Trouble

By Valerie3xx

I tried to run, but trouble awaited me on every corner. © 2013 by Valerie3xx. All Rights Reserved. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
I'm sorry.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Author's Note
An unexpected hello.

Chapter 5

2.8K 41 5
By Valerie3xx

Hello, a massive apology for taking so long on updating this chapter but something happened to my computer and it just wouldn't connect to internet but it's all figuret now so I'm updating. I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

I opened my eyes when I couldn’t stand the cold no more. I sat up noticing that my duvets were all over the floor. I crawled to the side of the bed tugging the duvets back on the bed, warming myself.

It was 5:37 am. It was really early but I just couldn’t go back to sleep so I decided to go for a run. I used to run once in a while back in Portugal so it was time to bring my habits back.

I put on a pair of grey sweatpants and a white baggy t-shirt. I walked into the bathroom before brushing my teeth, washing my face and doing all my needs. My hair was up in a messy ponytail as I slipped into my running shoes.

I pressed ‘play’ on my iPod and started running towards the park that wasn’t that far away from my house.
I kept moving my legs letting myself get lost in the music. 

I never really understood people who don’t like running; I mean it’s just a great way of distracting yourself, or giving yourself time to think. While you’re running nothing else matters, just you and your own thoughts.

After about 40 minutes I ran back to my house. My family was still asleep so I decided to take a shower.

I stepped into the shower, hot water relaxing my muscles. I washed my body and my hair before stepping out.

After drying myself with a towel I put on my underwear and a bra and started carefully brushing my hair. I was always a torture since I had a long hair and it used to get a lot of knots even thought it was straight.
I finally had my hair dried when I walked to my closet to pick an outfit.
Since the weather wasn’t cold but it wasn’t exactly hot either I decided to go for a black skater skirt, a plain white shirt and a long sleeved light brown cardigan. After putting on some jewelry I put on my brown oxfords and started doing my make-up; it didn’t took too long before I went downstairs to have my breakfast. Gladly, everybody was already awake; I hated to wake up while everyone else was still asleep, it somehow made me feel lonely.

“Morning”

I sat down just as my mom placed a plate full of pancakes in front of me.

“Morning darling” I heard my dad say from the living room.

“Um, I wanted to ask you something,” I said walking up to my dad, for some reason whenever I wanted to ask for permission to do something I felt like I was 6 years old. “There’s a party tonight and my friends invited me, is that ok if I go?”

“It’s fine by me” My dad said still looking at the TV, “but you better ask your mum.” He added and I sighed.

I knew it would be like this. Every time I ask him permission for something he tells me to ask my mom.

“Mom” I called.

“Yes?”

“There’s a party tonight and the girls invited me, so…well, can I go?”

“Yes.” She said and continued doing her stuff in the kitchen.

I expected more than that, some question at least; but I’m glad it was easy.

As we drove to school, a song that I love went on the radio.

“Oh I feel overjoyed,
when you listen to my words.”
I sang along, as my dad and Alex became quiet.

“I see them sinking in,
oh I see them crawling underneath your skin”
I continued, enjoying the song. I closed my eyes and carried singing.

“Words are all we have,
we’ll be talking, we’ll be talking.
These words are all we have
we’ll be talking.”

By the end of the song I turned to see my dad smiling at me.

“You’re so good honey.” He said.

A wave of happiness washed trough me. I loved singing and whenever someone complemented me it would always mean a lot to me.

“Thanks dad.”

We reached school and I kissed my dad and my brother’s cheek and stepped out of the car.

There were a lot of people outside the school, as usual, but a group of boys caught my attention; there was like 10 of them. I saw a tall boy approaching them. Harry. He shook hands with some of them.

I turned away from them, looking in front of me; as soon as I did I heard someone shout.

“Uuuuh, look at her, she’s wearing a skirt” followed by whistles.

It wasn’t hard to understand where the shouts and whistles came from.

“Looks like she wanna have some fun”

“Showing off her chicken legs, attention whore.”

The last one made me flinch, literally.

What the hell? Who do they think they are?
As much frustrated as I was I couldn’t help but feel bad. In that moment I just wanted to disappear. Why do people have the need to point out each other’s flaws,
But what most bothered me was Harry; yesterday he was all nice and today he was making fun of me along with his friends. Maybe I just thought that he was nice.

I reached the door and walked inside of the school.

“Melissa” I heard someone shout, it was obviously him.

I just kept walking through the busy hallway until I finally spotted my friends by the end of the corridor.

“Melissa” He shouted again.

I kept ignoring him until I felt a hand grip my wrist. I turned around and looked up in his green orbs.

