22: Trauma

"STEPHEN!"

"NO!"

Pitch black. 

All Alyssa saw was darkness due to her shutting her eyes close in fear. Afraid of what'd she see, she slowly opened her eyes, seeing Stephen over her, with Klay covering the both of them. 

"Fuck!" Klay groaned, grabbing his arm. Christian laughed, still aiming the gun towards the three of them.

"Klay! Klay, come on man, you're alright." Stephen examined the blood coming from Klay's arm. The bullet brushed his arm as he jumped in front of Stephen to block him from the bullet, leaving him with a slightly deep wound. He sighed in relief, thanking God in his mind that the bullet didn't do any more damage. 

"Damn, wasted a bullet." Christian says, now standing over Stephen as he prepares to pull the trigger once more. "Oh well, doesn't hurt to try again, doesn't it?" Helpless, Stephen closed his eyes in fear. He knew there was nothing for him to do at this point, but he wasn't going to let Klay nor Alyssa get hurt again.

"Put the gun down!" Steph opened one eye to see the cops running into the house, pointing their guns toward Christian. Surprised, Christian rose his hands up as he dropped the gun to the floor. The police took over, grabbing the gun and easily arresting the man. Stephen watched Christian fight a bit in his handcuffs as the police took him out to the car, feeling a huge weight lifted off of his shoulder that he would be put away after doing all this damage to his fiance and best friend. He was pulled out of his thoughts as the paramedics followed to tend to both Klay and Alyssa. 

"You're going to be okay, baby." He rushes over to Alyssa, who was now fully conscious and able to interpret everything going on. She winced as the paramedics tended to her wounds but pointed towards Klay.

"I'm fine, Stephen. Look out for Klay." He simply nodded, following the paramedics outside as they tended to Klay. 

"You're gonna be alright, man. Why did you do that?"

"Come on, Stephen. You have a family to take care of. There was no way I was gonna let that psycho ass shoot you." Klay chuckled a bit, but quickly winced the pain shot through his arm.

"Don't ever do that again, Klay."

"I got you. It's done with."

"Where are you taking him?" Steph asked the paramedics as they loaded the stretcher into the ambulance. 

"He's going to need a bit more medical attention than we can provide. We're going to take him to Alta Bates." The paramedic responded. Sooner or later, Alyssa was brought out to the ambulance as well, wrapped in a blanket.

"What about my fiance? What are you going to do with her?" He ran his hand through his hair in worry.

"She'll be at the same hospital, sir. We need to give them proper medical attention to make sure they are properly taken care of." 

"Mr. Curry, may I have a word with you?" An officer came from behind him. 

"Look, I just want to make sure Alyssa and Klay are alright. Can't this--"

"I understand that, but I just need to know what happened before anything else. It's important for us to get your statement at the mean time in order for us to work quickly on this case." His head dropped, sighing in frustration as the ambulance was off to its destination.

"What can I help you with, officer?" He asked lowly, knowing that he had to do this in order for Christian to receive the proper charges. There was no way in hell Steph was gonna let the man get away with all the chaos he's caused.