12: In the Darkest Hour

Sheri looked at herself in the mirror, questioning if she looked presentable enough to hit the club. Not only was she going to pick up her things, but to spend time and get her thoughts together for the night outside of the house. She started to look at every flaw that popped up in her head while examining herself in the mirror.

Gaining weight in some areas. Droopy eyes. Just not good enough in general. Thats probably why it was so easy for him to leave.

She could use support from anyone right now, but it seems as if everyone is way too busy to help her through her problems. Alyssa and Steph welcoming the twins, George traveling to do shoots abroad; she felt alone. The most alone she's felt in awhile.

She sighs and grabs her keys before heading out the door. The radio was blasting Kehlani's new hit, Did I, making Sheri clench her jaw thinking about the situation she was in. She honestly couldn't hate Klay, but at this present moment, he wasn't the greatest person in her book. As much as she wanted to stop moping around about him, she couldn't. She wanted to do everything she could to push away these feelings so she could do her own and worry about herself. But it was easier said than done.

Sheri arrives at the club a bit quicker than she expected. She dusts herself off and takes a deep breath, nervous that she's stepping foot on these grounds again. The club remained the way she remembered it, with the security guard at the front still being the same man since high school. He was a very gullible man, being that Sheri's fake ID at the time looked nothing like her and still let her in with no issues. But he was nice to her, so she didn't complain.

"Wow, is that you Rachelle? I haven't seen you in a very long time." Rachelle. She tries not to chuckle, but it was comedy to her that he still remembered the person on her fake ID.

"It has been. How've you been, Tyrone?"

"Good, good. You about to come here more often now?"

"I guess. Just taking the time to visit old stomping grounds. You know." She shrugs as he smiles and unhooks the rope to let her in.

"Well, have a great night." He says, stepping aside as she made her way into the club. The scent was all too familiar to her. She was immediately greeted by a cloud of smoke, making her way deeper into the club. She looked at her surroundings, noticing the older men circling around the dancers that danced on the stage or on individual stages. The bar area was packed with a bunch of drunk people making their way to the dance floor on the other side of the club. She looked around to look for the familiar face, finding comfort when she finally spots her plug at the back of the club.

"Well, look who it is." Rodney said, welcoming her with open arms.

"Wassup Rodney."

"You look great, ma. It's been a long time. What brought you back here?" She shrugs.

"Just thought I'd pay a visit." He nods, his bottom lip poking out. "Well I made sure your order was prepared very carefully. Even gave you a little extra, being that you've always been one of my favorite customers."

"Thanks, Rod. You're always looking out." He flashes the little baggies filled with press pills and the other filled with coke. Her eyes widen, realizing that he indeed packed the baggies a bit more for her tonight.

"I got you. You wanna try some out right now?" She hesitated and looked at the bags once more before returning her attention to Rodney. He had the biggest smile on his face, almost as if he was convincing her through his expression. "I know you're down."

"Eh, I guess so. Why not?" Why not? She followed him deeper into the club, finding a couple of men gambling for money while smoking an endless amount of weed. He sat down at a white, plastic table, immediately unpacking some of the coke from the baggie. He created four thin lines and signaled for her to sit and take the first hit.