10: M&L

"I honestly never meant to hurt you like this." Klay said as he leaned over onto his knees.

"Don't say that when you know damn well how much this would hurt me." Sheri cried. Klay sighed, dropping his head.

"I'm sorry Sheri. But you and I both know we need time to do our own thing right now."

"You didn't have to move on so fast, Klay. I don't think you really cared."

"Don't even go there, you know I did."

"Did?"

"I love you. I really do. But I'm just not in love with this relationship anymore. We've been arguing like crazy. We've been butting heads more than anything. It's unhealthy. Look at what it's doing to us." Silence. Sheri didn't care to respond, especially with the hurt she was feeling. She gets that, but she just doesn't understand where Fatima comes into play.

"I just don't get how she's supposed to be helping you."

"It doesn't have anything to do with her."

"It has everything to do with her. Or else you wouldn't have left."

"I wouldn't?"

"No. Because you would've been here working through our issues instead of finding comfort in another female." He sighed. She was right, but there was no turning back now. He just found his happiness more important at this point, and he found that in Fatima. But he didn't feel the need to explain.

"I don't know what else I could say to you."

"I really don't think I want anything to do with you."

"Okay." That hurt him, but he understood where she was coming from. "I guess I deserve that."

"Don't call me. Don't text me. Don't come crying to me when she fucks around with your heart, Klay."

"You'll find someone better." Is all he could respond with. He gets up to try and hug her but she simply gives him a look and shakes her head.

"Don't touch me."

"You know I'm always gonna be here for you, Sher."

"I don't need you to be. You weren't here for me now, so I don't need you later." 

The scene kept replaying in Sheri's head as she sat in the waiting room of the hospital. She kept trying to drown out her thoughts and focus on the present, but it wasn't happening. Especially when the room started to flood with the rest of the team coming from practice.

"You need to not with that mean ass mug on your face." George said, throwing in some sass with it. 

"Sorry. I know."

"It's gonna be okay. But right now you need to push those thoughts aside and think about these twins we're about to meet." He said with a huge smile on his face. Sheri chuckled a bit, and nodded. As much as she wanted to mope around, she couldn't. It was a happy moment, and she was honestly excited for Steph and Alyssa. There was nothing brighter than welcoming twins into this world.

Steph stepped aside and put on the protective gown he was ordered to wear. His hands started shaking as he tried to comfort his fiancé by rubbing her head and keeping her calm.

"Baby relax. It's gonna be okay, alright? You got this."

"Ugh, god this pain! Jesus Christ!" She groaned, as she gripped onto Steph's arm. Her nails were digging into his flesh and he couldn't help but wince a bit. But he kept telling himself that he wasn't a wimp and that he'd let her transfer the pain onto him. For now, at least.