extraordinarylove.

By nikkitynaakks

"I was just a girl, you were just a boy / Together we were one, together we were perfect." SEQUEL TO 'NO PRES... More

Prologue: When in Spain
1: Emotional Rollercoaster
2: Baby Food & Baby Bottles
3: Count Those Blessings
4: Practice Makes Perfect
5: What If's
6: Out of the Ordinary
7: A Curry Family Thing
8: Serious vs. Curious
9: Distractions
10: M&L
(a/n)
11: Highs & Lows
13: Too Nice
14: The Struggles & Pain
15: Wake Up Calls
16: Drunk Mind, Sober Thoughts
17: Heartaches
18: Break Up to Make Up
19: Going International
20: Unusual Encounters
21: Homecoming
22: Trauma
23: Mixed Signals
24: Abide
25: Stephen vs. Makeup
26: Touchdown in The Land
27: Backbone
28: Time is of the Essence
29: 'Til Death Do Us Part
30: Call Me Crazy
31: Priorities
32: Neglected
33: The Last Straw
34: No Place Like Home
35: Strangers Again
36: Growing Pains

12: In the Darkest Hour

1.4K 51 20
By nikkitynaakks

Sheri looked at herself in the mirror, questioning if she looked presentable enough to hit the club. Not only was she going to pick up her things, but to spend time and get her thoughts together for the night outside of the house. She started to look at every flaw that popped up in her head while examining herself in the mirror.

Gaining weight in some areas. Droopy eyes. Just not good enough in general. Thats probably why it was so easy for him to leave.

She could use support from anyone right now, but it seems as if everyone is way too busy to help her through her problems. Alyssa and Steph welcoming the twins, George traveling to do shoots abroad; she felt alone. The most alone she's felt in awhile.

She sighs and grabs her keys before heading out the door. The radio was blasting Kehlani's new hit, Did I, making Sheri clench her jaw thinking about the situation she was in. She honestly couldn't hate Klay, but at this present moment, he wasn't the greatest person in her book. As much as she wanted to stop moping around about him, she couldn't. She wanted to do everything she could to push away these feelings so she could do her own and worry about herself. But it was easier said than done.

Sheri arrives at the club a bit quicker than she expected. She dusts herself off and takes a deep breath, nervous that she's stepping foot on these grounds again. The club remained the way she remembered it, with the security guard at the front still being the same man since high school. He was a very gullible man, being that Sheri's fake ID at the time looked nothing like her and still let her in with no issues. But he was nice to her, so she didn't complain.

"Wow, is that you Rachelle? I haven't seen you in a very long time." Rachelle. She tries not to chuckle, but it was comedy to her that he still remembered the person on her fake ID.

"It has been. How've you been, Tyrone?"

"Good, good. You about to come here more often now?"

"I guess. Just taking the time to visit old stomping grounds. You know." She shrugs as he smiles and unhooks the rope to let her in.

"Well, have a great night." He says, stepping aside as she made her way into the club. The scent was all too familiar to her. She was immediately greeted by a cloud of smoke, making her way deeper into the club. She looked at her surroundings, noticing the older men circling around the dancers that danced on the stage or on individual stages. The bar area was packed with a bunch of drunk people making their way to the dance floor on the other side of the club. She looked around to look for the familiar face, finding comfort when she finally spots her plug at the back of the club.

"Well, look who it is." Rodney said, welcoming her with open arms.

"Wassup Rodney."

"You look great, ma. It's been a long time. What brought you back here?" She shrugs.

"Just thought I'd pay a visit." He nods, his bottom lip poking out. "Well I made sure your order was prepared very carefully. Even gave you a little extra, being that you've always been one of my favorite customers."

"Thanks, Rod. You're always looking out." He flashes the little baggies filled with press pills and the other filled with coke. Her eyes widen, realizing that he indeed packed the baggies a bit more for her tonight.

"I got you. You wanna try some out right now?" She hesitated and looked at the bags once more before returning her attention to Rodney. He had the biggest smile on his face, almost as if he was convincing her through his expression. "I know you're down."

"Eh, I guess so. Why not?" Why not? She followed him deeper into the club, finding a couple of men gambling for money while smoking an endless amount of weed. He sat down at a white, plastic table, immediately unpacking some of the coke from the baggie. He created four thin lines and signaled for her to sit and take the first hit.

"Go ahead, ma. That's all you." He rubbed his hands together as Sheri made herself comfortable at the table. She felt her hands slightly shaking, a bit nervous about everything happening. It was making her feel queasy inside, and she started to wonder if this was the right decision. Too late now. "Come on, once you take the hit, everything will get better."

"Okay." She says lowly, proceeding to lower her nose down to the lines prepared before her. She tilted her head back as Rodney excitedly nodded his head and clapped his hands. The high was instant; making her feel like she was walking on clouds. As if she had no worries in the world. She smiled at Rodney, as she watched him take his hits.

