Can't Help It ; Natsu

By mandouyi

[complete] Life was a continuous, repetitive cycle. Things pass, perhaps stopping even a second to wave. Ev... More

1 - Beginning
2 - Photos
3 - Rocks
4 - Angels
5 - Friend
6 - Idiot
7 - Parent
8 - Clueless
9 - Contest
10 - Temptation
11 - Strangest
12 - Progress
13 - Accidents
14 - Afternoon
15 - Choice
16 - Running
17 - Faithful
Surprise! Miss me?
Author's Note
The Time We Spent
I'm Not Suicidal!
Nightmare in My Dreams
Strawberry Jelly Cake
A Wandering Child
Three Loving Words
The Infirmus Heart
Don't Leave Me!
My Other Half-Literally
Date with Him
The S-Class Job
The Fallen Girl
Natsu's Forgotten Presents
Don't Let Me Down
Life's Weird
His Departure is Nearing
Update
You Must Be Joking
A Day Full Of Tears and Grins
Two Weeks And Counting
A Week Left
Nova
Argument
Disbelief
Hospital Recovering Time
Quick Preparations
Fate
Time Together
Trouble-Maker
Hargeon Town
My Favorite- The Ferris Wheel
How About A Family?
Our Sweet Days
Surprise! Like Her?
It's Not Personal, She Says
Rescue Mission!
Lucas's Paper Crane
Well...I Had Drinks with Cana?
Babies Aren't From Stomachs!
This Lady
OH MY LORD
The Child Demands His Baby!
Is Gruvia...A Thing Yet?
The Man Who Laughed
Spying on Juvia and Gray
In Sickness and In Health
Who...Will You Choose?
PLEASE READ
Rin- And Rin
Names
Who Eats and Who Refuses
Dragon Breath
Zoos and Peacocks
Purpura
Hey...I Know You!
The Dusted Cobalt Sky
The Way Back Home
Him- Sick
The Feeling, Dreaded
Worst of Me
Not Actually Serious?
Jealousy and Rage
With My Emotions- Disappear
Our Mixed Relationship- Confusion
Something- Familiar?
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Unresolved Problems- The Woman
Rin- Prophecy Child
Consumed- Darkly Matters
As A Team- Together
An Unsteady Feeling- Lost
The One- You?!
My Thoughts- Unfortunate
Half Murderess, Half Daughter
Christmas Special
Silhouettes Against The Wall
Ignis
Power Duo
𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

I Left You

3.9K 178 260
By mandouyi

R e c a p

As Alice fell to the ground, unconscious, Lucas also fell- as he was so tired. There were bigger matters that needed to be attended to. 

Rin. 

___

Later

Taking a deep breath, you gave Natsu and the rest one more, small smile. "(Y/N)?" Panic arose in Natsu's voice. "Stop, we can figure something out!"

Giving your head a small shake, you felt your hair stinging your cheeks- you could feel your tears starting to form at the corners of your eyes.

"I'm sorry," you croaked as you lifted a hand. "Obice."

At your words, a dark shadow surrounded everyone- it was often used as a barrier, or a cage. Natsu's fist came in contact with the magic. You could hear him loud and clear.

Actually, you could hear everyone loud and clear. Lucy didn't respond, yet you could see her hands shaking. "(Y/N)..." Natsu leaned against it for support.

"Rin," you called. Your mind was at peace- and you knew you had only one objective. "Dammit, (Y/N)!" Natsu cried.

"Mommy loves you, okay? I really do-" Your voice broke off.

"Alliges Duplicia..."

'Bind.' 

Behind you, Natsu hit the barrier with his magic. Nearby, Lucy touched the shimmering glass-like structure that kept her and Natsu trapped. Her eyes glistened as she recognized the material, and her hands flew to her side. 

You could feel yourself getting tired. As you held up two hands- one directed towards the magic barrier, and the other towards Rin.

Your child raised her eyes as she noticed tendrils crawling towards her, grabbing onto her slowly. Rin's pink hair swung back and forth as her head moved, trying to watch the fast movements.

The young woman was ever so brave as her hand flew to the weapon. She sliced the purple flames that approached her. Even though they had no affect, Rin kept bringing the weapon down, only managing to scatter the small flames.

"(Y/N)!"

Your concentration was shattered as the echo of a scream had rang your ears. The barrier instantly broke.

You heard the sound of feet running towards you. The feeling was indescribable. You didn't want to turn around.

Unfortunately, before you could even do anything about it, a pair of strong arms wrapped around your waist and yanked you backwards.

Your instincts were to grab hold onto something solid- and get yourself upright. But when a white, checkered scarf dangled in front of you, you relaxed against your husband's touch.

"...don't ever do that again. Please." 

"Okay."

"Lies, you're going to do it again, aren't you?"

"I won't if you don't try to stop me."

Natsu's arms tightened. "Can't we figure something else out? Grab a dying man, and-"

"There's no time..." You gently said, turning around and giving Natsu a small hug.

"But-"

A loud sound, something like distant thunder, rang in the air. You had been keeping an eye on Rin- who's dark weapon was glowing.

You could see her breathing heavily, as she was tired.

"You know, maybe I won't be gone."

"That's a lie, and you know it!" Natsu spat, angrily. He released you, his expression dark as his eyes glared at the ground.

"Natsu..." You gently touched his arm. When the Salamander's eyes met yours.  They were filled with tears and reflected yourself, bright and clear.

"Why does it have to be us!? Why does your mom have to be such a bitch- why does Rin have to destroy the world!? Why is everything- everything so unfair-?"

His voice broke off, and Natsu was silent. "I just wish it wasn't us."

"There's no way it wouldn't be us." You reached for his cheek- which you cupped with your palm. "That prophesy just belonged to my family."