“Let me go,” I, to my own surprise, calmly said.
He has a worried look on his face. This boy was seriously confusing me.

“Let go” I said even quieter.

I looked away and felt his grip loosen, letting my wrist slip his hand. I turned around and walked straight to my friends.

“Hey guys”

“Hey, what was that about?” Liam said almost shocked.

My gaze fell on Eleanor looking for some help.

“We’re going to be late” Eleanor said and everyone walked in different directions, to their classes.

As we walked to our class Eleanor gave me an you’ll-have-to-explain-yourself look and I just looked down.

“So?” She whispered as we sat in our English class.

“What?” I asked innocently, trying to avoid the ‘Harry topic’.

“What was that in the hallway?” She whispered/yelled, getting inpatient.

I gave in and explained everything to her.
“Well, outside, Harry’s friends started shouting things at me. Saying that I had chicken legs and that I was an attention whore just because I’m wearing a skirt.” I looked down.

“What? You look fabulous!” She said a little too loud.

I giggled at her comment.

“And what did he say?” She asked, sounding a bit more serious.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing?”

“No, I told him to let me go and he did” I explained.

“Miss Mota, would you like to answer the question?” The teacher asked making me turn my attention to him.

What question? Well, fuck.

I closed my locker, heading to the cafeteria where the rest of the group was waiting for me.

I felt someone eyes on me, that frustrating feeling of someone watching you. I looked around trying to find who was staring at me; of course it had to be the curly-haired.

He was standing pretty far from me, watching me intently. Some girls were talking to him and he just stood there looking at me. I ignored his annoying stares and entered the cafeteria.

“I don’t know” Perrie said when I reached the table.

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked placing my food in front of me.

“We were talking about what we’re going to wear to the party” Dani said, “speaking of the party, you’re coming?”

“Yes” I smiled.

“Awesome” Emily cheered.

She seemed really excited about the party.

“So how was your date?” Eleanor asked. She was the person to go straight to the point.

“It went great” she blushed “he’s coming to the party”

“We get to meet him?” Perrie asked.

“I guess”

We walked out of the school since the last class for the week had just finished. We stood near the school discussing that night’s party and just talking waiting for my mom to come and pick me up.

The group, like I like to call us since there are quite a lot of people, became silent, their eyes looking at something behind me. I slowly turned around and saw Harry walking towards us.

I turned back to the group; I was panicking on the inside but tried not to show it. What was he doing? What did he want from me?

“It’s time for us to leave, shall we?” Eleanor spoke.

“Yes” Zayn agreed with her.

“We’ll pick up by 8” Louis said happily and they all walked away.

I didn’t even dare to turn around as I heard footsteps approaching. A pair of hand gently grabbed my waist turning me around. I nearly screamed at his unexpected actions, and sighed when his hands left my waist. My eyes stayed locked with my shoes.

“Look, those jerks…” He tried to continue but I cut him off.

“I don’t have time for that Harry” I finally raised my head.

“but…” He tried again.

“No, Harry. Just leave me alone.” I spoke turning around to walk away.

“Will you listen to me?” His voice rose considerably. He could be really frightening sometimes even without even doing much.

“Why are you yelling at me? You were the one making fun of me with your friends, so I should be the one yelling.” My voice rose slightly but not as much as his.

“They are not my friends, why would you eve—“

“Save it.” I spoke interrupting him, again.

His hand went to grad my wrist but I moved it away walking towards my mom’s car that had just reached school’s parking lot. He followed my tracks until I turned and mouthed “Don’t” to him.

Luckily my mum didn’t seem to notice our argument. I entered the car, my hands slightly shaking with all the emotions. I peeked out of the window to see Harry slamming his fist against the nearest wall, who knows if my mom hadn’t arrived I could be in the walls place.

“Hi love” My mom smiled warmly.

“Hi mom” I kissed her cheek.

“Who was that lovely boy you were talking to?” She glanced back at Harry who was now walking away, his back facing us.

“Uh, he…he’s from my history class” I answered.

“You’re friends? What’s his name?” She kept asking, her eyes on the road.

“Yeah, friends” I said sarcastically but my mom didn’t notice. “Harry, the name’s Harry.” 

So here it is, I just wanted to say that the next chapter will be like the continuation of this one.
Follow, vote, comment. Your comments are super important to me guys.
Love you, Vals .x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 294 41
Sometimes people deserve second chances. © 2014 By PayneBear (EVERYTHING WRITTEN IS MY IDEAS)
378K 8.6K 55
Hey, I'm Gianna Miller. My aunt is Lou Teasedale-mildly famous stylist for One Direction. She's the one who takes me in when my parents kick me out o...