Together (Sequel to Slipping...

By Sammyotterr

This is the sequel to Slipping Away (A Larry Stylinson Fan Fiction). Louis and Harry are finally on the yearl... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
BONUS CHRISTMAS CHAPTER
BONUS CHRISTMAS CHAPTER PART TWO
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Forty-Two

144 8 2
By Sammyotterr

The rest of the shopping trip passed without incident but Adaley's comment weighed heavily on Louis' mind and Harry could tell something was up with Louis. After they had put the groceries away Harry turned to Adaley with a warm smile.

"Hey princess. Why don't you go up to your room and read for a while? Papa and I need to talk." Harry suggested and Adaley nodded, skipping out of the kitchen. Louis gave Harry a funny look.

"What do we need to talk about?" he asked and Harry gave him a look.

"Louis. I've known you for six years and I've dated you almost the same amount of time. I know when something's wrong with you so spill it." Harry said and Louis sighed heavily. Normally he'd try to brush Harry off but he knew that it wouldn't work this time.

"When we were at the store Ada told me that she wants to take our last name when we get married." Louis said softly and Harry's jaw dropped.

"She really said that?" He asked in a squeaky voice and Louis nodded.

"She said that she doesn't want to be a Cane anymore. She wants to be a Styles-Tomlinson." Louis said quietly and Harry roughly ran his hand through his hair.

"We need to discuss this with Terrance because it's his blood niece." Harry said and Louis instantly felt bad because he could tell that the information he'd just shared with his fiancé was stressing him out. Louis gently laid his hand over Harry's and squeezed it.

"Harry. Breathe. We have a while until we get married so we will see how she feels about taking our last name after we get married. It's not something we need to discuss today." Louis said gently and Harry nodded, breathing deeply. He stood up and made his way back to the stove. Louis watched Harry as he moved around the kitchen expertly and he admired the way Harry seemed at home as he cooked. "Why don't we just have a family night tonight? We can play games, watch movies, and eat whatever the hell we want." He suggested. Harry thought for a moment before he nodded and that's what they did. They spent the rest of their day enjoying each other's company. Adaley played soccer with Louis in their backyard while Harry and Elsa cuddled on the front porch while Harry read his favourite author's newest book. After the sun had set they spent the rest of the night watching Disney movies as they cuddled on the couch with a bowl of popcorn on Adaley's lap.

The next morning Harry arose early so he could begin to prepare the food that was going to be available at their house warming party later that day. Harry was bustling through the kitchen singing happily when Louis walked in, tiredly rubbing his eyes.

"I honestly don't know how you're so chipper in the morning." Louis grumbled, giving Harry a thank you peck when Harry handed him his morning tea. Harry chuckled softly at the way Louis was nodding off on the stool across the counter from him.

"I didn't always used to be a morning person. I hated getting up in the morning." Harry said as he whisked away at whatever was in the silver bowl in his hands.

"What changed?" Louis asked around a yawn and Harry smiled fondly at his sleepy fiancé.

"I have a reason to wake up happy now." Harry said and Louis smiled slightly.

"And what's that reason?" Louis asked absentmindedly and Harry chuckled softly.

"You and Adaley. I know that my real life is finally better than my dreams." Harry told his fiancé and Louis' heart swelled with love when he heard Harry's words. He couldn't believe how lucky he got with his sap of a fiancé. Louis stood up and walked around the island, wrapping Harry in a tight hug.

"You're such a sap." Louis said fondly and Harry chuckled, wrapping his arms around Louis' shoulders and kissing the top of his head.

"But I'm your sap." Harry reminded him and Louis nodded, looking up into Harry's eyes.

"Forever mine." Louis whispered and Harry leaned down, gently pressing his lips to Louis'. He loved how Louis' lips tasted like his favourite tea and mint. The taste on his lips drove Harry's senses crazy and he had to restrain himself from making the kiss lead to more. Harry pulled away and smiled down at Louis who was breathless.

"My mum is coming over around nine to help me cook." Harry told his fiancé and Louis nodded, slumping against the counter when Harry let him go. Louis took a few minutes to regain his breathing before he spoke up.

"What do you want Ada and I to do then since you and Anne will be cooking?" Louis asked and Harry thought for a moment before he answered Louis' question.

