23: Mixed Signals

"I always knew that boy was trouble." Mama folded her arms in frustration with Sonya trying to calm her down.

"Well all that matters is that everyone is okay and that he's no longer any trouble."

"You know, I told her from the beginning to stay away from him and not get involved with him." Mama continued to go on about Christian while Steph continued to wait anxiously.

"It's going to be alright." Mama sighed as Sonya rubbed her back.

"You're right. Look, how about you and Dell go ahead and head to my house for the night with the twins until Stephen and Alyssa figure things out at the house. I have plenty of room."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, please. Be my guest. I have supplies the twins need as well, so it'll all work out." Mama says undoing her key from the keychain. "I will be home as soon as I see Alyssa, so make yourselves at home." The two continue to talk about the situation while Steph catches a glimpse of a doctor making his way into the waiting room. His eyes instantly met the doctor's, as he received a reassuring nod from the him.

"Mr. Curry?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Hi. I'm Dr. Louie." He put his hand out for a hand shake. "Ms. Rayala wanted me to come and get you."

"Is she okay?"

"She's perfectly fine. We tended to her wounds and everything. They'll be healed in a couple of weeks or so. She's just a bit shaken up from the incident." Steph sighed in relief as he put his hand against his chest.

"Thanks, Doc."

"No problem. Come follow me."

"One second." The doctor nods as Stephen quickly runs to Mama and his parents. He says his quick goodbyes to the twins, Sonya & Dell and tells Mama he'll be out with Alyssa soon before heading back to Trauma with the doctor. There were a couple of people being tended to, but through the chaos, his eyes immediately spotted his fiance. He rushes over and gently wraps his arms around her.

"Babe." She said sweetly, gripping onto him tightly. He pulled away and examined her cuts before smiling in satisfaction & planting a kiss on her temple.

"What is it baby? You doing okay?"

"Yeah, I just needed you."

"I'm right here."

"How are Micah and Lay?"

"Good. Well, asleep for the most part. But, good. They're heading to your mom's for the night."

"Oh okay, good." Stephen softly smiled to reassure her before taking a quick look around the room.

"Where's Klay?"

"They took him into a room."

"Is it that serious?" His expression filled with worry.

"I don't think so. I'm sure they're just keeping a close eye on him."

"Let me ask." Stephen approached Dr. Louie once more. "Hey, doc."

"Yes, Mr. Curry. How can I help you?"

"Have you heard any updates on Mr. Klay Thompson?"

"Ah yes, Mr. Thompson. I am aware you two are great friends. He was looking for you as well. He's been taken to a room. We have successfully stitched up his wounds but we want to keep him overnight so we could help him with his sling and how to handle the wound."

"Can I see him?"

"We'll come and get you in the waiting room when he's ready." Stephen simply nodded as he returned to Alyssa.