

'It's really amazing, isn't it?'

T H E     E N D
author's note is after this chapter
please stay tuned for it
otherwise...
thank you for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 3 5
Becoming a wandering mage at a young age, Lucy finds herself on new journeys nearly every single day. On a faithful day in the port town of Hargeon...
6.7K 380 33
❝You don't realize how much you love a person until you are at risk of losing them.❞ ────in which a single night changes Natsu Dragneel's life with...
2.8K 35 11
Lucy is in an abusive relationship with her boyfriend Loke, but she one day escapes him and runs into a certain pink haired boy. What will happen whe...
14.3K 295 55
"Oops, my baby, you woke up in my bed. Oops, we broke up, we're better off as friends. Now I accidentally need you, I don't know what to do. Oops, ba...