"You two could clean the house and then set everything up." Harry suggested and Louis nodded before he made his way up the stairs to wake Adaley up. Harry smiled and went back to cooking the food, humming to himself. Around eight forty-five there was a knock on their front door and Harry started for it when a yell stopped him in his tracks.

"I GOT IT DADDY!" Adaley yelled and Harry chuckled as he heard her footsteps running down the stairs. Moments later he hear her squeal and his mother's laughter soon followed. Adaley appeared in the kitchen and she was dragging Anne behind her. "Look Daddy! Nonna's here!" she said excitedly and Anne laughed. Adaley dropped her grandmother's hand so Anne could hug Harry. The two of them hugged for a while before pulling away.

"It's good to see you, Mum. I've missed you so much." Harry said happily and Anne smiled lovingly as she gently kissed her son's cheek.

"I've missed you too. You've changed since I last saw you." Anne noted and Harry shook his head.

"No I haven't. What do you mean?" Harry asked in confusion and Anne nodded.

"Yes you have. You have this new found glow about you." Anne mentioned and Harry chuckled softly as he shrugged.

"I think it's the fact that we're finally away from the big city and we can be ourselves here without fear of harassment from the paparazzi or involvement from fans." Harry explained and Anne nodded. Someone cleared their throat and the two of them looked back to see Louis standing there with a sheepish smile on his face.

"Hi Anne." Louis said softly and Anne scoffed, rolling her eyes at him.

"You're marrying my son. Stop calling me by my first name, Louis. Call me Mum." Anne said sternly and Louis' eyes widened before he nodded. "Now, do you want to try that greeting again?" she asked and Louis nodded.

"Hi Mum?" Louis said hesitantly but it came off as more of a question. Anne nodded and smiled at him.

"Much better. Now Harry. What are we making?" Anne asked as she grabbed her signature apron from her bag. Harry chuckled when he saw the front which said 'Mumma Anne to the rescue'. Harry explained what the menu was as Louis left the kitchen to help Adaley clean and decorate. Harry and Anne cooked for four solid hours before they heard another knock on the door. This time Louis was the one to answer it and he was bombarded by his twin sisters who were hugging him tightly. He hugged them back and then he hugged the rest of his siblings individually. Finally he saw his mother's smiling face and he hugged her so tightly that she had to remind him that she needed to be able to breathe. He pulled away and looked behind her to see Dan walking up with Ernest and Doris toddling beside him slowly as they clutched tightly to his fingers. A little while later everyone else started to show up and by four everyone had arrived and their party was in full swing. Daisy, Fizzy, Phoebe, Emery, Ernest, Doris, and Adaley were all playing outside under Lottie's supervision while Elsa watched everyone like a hawk and everyone else was seated in the living room. Emma was sitting on the couch while Niall sat between her legs on the floor and every so often his head would drop back as Emma ran her fingers through Niall's hair. Breana was curled up on Josh's lap as he gently ran his fingers up and down her spine. Liam and Alice awkwardly sat next to each other on the loveseat but they were ever so slowly moving closer to each other. Luke, Calum, and Ashton were all in a deep discussion about who won their game of I Spy that they had played on the way to Louis and Harry's house. Jay and Anne were in a deeply involved conversation with Louis about colors for their wedding while Dan and Robin talked about the newest soccer game they had just watched. Ali was seated in the wooden rocking chair with Zayn sitting next to her as he watched her like a hawk. The only ones missing from the group were Tayler and Michael who were in a deep conversation in the kitchen which made Harry look at Luke in confusion.

"What's up with them?" Harry asked and Luke shrugged slightly.

"Michael's been out of it whenever we're gone on tour. I thought it was just because he missed Tayler but I think something else is up." Luke said softly and Harry nodded slowly, making a mental note to talk to Michael about it later. He turned to look at Ali with a huge smile.

"So how's baby Malik doing?" Harry asked with a glint in his eyes and Ali laughed softly, rubbing her protruding stomach.

"He's doing great. He's kicking." Ali said with a fond smile and Harry's eyes lit up. "Do you want to feel?" she asked and Harry nodded furiously, climbing off the couch and crawling to her. She grabbed his large hand gently and laid it over her stomach. Everyone sat in silence as they watched Harry's face. His eyebrows furrowed in concentration before shooting up and a huge smile grew on his face.

