17: Heartaches

The next morning, Alyssa finds herself in her office/makeup room sorting through emails and packages that have been sent to her. She's been so caught up with family business that all her packages from different brands have indeed piled up. But she was happy she could finally sort through it and give a couple of the products test runs. Although it took a lot longer than she expected, she was happy she could get back to her videos and brand meetings.

"Hey beautiful, this was at the front door for you." Stephen slightly knocks before entering her room. He places the medium sized box on her desk before examining the products all over the floor. "Organizing all your presents, huh?" He chuckles and scratches his head, the amount of products she receives making him a bit nervous. She had a pretty big room to herself and he was starting to think it still might not be enough. These brands loved his fiancé so much that they showered her more than he's ever tried to.

"Yup. Isn't it exciting?"

"Jeez, I suppose. You got room or do we need to take a trip to IKEA for more storage containers?"

"Might have to."

"What's in the box, baby girl?"

"Hm, good question." He watches Alyssa put aside the Colourpop lipsticks she was toying with to look at the box. She arches her eyebrow, reading aloud who it was from with a ton of lipstick colors lining the top of her hand. After all this time, he was still confused as to why girls always felt the need to run their lipsticks over their hand to get a better look at the color. It looked the same to him inside & out, but Alyssa claims it's not the same thing. "Aw, it's from SK-II."

"From who?"

"It's the skin care company I talk about a lot."

"Oh, all those facial washes you got in the bathroom. Those are nice."

"Yeah, they're a really good skin care company." Alyssa says, damn near breaking the box when she opens it.

"Sheesh. Be careful, Lyss. You might hurt yourself. Or those precious little products."

"I'm fine." She finally opens the box completely, revealing a decorated box containing new products that were about to hit the market. She examines the products and quietly nods before opening an envelope. Steph looks at his watch to get a good look at the time before waking Klay up for practice. "Oh.. my god." Alyssa says, covering her mouth.

"What's wrong?"

"No way." Alyssa laughs before covering her mouth again, Steph still confused as to what was happening.

"Care to fill me in?"

"SK-II wants me to go to Bali with them in the next couple of days."

"Wow, that's great baby!" He kisses the top of her head as he examines the card with her and gives her shoulders a light massage. "When are you leaving?"

"By the weekend."

"So after opening night? Whew. Thank God."

"Aw babe." She chuckles and looks up at him. "I wouldn't go if they had me leave before opening night."

"Nah, but this is a good opportunity for you. It'll be a good experience. Traveling on your own internationally."

"Damn, well. If you put it like that, it's kind of scary."

"You won't be gone for long, right?" He pouts. Yes, he really was happy for her. He knew there would be more of these trips down the line, and he wanted to take every opportunity that presented itself to her. He wouldn't want her to miss a thing. But at the same time, it was already hurting his heart knowing she'd be gone even for a couple of days.