"I just wish it didn't have to hurt you." Giving him one last smile, you leaned in, gently. As your lips fell upon his in a warm kiss, you could feel his tears running down.

Purple flames flickered from your hand- and Natsu's eyes fluttered shut- sending him into a dreamless sleep.

Lucy had been watching from afar. Now, she took a step forwards. "(Y/N)...?" Her ponytail bobbed as she tilted her head. 

"Just watch Lucas for me, okay?" There was no venom in your voice, and no hint of hesitation or hatred. The only thing left was a tired, motherly voice. 

Her expression changed, instantly. Her eyes stared down at the dirt ground, as she gave a slight nod- her fingers curled into a fist, as she gripped the edge of her shirt. 

A voice spoke up- quiet and lovely. "Mom."

It was the first time you had really heard this voice of hers. It was gentle, almost as if she was comforting a frightened animal. 

You turned around to look at the young woman who was standing before you. It was almost as if your breath had been taken away- she looked so similar to Natsu.

"Mom," she said again, more insistent this time. 

"Alliges Duplicia." 

You watched as small flames leaped off your hands to jump and envelop Rin. They came in swarms towards her- dozens of swarms. There was still something that annoyed you, intensely. 

The expression on Rin's face was not one of pain or regret. No, instead, she gently looked around at the little, purple flames that covered her with a soft smile.

Unlike before, when she had tried to cut them away, she didn't do anything. She stood there, and marveled at the fire.

Once they had a firm grasp on her, you continued. "Mundaret." 

'Purify.' 

As soon as the words left your mouth, you heard it. It was so loud and sudden, you could've sworn you, yourself, jumped at least a foot in the air. For it was the awful wailing, screaming, and crying coming from Rin.

Even as you watched her scream in grief at the horrible, stabbing sensation she must have felt, your heart didn't twitch, and you didn't even grimace at the scene. 

"Mo...m." Rin's murmur interrupted your thoughts as she fell to the ground. With what looked like bright ropes around her, the gentle fire in her eyes now changed to pain. 

As her bright eyes stared up at you in confusion and despair, she didn't even call for her blade- which was something she could have easily done. 

Swallowing the lump in your throat that you hadn't even known you had, you continued on, clenching your fist. "Adni-" 

"Adnihilo!"

Even with that smooth pronunciation, there was no doubt in who it was. Your hair stung your face as you turned around so quickly. Standing there, with a horribly arrogant, yet heroic smile on her face, was Plume, herself. 

"Plume!" You screamed, watching her hover gently in the air. Her gaze changed to you, as she smiled. "Hey, (Y/N)." 

"Plume, I-" Your voice was caught as you saw Rin shudder and shiver, as if she was cold. Dark tendrils of magic crossed over her body, looping back and forth as she tried to catch her last breath. 

"Mom-" Before she could even finish, she was taken away from the world. But before she disappeared, a smile was on her face. 

Everything was happening so quickly-

Your jaw tightened, but you turned to Plume. Your friend, who was truly a great cat, dove into your arms. As you held her in them, you could feel her tiny body shaking. 

"Are you serious?" Your voice shook as your eyes met hers. She reached out, and straightened your hair clip. With her pale, white tail flicking back and forth behind her, Plume showed a hesitant smile.

"I'm glad it wasn't...you," her voice shook. "You're going to start crying, aren't you?" She asked, softly with a small chuckle. "Please don't cry..." 

"I-" You hadn't even realized it- but a tear escaped you and rolled down your cheek. It wasn't long until another one followed. 

"You might want to scold me, but there's nothing I regret. If it's for you, (Y/N), I would do anything. Because you're my best friend." Plume wiped a paw across her face, catching all her tears. 

Your hands reached out to stroke her head. As you reached out to touch her soft fur, your hand went straight through her body- grasping nothing but air- which made everything worse. 

However, Plume didn't panic. She shook her head, her tears flying off her face. "I really want you to live your life to the fullest!" 

"How am I supposed to do that without you!?" 

She was startled at your cry. 

"How am I supposed to live with this?! Knowing that- that everyday- I wouldn't ever be able to see you again? I don't want to live like that!" 

The exceed's eyes were, once again, filled with tears. She raised her head up- as if to try and stop them. Plume's tail- was just barely visible, now. 

"Am I fading?" She asked, quietly, avoiding your questions. 

You took in a deep breath, ignoring the tears that were flowing down your cheek- and dropping into the dirt ground. You didn't trust your words- you were afraid that you wouldn't be able to form them. So, instead, you nodded your head. 

"Wow." Plume's voice was faint, as she took in a deep breath. "Right, so this is what Magnolia Town looks like." 

Through your blurry tears, you watched as she spun around, taking in the sight. "I-I wish I could've done so much more with you." You said. 

Plume's head raised as she turned. "I know," she smiled, "me too." 

"I wish I could've brought you to the hot springs. I wish I could've shown you everything that Rin was capable of, and I-" 

"I wish I didn't waste my time with you," you fell to your knees, the tears from your face left marks on the ground. 

When there was no response, you raised your head, alarmed. In the air where Plume's existence had once been- 

She was gone. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 14.3K 50
Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel are best friends since they are young. They are always together. They do everything together. They don't keep secr...
7.6K 324 14
Natsu Dragneel, the pink haired fire mage from Magnolia in The Kingdom of Fiore takes a quest on his own when his friends departed on a quest without...
216K 4.5K 34
Natsu is your typical hormonal teenage boy in high school. He's the schools bad boy and heartthrob but he's also a heartbreaker and a sex addict. But...
14.3K 295 55
"Oops, my baby, you woke up in my bed. Oops, we broke up, we're better off as friends. Now I accidentally need you, I don't know what to do. Oops, ba...