25: Stephen vs. Makeup

"I'm so excited!" Alyssa squealed as she grabbed onto Stephen's arm while they walked down the halls of Makeup Geek. 

"Damn baby, might as well just cut off my circulation while you're at it." Stephen chuckled, watching the excitement on her face continuously grow the closer they got to the room they were holding the meeting in. He was beyond tired, but he wanted to accompany her on this big step she was taking. Plus, he was surprising her with a trip to Cleveland so she could be there during the game and for an over-due date night he planned out.

"I'm sorry, I just can't wait for you to see it." She says, letting go of his arm to greet everyone in the room. The two immediately sat down as they brought out a box full of Alyssa's palettes out onto the table. Steph loved watching her eyes light up as she held the palette in her hands and examined the finalized colors of shadows included. 

"These should be up for sale by the end of the week." One of the staff members said to conclude the meeting. Alyssa simply nodded, since the palette had taken up all of her attention.

"Babe." She said almost at a whisper.

"What's up, beautiful? Why do you look upset?"

"I'm not! I'm so satisfied with it." She giggled. "Give me your hand." She smirked. Steph shrugged, allowing his fiance to grab his hand. He silently watched her run a finger in one of the eyeshadows and run it along the top of his hand. He arched his eyebrow in confusion, wondering why she was using him as her swatch model.

"That comes off right?" He chuckled as she continued to swatch colors on his hand.

"Mhm, but wait. Look at this color." She swatched a deep burgundy color on his hand. "Isn't this so pretty?! I think this is my fave."

"Yeah that is--"

"Oh wait, look at this one! I think this is my fave." She swatched a shimmery, rose gold color on him.

"Oh yeah, that's exquisite." Stephen said sarcastically, holding his laugh in. Catching on to his sarcasm, Alyssa rolled her eyes and continued to swatch the rest of the colors on his hand. "Okay, seriously. I think they're all great colors, babe."

"Are you proud of me?" She pouted.

"Why wouldn't I be? Does this mean I get my own to brag about?" He said loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. He grabbed himself a palette out of the box next to him and held it up in front of Alyssa for an Instagram opportunity. 

Caption: The beauty doing big things. #ComingSoon #GetYoursCauseIGotMine

Alyssa chuckled at the post, giving her man a kiss on the cheek as they got ready to leave the office. Since it was reaching lunch time, Steph decided to bring them to a nearby cafe for a quick lunch before he spilled the surprise to Alyssa. Although it didn't seem big, it's been awhile since the two have spent quality time together, so he was excited.

"How's Klay doing?" Alyssa asked before biting into her sandwich.

"Heartbroken as hell. But I honestly saw it coming."

"Really? I don't know, I thought they'd at least consider working things out."

"Can't forget about Shaun, now can we?"

"Do you think he's serious about her?" Steph nodded.

"He's crazy about her."

"Damn, already?"

"Yeah, they're moving quite quickly. He was talking about future goals the other day and that included her."

"Sheesh." Steph chuckled a bit, noticing how much of his vocabulary was rubbing off on Alyssa.

"He said he wanted to talk to me about something the other day, but I didn't have time to get to it."

"Uh oh."

"I'm sure it's nothing bad."

"Yeah well, we'll see."

"I mean, at least they're happy?" Steph said to add some positivity to the conversation.

"Yeah." Alyssa continued to silently eat the rest of her sandwich before looking back up at Steph. "Babe?"

"Mhm?"

"Do you still get shaken up from what happened?" He sighed.

"Of course I do. But I try not to think about it. I'm doing everything I can to keep you, Micah and Lay safe, alright?" She nodded. "Don't worry about it anymore, baby. I got you."

"Yeah, I guess it's just hard to accept that it even happened."

"I know, but we can't dwell on it forever. Just gotta move forward and take the necessary steps to prevent crazy shit from happening again." She softly smiled at him.

"That's why I love you."

"Why?"

"Cause. You're such a wise man."

"I'm a little bit more wiser in bed." 

"That's the cue to go." Alyssa chuckled as she wiped her mouth and picked up her things. The ride home was silent, with Stephen gripping her thigh as he drove them home.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"Home."

"What about the twins? Are we not picking them up from my mom's yet?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Cause we gotta go home and pack." She arched her eyebrow.

"Pack?"

"Mhm, did you not want to come with me on this mini-roadtrip?"

"Shut up, am I really going with you?" She playfully hit him, causing him to laugh.

"Why would I be joking?"

"I hate you." She pouted playfully.

"Pack some warm clothes, babe. We headin' to the cold."

"Aw, I'm excited." She chuckled. "Thank you." She planted a kiss on his cheek as he parked the car in the driveway.

"Nah, I want a real kiss." He puckered his lips. She gladly accepted, kissing him deeply on the lips before they both got out of the car. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

-

Sorry it was a somewhat short chapter, and a filler! Like I mentioned, I'm still tweaking a lot of things and organizing the rest of the chapters for this book. 

I love you guys!

  Stay tuned ;)