21: Homecoming

Alyssa took in a deep breath as she rolled her window down. This was the last time, for awhile at least, that she would be breathing Bali air. As the car was making its way to the airport, she took in her surroundings one last time. As much as she missed Stephen, Micah and Layleana, she had an amazing time with SK-II in Bali. Not only was she surrounded by Bali's beauty, but she was able to make new friends and learn more about the brand. She was also pampered in many ways and received many gifts as a token of appreciation from SK-II. She hasn't felt so refreshed and revived in awhile, but she was ready to come home. What she was most excited about was the fact that she would be home a lot earlier than Stephen expected, and she couldn't wait to surprise him.

She couldn't wait to surprise him, kiss him, wrap her arms around him, everything. It's been a short, but long trip at the same time.

Finally settling into the plane, Alyssa wanted these 22 hours on the plane to go by as fast as it possibly could. She put on her headphones and played her music, allowing the music to put her in a deep sleep.

-

"Isn't Alyssa coming back today?" Klay asked as he ran to the basket for a layup.

"Yes. Finally. She won't be back until late tonight though." Stephen smiled from ear to ear, excited for his fiance's homecoming.

"Is that why you're asking me to hang out with you until then?" Klay laughed.

"And?"

"Where are your parents and the twins?"

"They're spending the day with some of my other family members. They won't be back until late too. So I'm just all alone."

"Man, you just sad aren't you?"

"Shutup."

"I guess I'll hang out with you. Do I really have a choice?"

"No, not at all." 

"Guess I can take this opportunity to whoop your ass in 2k again."

"Keep talking, foreel." The two laugh, as they continue to work on their shooting even with practice ending an hour ago. 

As the afternoon dwells on, Steph and Klay continue to spend some time together while Alyssa hops off the plane. She smiles, finally feeling good to be back home. The butterflies begin to accumulate in her stomach when she catches her Uber, all due to the excitement of seeing Stephen and the twins. She knew he didn't have a game today, so he was definitely out of practice. 

Getting to the house, she feels whole again. But, she doesn't see Steph's car, nor does she see Sonya and Dell's car. She ran up to the front door, dropping all her things to the ground and unlocking it as quickly as she can.

"Steph?" Alyssa calls out, even if his car isn't in the driveway. "Mom, Dad?" She proceeds to yell for Sonya & Dell as she walks through the house. Pure Silence. She shrugs, a bit disappointed that no one was home. She carries her stuff up to the room and plops on the bed to gather herself for a minute. Alyssa doesn't realize how tired and jet lagged she is until she feels the soft duvet covers and pillows underneath her. "Damn, it feels good to be in this bed again." She says to herself. But before she could drift into a nap, she hears movement downstairs, startling her and making her sit up on the bed.

"Stephen?!" She calls out excitedly, getting no response. Suspicious, she makes her way back downstairs, proceeding to the room she claimed to hear noise in. Looking in, she sees nothing unusual. But, before she could fully turn around, she instantly feels suffocated as hands are placed over her mouth and nose, with someone shushing her from behind.