The Invisible Best Friends

By Blackrose2027

Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally re... More

The Invisible Best Friends
Chapter 1 : Gradient High
Chapter 2 : Best Friend Introduction
Chapter 3: One Step Ahead Of You
Chapter 4 : A New Friend
Chapter 5 : Beggining Of A War
Chapter 6 : Just Not My Day
Chapter 7 : Something's Wrong
Chapter 8 : Revelation
Chapter 9: Spinning Around
Chapter 10 : Oops?
Chapter 11 : Chasing Around
Chapter 12 : The World Of The Citrus
Chapter 13 : Breaking A Layer
Chapter 14 : Persuasion in Vain
Chapter 15: The Day It Rains Hamburgers
Chapter 16: Might As Well Get Hit By A Frying Pan
Chapter 17: Confusing Confusion
Aaron's POV
Question/Answers
Chapter 18 : I Am Really Bad At Farting Comebacks
Chapter 19: So That's How I Got Into The Competition
Chapter 20: Shut Up, Banana Girl!
Chapter 21: Maybe It Was Over For Me
Chapter 22: Nothing At All
Chapter 23: Back On Track
Chapter 24: Oxygen Hydrogen Carbon Radium Phosphorous
A/N
Chapter 25: It was Showtime
Aaron's POV (Part One)
Aaron's POV (Part two)
Chapter 26: Memories
Thank You <3
Chapter 27: Lets Turn Ali Into A Tomato Day
Chapter 28: Sugar Rush
Character Competition *CLOSED*
Results for the Character Competition
Chapter 29: Bring It On, Montez
Chapter 30: Mission: Tomato Love
Chapter 31: Pooping the Way
Chapter 32: Fluster Day
Question us!
Chapter 33: Meeting New People
Chapter 34: Cuddle Session
Chapter 35: Surprises All The Way
Chapter 36: Dating Vibes
Alyssa in the House
Candy's POV
Chapter 37: Shock Like A Thunderbolt
Chapter 39: Dreams
Epilogue
Your chance to interview Aaron and Alyssa
My Rant: Why the epilogue hasnt been uploaded.
SEQUEL OR NO SEQUEL
British Banana (One Shots)
Sneak Peek into the NEW BOOK
⭐️EXCITING NEWS FOR TIBF⭐️

Chapter 38: Fight Song

129K 5.9K 1.7K
By Blackrose2027

Thanks to t-e-r-e-s-a for the amazing cover <3

(Please make sure you've read Chapter 37 before)

Note- please read the A/N at the end since it's probably going to be the last one on this story 😪 and it has an important question.

When we first talked to each other
I knew we would always be friends.
Our friendship has kept on growing
And I'll be here for you till the end.

Chapter 38: Fight Song

My jaw couldn't go further down since it was already grazing the floor.

The witch on the roll say what?!

My gaze steadied itself on Shelly, who was standing there with a proud smirk with her hands on her hips. She had Jared hold Sam from attacking her as she oh so elegantly advanced towards me.

"Excuse me, Miss Montez, but what do you mean by that?" A judge on the panel picked up his mic and asked.

"Well, sir, Alyssa here has a chip in her mic that alters the actual voice of her, making it sound melodious," she explained and snatched the mic from my hand.

"T-That's not true," I stuttered out but Shelley smirked at me.

"Oh is that so? Then why don't you explain this?" She said before breaking the mic and picking out a blue coloured chip out.

My expression grew incredulous as I looked at her in disbelief.

How could this happen? But the mic was normal until-

That's when realisation dawned upon me. The bitch had Jared put the chip in my mic while he was fixing it.

She had it all planned.

It took me a few seconds to sink in the fact that she's crazy. Crazier than I thought she was. She was ready to ruin my future just so that she could show me down.

Before I could react, loud 'booing' erupted from the audience.

"Loser!"

"You're so desperate!"

"She's such a wannabe!"

Statements like these reached my ears and it was as if suddenly the dark corners that I'd managed to suppress came crawling out.

No. I couldn't let it happen.

I couldn't.

But I don't know why, I couldn't move. It was as if time had paralysed me. My limbs went numb just like my brain that was trying not to relive the memories I so badly wanted to forget.

I raised my head and noticed the judges giving me disapproving looks. One of them raised the mic to his lips and uttered the words that were eventually going to come out, sooner or later.

"Miss Bent, you stand disqualified from the competition for using unfair means in order to win. This will be marked black in your senior year report too," he said, looking at me in disgust.

So basically, he said that he was ruining my chance to go to any good college.

Just. Like. That.

Suddenly, an unknown feeling washed over me and I looked up, to see people booing at me, giving me looks of disgust and bitching about how desperate and wannabe I was.

A strange calmness drowned me and I eyed every person going on about everything negative about me while last time, they were the ones who had their jaws dropped at my voice.

