4: Practice Makes Perfect

FLASHBACK

"Hey babe." Christian said, walking into Alyssa's room at her Burlingame house. He silently closed the door, knowing her mom was already asleep.

"Hey." She simply says, as he makes himself comfortable in the open space left for him on her bed.

"You're not gonna give me a kiss?" He says, edging his face towards hers. She moved her face away a bit, annoyed that he was already in her face. They had been arguing too much the past couple of months and quite frankly, she just wasn't in the mood anymore. She found herself trying to escape the relationship, only to be trapped.

"Christian. Stop." She moved away, instantly closing her laptop and putting it away. Christian scrunched his forehead, slowly getting irate that she was acting up when he took the time to visit her.

"Stop? Stop what? What's your issue?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired." She lays down onto her side, trying to avoid the conversation. He sighs and smacks his lips.

"Are you serious, Alyssa?" She rolled her eyes instead of responding. Yeah, he was a bit scary when he was mad, but at the same time, she wasn't gonna force herself to feel a certain way just to please him. She was over it. "I fucking came out all the way here to visit you and spend time with you. And then you're gonna tell me you're tired? That's fucking bullshit."

"How is that bullshit? I'm sorry I'm tired?"

"You had all day to rest! You're just saying that shit cause I'm here! I'm so fucking tired of you doing this."

"Honestly, I really don't wanna deal with this right now Christian. If you came here just to argue, like we've always been doing, then you can find your way out the door." She says sternly.

"Have you lost your goddamn mind?" He grips onto her arm to force her to look at him. "Don't ever speak to me like that."

"Get your hands off of me, you're hurting me." She said, the tears welling up in her eyes as his fingers were piercing through her skin with the tight grip he had.

"I swear to God, you're such an ungrateful bitch. You don't deserve shit from me, but here I am busting my ass off for you!" At this point, he's standing to try and force Alyssa off the bed. She continues to fight, kicking him to remove herself from his grip. But she fails. She falls to the floor, hitting her back bone pretty hard.

"Christian, stop." She pleads. He stands over her, knowing she's vulnerable and weak when she starts to plead the way she does.

"Can I get some fucking respect? I took my time to come see you, don't you get that? I could be anywhere else, I could be with anybody I wanted to. But I'm here!" He says crouching down to her face. He grips her face to bring it closer, making his point clear. "You aren't anybody without me, sweetie. So I suggest you quit playing your fucking games and start appreciating the shit I do for you." He pushes her face away, making her head hit the side of her bed. He takes one look at her before he leaves the room. When the coast is clear, she rubs her head and cries, hoping that some day she could finally get out of this.

He was never like this.

--

"Okay but are you sure he's nothing I have to worry about?" Steph said, pacing around their room. The topic was continuously bugging Steph, but he was trying his hardest to get over it so he wouldn't have to cause issues between the two of them.

"Yes, babe. I promise."

"He's not gonna be all crazy and try to run back to you and do all that psycho ex stuff?"