"Feels good, don't it." He tilted his head back in satisfaction. "You missed it, didn't you?"

"Sure did." She simply said. Sooner or later, after another hit, she was starting to remember why she turned to these substances in the first place to comfort her. It made her feel good. It made her feel whole. And it made her forget about all the troubles in her life.

She stumbles a bit trying to stand on her own two feet, but once she gathers herself, she makes it out to the bar/dance floor area. She orders herself an AMF, knowing it'd get her drunk pretty quickly. Did I seemed to be the song of the night for her cause it was playing once again, making Sheri bob her head as she continued to sip on her drink - no longer pacing herself.

"Aye mama-- Woah, holdup. Sheri?" She turned to the man standing next to her, her eyes sitting low.

"Oh my god." She said, smiling. She playfully put her hand on his shoulder, the alcohol and the coke starting to hit its peak. "What are you doing here?"

"I come here to chill out. You know, take time to myself."

"Watch the girls dance?" She winks and giggles.

"Nah but I mean, If you'd dance for me." He smiled, licking his bottom lip as he eyed her.

"Wow, you're trying to play me, aren't you?"

"What do you mean, sweetie?"

"You're Klay's teammate. You shouldn't be doing this. That's so bad." She giggled.

"Klay has his own worries now, you and I both know that. Besides, let the man grow up. Come deal with somebody who's already grown." He inches closer to her, knowing he's intriguing her.

"Oh yeah? Is that supposed to be you?"

"Yeah, ma. Let me show you right quick." He nods at the dance floor, signaling for her to follow him. She gulps the remaining of her AMF before she takes his hand to the dance floor. Without any care in the world, she immediately started dancing up on the man, his hands gripping tighter at her hips.

Damn, and to think Klay knew his teammates.

-

Alyssa was carrying Micah while Steph danced around with Layleana in the living room. They were enjoying a night of family time, watching a marathon of family friendly movies like Finding Nemo and Wreck It Ralph. Steph was being silly as usual, getting a smile from Layleana here and there.

"Daddy's being silly, isn't he?" Alyssa baby talked Lay as her and Steph sat next to Alyssa and Micah.

"Say yes, Lay. Daddy's got all the dance moves. Let mommy know."

"Micah's turn!" They swapped babies, laughing and having fun in the process. Alyssa turned to the clock, seeing that it was time for the girls to drink their bottles soon. She walked over to the kitchen with Lay in her arms, as she put the bottles in warm water. "Babe, take Lay, I'm gonna take the trash out."

"You don't wanna wait for me to do it later?"

"No, I got it." She handed Lay back to Steph, letting both girls be cradled by him. She carefully lifted the trash out of the bin and made her way to the front door, only to notice a figure looking through their gates. She peeked through the small window on the door, squinting her eyes to get a good look at who it was - even though, she already had a feeling about who the individual was. She sighed and walked outside, seeing Christian stepping back from the gates.

"I'm gonna call the cops the next time I see you doing that shit, Christian." She says as she throws the trash into the bin and folds her arms.

"Sorry, I told you. My friend lives near here. Just thought I'd drop by."

"But, I said I wasn't gonna see you. Plus, you really need to stop creeping like that. That's not cool."

"Your twins are adorable." She was taken aback by the statement, wondering how he knew what they looked like since her and Steph haven't released any pictures of the babies yet.

"Uhm?"

"I'm just assuming, you know.. All babies are adorable." He chuckled nervously, trying to save himself from the previous statement.

"Thanks. But you can leave now. Foreel, don't come around here. I'm trying to be cool with you, but coming on our property crosses the line."

"Alright, you're right. Have a good night." She rolled her eyes before slamming the gates closed and locking the door to the house. She looked outside once again, seeing him slowly leaving the house, still eyeing the property.

"Watchu lookin' at baby?" Steph says, coming behind her and startling her.

"Oh, nothing." She shakes her head. "Where are the twins?" Alyssa asks, making her way to the living room.

"They're in their little cradle thingies." He said, distracted by looking out the window. He saw Christian leaving the property, a bit freaked out as to why Alyssa was having these encounters with him and why he was popping up at their house randomly. He took one good look to make sure he was gone, making sure to activate the alarm systems before leaving the door.

It was about time he asked more about him and these encounters.

-

Uh oh, who's this new man on the team Sheri's flirting around with? What's Alyssa gonna say about Christian? STAY TUNED.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.8K 1.4K 57
| BOOK 1 | Ayesha is not into athletes, nor will she ever be. But when one day she bumps into the one and only Stephen Curry in the halls of Davidson...
68.7K 1.4K 14
Sequel to Minni McCall I'm the same as I used to be just stronger and wiser.
31.5K 988 34
"It's you - Baby, I don't need nobody To tell me it's true / Everything you do / Can't get no better / No better than you." Will Alyssa & Stephen be...
83.1K 2.4K 24
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡, she finds a best friend & lifelong companion in her teammate.