I looked at Shelley who stood there smugly, as if she had won the world.

A bitter chuckle escaped my mouth. That was followed by more chuckles and giggles. This happened until it led to uncontrollable laughter.

I don't know why I was laughing but it felt good. Gosh. I hadn't laughed like that in a while.

I could feel everyone ceasing their chatters to look at me as if I'd gone bonkers, which even I thought I had.

Once I managed to stop, I wiped the tears from my face and slowly managed to walk towards Shelley who was looking at me with the same expression but a faltered version of it.

"Can I have the mic?" I asked and she looked at me dumbfounded.

"W-What?"

"The mic," I said pointing towards the mic in her hand which had been 'infested' with the chip.

Sudden silence fell everywhere as everyone stopped talking to watch me. I don't know what was happening either. It was as if I was in an altered universe.

I wasn't like this. I would have been balling my eyes out at the humiliation I was suffering but the reality of these people sitting here didn't let me ball.

When Shelley hesitated, I rudely snatched it from her hand and somewhat put it back into its place before bringing it to my lips to speak.

"Well, that was quite a show."

No one uttered even a single word except for Shelley.

"Obviously bitch. You got shown your rightful place," she sneered.

I laughed.

Not answering her, I looked at the audience and the judges panel.

"Oh God and I thought that people were supposed to be smart and practical. But guess it is my fault for assuming that you would put your judgements behind for even a second," I looked at each and everyone with a bitter expression.

Then, I turned to Shelley. "You say that I put the chip in the mic? Here take it," I said and tossed it back with admittedly more force than required.

Now I was without any mic or any instrument that could amplify or alter my voice.

A bit of anger was coming up that was fuelled by my pent up frustrations and fear.

They needed to get their heads straight. If they thought that they could ruin my future so damn easily, they were wrong.

So. Damn. Wrong.

"Get off the stage, Loser!" A voice came from the audience.

"Not so fast, mutt head," I bit back even though I couldn't possibly see who said that.

"Now since I'm without a mic, do you want to check my vocal cords for any micro chip or may I proceed?" I mocked the judges and everyone in the auditorium.

When I got no response, I gave them a sarcastic smile. "Well, since you all pathetically fickle minded people oh-so graciously decided that I wasn't worth competing, it won't matter if I challenge Shelley, to have a small face-off with me, right?"

Everyone exchanged glanced and I could see that they were agreeing. They were actually curious to see what was going to happen.

That, or they just wanted some drama.

"You'll lose, tramp," Shelley snickered.

I turned to her with a smirk. I don't know where I was getting all this confidence from but whatever it was, I was going to make use of it while it lasted.

The nice part of me was on a numb vacation and Shelley had messed with the wrong thing here.

She challenged my life, my singing and she was not going to win so easily.

"I wasn't finished, Shelley. I challenge you for a face-off without the use of any sort of voice amplifier, that is without using your mic," I finished and her smug look dropped.

She quickly recomposed her expression before giving me a bored look. "How will they hear us then?"

I feigned an innocent look. "Why, aren't you a singer? I think singing with a bit more force won't be a problem. Plus I think all of them won't have a problem re-adjusting their positions to hear us sing. "

It was as if my words had an automatic effect and the silent atmosphere was filed with the sound of scraping chairs and shuffling around.

Everyone, including the dumbstruck judges scooted towards the stage and I have a smug look to Shelley.

"Okay, now?"

Everyone had their eyes in Shelley who quickly realised that and agreed to it.

"Fine. You go first," she said confidently but I could see that she was anything but confident.

She was a person who had not come out of the world of chick flicks. Just by sabotaging my mic, my voice wasn't going to go away.

According to Shelley, if she turned everyone against me, I would be destroyed. But she didn't know that I didn't need everyone.

The people I needed were right there by me. The only people who mattered were there so why would I even care about others?

I couldn't let my life be governed by their opinion to an extent that I stopped thinking about those who mattered.

I looked back at Sam, who was looking at me with a proud expression and I beamed at her.

"Good Luck," she mouthed and I smiled and nodded in response.

She pointed at the end of the stage and I spotted my guitar. An involuntary grin replaced my earlier expression as I quickly strode across the stage and grabbed it.

Returning back, I positioned the guitar and strummed it.

A pure rush of bliss and exhilaration rushed through me, making me smile.

This is who I am. This is what I'm made for.

I took in a deep, relaxing breath and let my hands strum the cords if my guitar. The simple strum drowned me with a feeling of serenity and I began.

(Play the song)

"Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me."

I strummed and sung my heart out. There was a big smile on my face and I looked at Shelley, challenging her with the lyrics coming out of my mouth as k continued.

"Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep
Everybody's worried about me
In too deep
Say I'm in too deep (in too deep)
And it's been two years
I miss my home
But there's a fire burning in my bones
Still believe
Yeah, I still believe

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

A lot of fight left in me

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

This is my fight song (Hey!)
Take back my life song (Hey!)
Prove I'm alright song (Hey!)
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong (I'll be strong)
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

No I've still got a lot of fight left in me," I sang the last verse and finished with a gentle strum of my guitar.

Midway through my song, I had closed my eyes, getting lost in the melody. The song was actually one of my favourites.

I don't know how but that's the first song that can to my mind when I strummed and I sang it.

I opened my eyes, and sure enough there were people who looked flabbergasted.

I scoffed at them.

I didn't want their appreciation now. They'd lost their respect in front of my eyes.

"Now you may proceed, Shelley," I turned towards her.

"B-But I don't have any music."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll do the honours. Just tell me which song."

"Uh- Party in the USA ," she muttered.

I nodded and started to play my guitar. I kept strumming for one minute but she didn't even begin.

I stopped and faced her. "Why the hell aren't you singing?"

"You didn't tell me when to start," she said and I gave her a dumb look.

"Don't you know the beats of the song? You just sang it!" I exclaimed, exasperated.  "You know what? Just sing without music."

"Fine." She said and cleared her throat.

I put aside my guitar and turned to her.

"I hoped off the plane at LAX,
With a dream in my cardigan...," she began and I scrunched up my face.

It wasn't pathetic, but it wasn't excellent either. She could barely hold the tune to the song and I guess everyone else was thinking the same, judging by their expressions.

She noticed everyone giving her the same look as me so she stopped. Clearing her throat, she spoke-

"I-uh my throat has gone sore so it might look like the song isn't that good but I assure you all that in the next round, I'll be back to my original jazz," she tried to justify but by the unimpressed looks of the judges and the audience, they seemed to be reconsidering.

"Okay, Ms Montez, we give you one other chance but if your singing is not back to the same tempo as before, we will have to disqualify you," the judge spoke.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Shelley who wore a smug smile.

I knew that she was the one who had used auto tuning device in her mic because there was no way in hell that her throat was sore because just minutes back, she was yelling at me.

These people were so stupid.

I simply got up and dusted my pants. Picking up my guitar, I started my way towards the exit when one of the judges stopped me.

I turned back to face them and saw that everyone was looking at me.

"Miss Bent, we apologise for the misunderstanding between us. You are qualified for the next round," the bald judge spoke, making me snort in response.

"What makes you think I'm participating?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

They were so wrong if they thought that after humiliating me, I'd come running back once they allowed me in.

"This competition is more about pushing others down than pulling yourself up. There's no value of talent here and I am the last person who'd be here after what I witnessed. Good day and good luck," I greeted with a salute and left their disbelieving expressions and hanging jaws and exited the Audi with Sam in tow.

I felt a strange sense of relief in me that calmed my anger down. I felt freer than I'd ever felt and I liked this feeling a lot.

Maybe I'd just ruined a good opportunity. Maybe I'd challenged my fear in the wrong situation. Maybe attention, later on would again make me feel weak.

But I knew one thing. Even if these maybe's were the forced pulling me down, I had three stronger forces pulling me up.

They were my best friends.

Just because Candy and I were in a relationship, that didn't mean that our friendship was over. We were still best friends who had each other's backs, no matter what.

Just by putting the label on a relationship, the previous bond doesn't break. In fact it only makes us stronger as two partners who are ready to face the world together.

And that's what will make us going.

THE END (Jk)

Hey Cookies!
Oh God! I can't believe I finished a book. My first one ever. One more chapter and the Epilogue, then it will officially be over.

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Can I just take a moment to wipe my tears. *blows a tissue*

Yeah, I'm good.

Thank you one and all for all your support throughout this beautiful journey. I know I had a lot of drama which I bothered you all with, I'm sorry for that.

Thank you for being utterly amazing and wonderful. You all are my world.

And remember, you can PM me whenever you want. I always reply except for the time when people just send reading requests. I don't mean to be rude but I have already told you guys that I barely have time to read.

Anyways, go check out my other two books. They are better (language wise). I hope you'll enjoy them :)

Now the question: what would you prefer in an Epilogue. (Inline comment only)

- Graduation

-College

- 5 years later (wedding)

- 10 years later (with a child)
{If this one wins, I will choose any one of you at random for the child's name to be named on you}

So, finally, it's time to bid you all goodbye until the Epilogue.

Adios. Au revoir. Alvida. Ciao.
Take care, Stay healthy and keep your head high, always.

Love you all TOO much <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 284 45
Most books are from the point of view of the good, nerdy girl and the queen b is paints in a very bad light. This story is from the perspective of th...
1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...
267K 9.8K 18
My dad kept on telling me that being a nerd isn't a bad thing and that I'm on the right track but I'm positive that being terrorized in the halls dai...
3K 412 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...