"He kicked! Oh my god! He kicked!" Harry said excitedly and Ali nodded, gently rubbing her stomach.

"It's adorable until he uses my kidneys for soccer practice." Ali joked and winced slightly which made Zayn look at her in worry. She waved him off and sat up a little straighter. "Don't worry Z. He's just kicking a little too hard again." She told him and Zayn nodded, slightly relaxing back in his chair. Everyone made minor small talk and eventually Tayler and Michael joined everyone once again. After a little while the children came running in and Emery jumped onto Michael's lap. Adaley ran to Harry with Elsa close behind her. The little girl climbed over Harry and settled herself between them while Elsa laid down at Harry and Louis' feet. Lottie walked in with Doris on her hip while Fizzy walked in with Ernest on her hip as well. Doris saw her big brother and made grabby hands at him. Lottie smiled softly before handing the little girl off to Louis and Doris curled into Louis' side, happily sucking on her thumb. Fizzy handed Ernest off to Dan and the little boy looked around the room before spotting Harry. Ernest clumsily climbed off the couch and toddled towards Harry, making grabby hands at him when he reached the couch. Harry lifted the chubby child up and sat the happy baby on his lap, bouncing him on his knee gently. Tayler looked at Michael intensely and they had some sort of secret communication before nodding at each other.

"We have an announcement." Tayler said softly and everyone halted their conversations to look at her.

"What is it?" Ali asked as she sat up a little straighter and Tayler nervously smiled at everyone around her.

"As you all know Michael's taken over the role of Emery's father." Tayler started off and everyone nodded, looking over at Michael who was smiling sheepishly at everyone. "We, as a couple, made a decision and we wanted to share it with all of you after we told Michael's parents." She said softly and Harry cocked an eyebrow.

"What? Are you guys getting married?" Harry joked and Tayler laughed softly, shaking her head.

"No, Harry. Not yet at least. One day I'll propose to this beautiful girl but that's a ways off." Michael said and Tayler's cheeks turned a soft pink.

"Anyway. As I was saying." Tayler said, teasingly glaring at Harry for interrupting her. "I had no one for Emery's guardian if something happened to me so I had a talk with Michael and we came to a mutual agreement..." she trailed off, looking at Michael to finish for her.

"I have officially adopted Emery as my daughter. She still has Tayler's last name but she's my daughter as well." Michael said happily and everyone congratulated him. Harry smiled before leaning over to whisper in Louis' ear.

"Should we tell everyone?" Harry asked quietly and Louis thought for a moment before nodding.

"Now is probably the best time." Louis responded.

"Best time for what?" Jay asked and Louis' head snapped to look at her. He didn't realize that he'd spoken in full volume instead of a whisper. Everyone looked expectantly at the couple.

"Well?" Anne pushed and Louis nervously looked at Harry.

"When Adaley was staying with Ali while we were moving Louis and I met with Terrance and a lawyer." Harry said. "I adopted Adaley before Katie died and we realized that Louis wasn't listed on the paperwork because of the state of our relationship at the time."

"So when we met with the lawyer and Terrance we signed the paperwork and I am officially Adaley's papa." Louis said and Adaley looked up at Louis in confusion.

"What do you mean that you're officially my papa?" The little girl asked with a small frown and Louis gently kissed her forehead before responding.

"Well, my dear princess." He started and his smile grew. "I signed some papers that say that you're now my daughter as well as Daddy's." He said and Adaley's eyes grew wide.

"You mean that you adopted me?" she asked as tears started to well in her eyes and Louis nodded.

"You're officially my little princess." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 87 33
This is my take on what I want to happen with Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson aka Larry Stylinson💙💚 This is set in 2020 and the guys are reuniting...
3.4K 79 7
Summary: Louis has a normal life, well had, it all changed when he joined tumblr and met a boy called Niall, who introduced him to a gorgeous young l...
912 3 61
Louis loves Harry and other way around, but they don't know anything about it... Niall falls in love with Liam, but Liam doesn't know, if he feels th...
287K 4.9K 24
Harry and Louis had a kid. Who knew!? It's been 7 years since then. They've kept it a secret. They even put him in a care home. Secretly, they made a...