31: Priorities

Following a tough, yet successful overtime win against OKC last night, the Warriors started their day with early morning practice. Today, Steph found his schedule a bit tight. First, it was practice, then he had a quick interview to partake in, & last, he had to meet his fiancé for more wedding planning. He knew he'd be able to pull through with everything going on, but he was afraid of disappointing Alyssa.

The one thing he hated the most was the fact that things were picking up for him around the same time they began their wedding planning.

He wanted this wedding more than anything. Or, he wanted her to be his wife more than anything.

During his break, he sat on a chair, catching his breath after an intense shootout against Luke Walton himself. As soon as he sat, Shaun excused himself, only allowing Steph to see Klay and Sheri engaging on the side of the left court.

"What?" He said to himself, not knowing he had said it out loud.

"Yeah man, she was at the house the other day." Draymond said, sitting next to Steph and sipping his water. "Crazy shit, aint it?"

"So I'm guessing she didn't end up eloping with Shaun." Steph quickly glanced over at Shaun, who was shooting with Andre at the farthest right court of the facility. He didn't look too happy, and quite frankly, he looked like he wanted to beat Klay's ass.

If he wasn't already beating Klay's ass in his head.

"Oh no, they done ran away together. She said no at the altar and ran off."

"How the hell do you know this?"

"He was talking about it earlier, man. Or, venting." Draymond curved his fingers into quotation marks, causing Steph to chuckle a bit.

"Damn. Poor guy."

"He's hurt. Real hurt."

"Everything seems all good on that side of the court though." Steph joked as they both eyed Klay and Sheri sharing kisses.

"Ew." Draymond scrunched his face as he pulled out his phone to zoom in and snapchat the two. "Ewwwwww."

"I guess I'll just wait for Klay to explain everything."

"Sheri and Alyssa still not getting along?"

"I guess not. She hasn't said anything."

"Heard Sheri talking about how she wants to apologize but she's scared." Stephen shrugged as he watched Sheri walk out of the facility.

"Girls."

"Where are your girls at, by the way?"

"Home, I think? I know Alyssa's gonna spend time with her mom before we meet with the wedding planner again."

"How's that been going?"

"Good. But there's just been way too many things going on for me that I've been late to our meetings."

"You could easily fix that, Steph. If I were Alyssa, I'd whoop your ass." Dray chuckled.

"I mean, I wish I could just dip out of these things early enough but I can't. These people get me caught up."

"Yeah, whatever." Dray turned to his side, only to coincidentally catch Alyssa walking down the hallway with the twins. "Aye! Alyssa & Company!" He stood up to greet Alyssa and the girls. Seeing his girls, Steph had the biggest smile on his face. He loved them more than anything, and they kept him sane during his chaotic schedule. Besides his own family, of course.

"Hey baby, what're you doing here?" He pressed his lips against Alyssa's for a deep
kiss.

"Just thought I'd stop by before I head to my mom's. Plus, the girls thought it'd be a good idea to see you. Wasn't it, Lay?" She bounced Lay as she held her against her hip while Micah slept quietly in the stroller.