The Boy In The Box (Newtmas a...

By jigglypuffing_niall

"You have to stop doing this, Tommy. One day, I won't be able to help you anymore." *** Newtmas au where Newt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 34

2.8K 130 132
By jigglypuffing_niall

Newt's POV

"Well, then I wish you all a good evening, ladies and gentlemen," Janson finishes his speech for the day. Some of us have already left and some are pretty much ready to go home for the night.

I have made it a point to find out more about this place. We have to know if Alby's dream made sense somehow.

And right now is the moment to figure some things out. When I told Louis, he said I was crazy, but of course he doesn't know all the details. He doesn't know about all the strange and awful things that have happened to me over the past months.

But he said he wanted to help me. "This job wouldn't be any fun if you got kicked out. I can't do this on my own anyway." That was kind of sweet, I guess

However, I decided to make a plan then. Every afternoon, Janson makes a tour around the office department of the building to wish everyone a good night. After that he returns back to his office to get his bag and lock the door.

If Lou and I can manage to sneak into his office before he gets back, we might have a chance to look around in it for a bit. And if we find nothing, we can still try to investigate the building a bit more, for everyone will be gone by that time.

I glance at Louis and he nods. "It's now or never." We quickly stand up, ignoring the curious looks on the faces of our colleagues. Janson just walks around the corner, and that's our cue to go the other way, to his office.

Louis pulls the handle of the white door, sighing happily that it isn't locked. I step inside and look around the familiar room. Who knows what we will find here.

"Oh, shit. He's coming!" Louis says panicked.

"Hide. HIDE!" I hiss as quietly as I can.

"Fuck. Where?" Louis asks. I pull him with me inside a closet with all kinds of lab stuff. Coats, glasses... Why does he even keep these here? They should be in the lab.

Louis giggles, but I put my hand on his mouth. I can't see anything in the dark, but it makes my other senses work even better. I can clearly hear the Rat Man rummaging through his stuff and getting ready to leave. After a minute or three, the lock of the door is being turned and his footsteps fade out when he  moves through the hallway.

"I think we're good to come out," I whisper. Louis giggles again.

"What in the name is so bloody funny, Louis?"

"Well. I just never thought I would be coming out of the closet with you," Louis laughs with his own joke.

"Oh shut up," I punch his arm and open the door of the closet. I start walking around the office in search of something interesting. Louis does the same, but soon enough he's sitting on the chair behind the desk, turning on Janson's computer.

"Louis, what the hell are you doing? He'll notice if his computer is being turned on. Plus, you don't have his password," I say. This can't be good, but Louis shrugs.

"Don't worry. I'm good with this kind of stuff. He won't have a clue, I promise. And his password will be hacked in three seconds." Curiosity does start to creep in and I stand behind my friend, who is busy typing a whole bunch of things and codes in the computer. Suddenly, the screen changes to what seems to be his desktop, causing a 'bingo' to slip out of Louis' mouth.

"Look! Security cameras," I point after looking through a million of files and programs. Louis clicks the button and we are granted with a ton of screens, live video's of the security camera's that hang around the building. 

Video's of hallways, laboratories and office rooms cross the screen, but nothing unfamiliar or suspicious. Our office room comes by and it's nearly empty, only Jeremy and Sarah are still there.

Louis scrolls through the images of cameras until something catches my eye. It is another laboratory, but contrary to all the others, this is one I am not familiar with. Louis seems to notice it too, because he stops doing what he's doing and our eyes fixate on the screen. A series of video's roll by, neither of us knowing anything about these places.

"What the hell?" Louis says, seemingly shocked.

"Wow," is all I can bring out. Louis begins to search for more information behind the cameras, and we soon find out that you have to take the elevator three levels in the floor. I know that there's a level still, but you need a special entrance card for it and only the big bosses, like Janson, have a card like that.

"We need to find that card. And that place," I tell Louis. I look around the room. We start checking all the closets and drawers. When I open a drawer under the desk, I find a card with Janson's name and ugly picture printed on it.

"Well, this looks promising," I grin. Louis smirks.

"I'll check the security cameras once more to make sure everyone's gone, and then I'll program them so they can't catch us, and no one will notice we've been here."

Louis does like he said and we make our way into the hallway - god bless this door for a lock without a key on the inside - and walk towards the lifts.

I push the button that says '-3' and the metal box creeps down. Like I knew it would, a robotic voice asks to scan my card, so I keep Janson's card in front of the virtual eye. The lift cranks open and we step out into the hallway of the videos.

Pale white lights line up against the grey walls of the hallway. Multiple doors and corridors are already visible. Louis and I walk around for a bit, careful, and afraid to open any doors yet. When we arrive at an intersection, I say: "Maybe we should split up. You know, to have a bigger chance at finding something."

But Louis doesn't agree with me. "No. No, no no. We have to go in one direction."

"Alright then, whatever you want." Louis turns right and I follow him.

"Maybe we should try to open some doors." I walk up to a door and hold the card against it once again. The door makes a little beep-sound and a green light replaces the red one, showing that the lock is open.

The room in front of us is nothing like the room Alby described. It looks like the room we have upstairs, just simple desks placed in a grey room.

When we open another door, a more special room is on display. The only thing there is a round table, with about twelve chairs placed around it and in the middle of the table stands some kind of weird screen.

"What the hell?" Louis repeats his words from earlier.

"I know right."

However, this still isn't what Alby said he saw in his dream, so we move on to another room. And another, and another, and another. 

The hallway seems endless.

But along the way, we open a door and I am happy and terrified at what I see inside. The room is some kind of laboratory. The walls are grey and the room is in fact dipped in a blue-ish light. The place looks exactly like the way Alby described it.

"This is it, isn't it?" Louis asks, reading my expression of my face. I nod. Walking around the room, it starts to look more and more like the picture I created from my friend's description.

In a closet against the wall, I find a whole collection of files, ranged by alphabetical order. I look through it and find what I'm looking for: Alby's file.

My eyes scan the paper quickly, studying the information and saving it in my brain. But my heart almost stops beating when I look at the list of people participating in this part of the so-called 'experiment'.

Ethan and Edward Carson.

***

Hi, how ya doing?

First, I want to apologize for any spelling errors or words that don't fit the context, but I wrote a big part of this on my phone, and that thing does weird shit sometimes.

Secondly, if in some way all of this makes no sense at all to you (not the general plot ofc, but smaller details or little part of the plot), don't be afraid to message me and I'll try to explain what goes on in my head.

Then I want to ask if anyone has seen the new Teen Wolf episode, cuz DAAAAMN THIS SHIT IS INTENSE HOLY BALLS

Lastly, I want to thank you guys. I've been getting really nice comments on this and to me it's incredible that people are still reading this and enjoying it and I can't thank you enough.

Okay, that's all. I'm glad I wrote this, and now I'm gonna chill and watch Game of Thrones.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 8.9K 129
Pretty much just a bunch of preferences for the best maze runner boys ❤️ -Gally -Newt -Minho -Thomas I don't own these characters Warning: There may...
78.9K 2.8K 15
thomas is a normal high school kid ,,, well somewhat normal ,,, he's eighteen, in his senior year and sorta a social outcast ... oh yeah and he's spi...
121K 4.4K 14
When Thomas' best friend and neighbour Minho gets a new step-brother, Thomas is suddenly interested. All characters belong to James Dashner
203K 7.6K 34
It's been two years since Newt first woke up to the Glade and, since Alby and he managed to enforce a number of rules to stop anarchy among all the o...