19: Going International

Alyssa hurriedly ran up the stairs after greeting Mama Sonya, Papa Dell, the twins & Boba. Steph would arrive home from practice any minute now & they would be straight to the airport for her flight to Bali. She had just come from a meeting with Makeup Geek, discussing her first palette that she was working on. She was too excited about the project that she had forgotten to let Stephen know it was already in the works. 

"Hey ma, hey pops!" Stephen said, walking into the house. He gave his parents a warm welcome before showering his baby girls with some love.

"How was practice?" Papa Dell asked, bouncing around with Micah in his arms.

"Cool, same old, same old. Where's Alyssa?"

"She's upstairs packing." Steph chuckled at his mom's response. 

"Packing right before she leaves, huh? Women."

"Excuse me?" His mom said, gaining laughs from both Dell & Steph. "Boy, if you don't get your behind up there and help your fiancé out." She yelled out as he dropped his duffle bag and ran up the stairs. He walked into the room, hearing her curse herself for packing the rest of her things last minute.

"God dammit, Alyssa! You never learn do you?" He hears her say as he walks closer to the closet. He leans against the doorway in entertainment, crossing his arms. He clears his throat, making Alyssa quickly turn her head. "When did you get here?"

"Maybe a couple of seconds ago. Real question is, how long have you been talking to yourself?"

"Quit." She throws a piece of her clothing at him before continuing to pack the rest of her belongings. 

"Why didn't you do this last night?"

"I got lazy."

"You had all day."

"Not really, I had a meeting remember?"

"Oh yeah, how was that?"

"My palette is in the works!" She said excitedly as she folded the rest of her clothes. Steph's eyes widened in awe. Being with the girl has definitely taught him the ins & outs of makeup and the beauty world, so she didn't have to say much.

"Wow, that's great baby! When is it coming out? Can I get some?" She laughed.

"Sure, if you really want some. But I'm not sure yet, we don't have a set date and everything. I just worked on the formation of the eyeshadow colors."

"That's exciting. Well yeah I'd want one, even if I'll have no use for it. It's just for keeps and to show off, you know? Show 'em the thangs my big booty beauty is up to." He winked, making her laugh as she stands up to fix her luggage.

"Damn, I'm really going to miss you." She swung his arms around his neck and puckered her lips. He looked down at her as he rubbed her sides with his hands, gently placing a kiss on her lips.

"I will too, baby girl. They couldn't send you anywhere in the States?" He pouted. Alyssa already accepted the fact that these next few days wouldn't be easy. Although it wasn't long, she still wouldn't be able to talk to her man. Or ask about the twins. Being international meant the calls/texts had to be kept at an all-time minimum or else those bills wouldn't be so nice. 

"Guess not." She chuckled.

"Come on, we gotta get you to the airport soon before I end up keeping you here so you don't go." She playfully hit him as she walked away to fix herself up one last time in the bathroom. He grabbed her luggage and made his way down the steps to put her things into the car. Alyssa soon followed behind him, taking the time to say her goodbyes to Sonya, Dell & the twins. Tears were forming in her eyes as she parted from the twins & Boba, making it even harder for her to go on this quick trip.