36: Growing Pains

The month quickly ended with the Warriors continuing to keep their undefeated streak alive. With everything going on, Steph managed to keep his emotions under control. He figured it was the least he could do if he was really trying to get Alyssa back. But as the days went on, he only saw the distance between them growing. Of course it hurt him that things went downhill so quick, but there wasn't anything else he could do at this point but to let time take its course. 

As for Alyssa, she felt the pain the same way Steph was feeling it. But she knew she needed space. Or, they needed space from each other so problems wouldn't keep coming up and so they could move forward. If they were going to grow and get through this, she felt like they both needed to realize the reasons why they got together and why they wanted this life together. 

Things have just gotten lost amidst all the chaos. 

Stephen, Klay and Draymond took a break playing pool to head to the bar for some quick shots. They were all feeling a bit tipsy, but they felt like they needed a break after putting in extra work in the gym and on the court. 

"Ahhhhh, shit." Steph slowly sat onto the bar stool, still feeling a bit sore from last night's game for some odd reason. 

"That's what yo' old ass gets for being so bold and not stretching beforehand." Klay said, sitting next to him while Draymond proceeded to order three shots of Jack Daniels. After all, it was happy hour. 

"That's what yo' old ass--" Steph mimicked him before taking the shot glass in his hand. "Yeah, yeah." Klay shook his head before they took their shots in silence.

"Sheesh." Klay winced at the taste.

"Ya'll want another one?" Dray leaned onto the bar to get a good look at the both of them. Steph quickly looked at his phone to keep track of the time, pausing for a minute to examine Alyssa and the twins on his lock screen.

"Uh, nah. I'm good, sir. I gotta pick up one of the twins in a few."

"Damn, man. That's really how it's going down between you two?" Klay asked, still trying to get himself together after the shot.

"Yup." He simply responded.

"Ya'll haven't tried talking it out or anything?" 

Steph shrugged. "We've tried. She thinks the space would be good for us."

"I mean, I get that. But ya'll got kids together."

"I know, the kids are everything, really. But I don't know. I guess I agree with her. We kind of just need to let some steam off and take some time away from each other. That way when we finally can sit down and talk more about us, it won't be so bad."

"Sounds about right."

"I mean, it'll make you guys good parents as the twins are growing up too. Fixing issues and doing what's best in order for your relationship to grow." Dray shrugged. "I'ma just let ya'll do what ya'll needa do."

"Not gonna lie though, the house is pretty quiet without her around."

"Got you in your feelings late at night, huh?" Klay said, chuckling a bit.

"Maybe."

"Don't worry bruh. Things will work out." Stephen remained quiet to avoid speaking on the subject any more. He always made the mistake of thinking that he had fully accepted how things were going and that he could talk about it with no issues. But it was the total opposite. 

"One more shot?" Klay shrugged, letting Dray order shots for the both of them. Stephen quietly sat on the stool, feeling his body get hotter as the alcohol he just drank was being absorbed throughout his body. They made their way back to the pool table to finish off one last game before Steph had to head out. He gave his daps to his boys before he headed out to his car, his eyes still red and his vision a bit blurred from the alcohol.