Rise of the Guardian and Prot...

By Zella40Sacy

This time, Merida and Rapunzel are stepsisters. Nevertheless, they love each other. Both of them haven't expe... More

The Sisterhood
Our Only Desire: Friends
The Decision
A Mysterious Tower
The Stranger
Acquainted with the Winter Spirit
Imma Get Myself Out of Berk
Out Into the Open Air
Bumped by Accident
Heal what has been hurt
Came out of nowhere
Collapsed at the moment
The New Recruits
She's hearing voices
Cheeks Reddened
The Guardians in their Own Perspectives
Black Sand and the Dark Voice
ARGUMENT during the Rescue?
Start Over Again
Concealed Cooperation
First: Secret Preparation and Second: Breakfast
The Birth of the Big Four
Renewed Friendships
Combine Forces for Revenge
2 GIRLS TALKING ABOUT 2 BOYS
Rapunzel's birthday: PART 1
Rapunzel's Birthday: PART TWO
Arrival of the Great Distress
Wretched, Caged, First Revealed Secret
What happens NOW?
The Daughter Arises
Escaped From the Firegirl
Something's Just Wrong
Girl in Black Dress
The Lost Princess
Could Not Forgive
Burnt Home
Alliance
The Final Battle Begins
Pitch's Undoing
Don't Just Stand There, Help.

The Two Friends Falling Apart

1K 24 9
By Zella40Sacy

Chapter 22

~Merida P.O.V~

Okay. I had a pretty hard laugh a while ago. I’ve got to be serious right now. North’s a little annoyed. Jack and Hiccup stopped snickering though. Rapunzel kept smiling in front of North, probably waiting for him to tell us what to do. And the pets? Pascal and Toothless? I’m not so sure. Toothless was kinda annoyed at Pascal because Pascal kept on obscuring at the black scales of Toothless…  Tooth whispered something to the big jolly old man. I’ve got no idea of what the whispers were… Then just after Tooth told North s-something he turned to us.

“Alright, so …..” He paused then “Ah! Jack!” He called out. Jack widened his eyes at North’s call.

“Mmm? Yes?” It’s like he have seen a ghost!

“You take over son. The other guardians and I will discuss something for a while.” North instructed Jack. Son? Oh! North did mention that he can be father-like to all of us. And remember that I told you that his eyes widened at North’s call, his eyes were even bigger than before!

“Wh-what?!” Jack protested. “All the more reasons to pick someone qualified!” Jack walked away. I glanced at Hiccup and Rapunzel and we all shrugged. But seriously, he really isn’t tha’ qualified. What all he does is freeze watur particles, flirt with meh sister, and mess with meh hair! –whale face-

“Jack, it’ll just be for now.” North said. “Besides, it’ll take less than 2-3 minutes.” He continued. Jack glanced back at North then to us then back at him and sighed.

“Fine! But I’ll put a timer on your discussion thingy so that it’ll be your turn to train ‘em.” Jack said. His icy watch came out again at his wrist. Rapunzel and Hiccup, was all like ‘Where did it even come from!’ with huge eyes.

“Sure!” North replied at Jack. Jack clicked on one of the blue buttons on his wristwatch then he finally let it disappear again. When Jack saw Rapunzel and Hiccup’s faces freeze, Jack mouthed ‘What?’ with a matching expression on his face. I laughed.

“Et was theyr furst taym to see yer ‘oh so awesome’ watchy appear and disappear like tha’.” I said.

“Oh! Haha.. Yeah well it was a gift from North last Christmas.” He told us.

“Wow! N-North made it?” Hiccup asked in awe. “I’m a-a-amazed!” He said.

 “Y—y-y-yea Hi-Hi-Hiccup ye’re r-r-right!” i SAID.. I was teasing him. That's all!!

“O-o-Okay let’s s-s-start th-th-the lesson g-g-guys!” Jack joined the mockery. And surprisingly, so did Rapunzel! Haha!

“Y-yeah! A-a-and M-m Merida will g-g-g-GO first!” She said. We all laughed except for Hiccup.

“What’s so funny?!” Hiccup asked; angry. We kept laughing for like 20 seconds.

“Hey! Are we gonna have a training or what?” Hiccup got moody. We all paused.

“We’re just having fun Hiccup.” Jack said, feeling sorry.

“Well yeah but it didn’t work, did it?” Hiccup said. Gee. He really was mad at the moment. This is ALL MY FAULT.

“Sorry Hiccup. I’m the one who started. Ye should blame me.” I apologized.

“It’s okay Mer. Let’s just get over it, okay?” He said to all of us and we nodded.

“Merida!” Jack called me, I faced him. “Since you started the th-th-thingy pr-pr-problem, you go first.” He said.

 “Alright. So, what am I suppose to do nao??” I asked.

“Shoot arrows? I don’t know! Just do your thing Mer.” He said.

“Shoot at where?” I looked around. “There are no targets at this place.” I said. But if I were mad at Jack right now, I would rather say I’d make his face my target!

“Anywhere you want HOT HEAD.” He said. Urgh! That’s it! I’m targeting on him. I loaded my bow and targeted at Jack. Hiccup and Rapunzel froze and widened their eyes while Jack didn’t notice what I was planning to do.

“One FREE ADVICE. Run or your dead Frost toast.” I said to Jack. He glanced at me for a second then ignored me. He didn’t notice that I was targeting my arrow at him. Hiccup nudged Jack’s back.

“What?” Jack asked, annoyed. Hiccup pointed at me. Just as Jack turned his head to me, I let go of the arrow. Jack fled inches upward and the arrow targeted near a tree to where the other guardians were talking. The guardians were shocked and glanced at us.

“What’s wrong with you?!” Jack asked me, very very angry. Well, I was too you know. After he called me HOT HEAD!

“Me? What’s wrong with ye!?? What did I ever do to ye to call me nayms, huh??” I yelled.

“It’s just what I am Merida.” Jack said calmly.

“Oh! So ye’re a naym KILLAH! Naw, why don’t ye call tha others nayms?? Why is et tha’ ye only naym me and Bunny? Ye’ve got a problem with us??” I asked, A LOT!

“Yes!” He yelled. “I’ve got a problem with the both of you! It spells HATE! H.A.T.E. HATE!” He shouted.

“Well NEWSFLASH FROSTY! I hate ye too! Who would ever like ye with tha’ mannur? NO ONE!! No wonder everyone else just pass rayt thru ye!” I yelled back.

“Merida! Enough!” Rapunzel warned me. Jack’s so heated up! But I didn’t listen to my sister. “Ye’re nothing but a spec in tha wind! Ye’re nothing special! So don’t boast as if everyone loves ye! Because like what ye’re best friend’s mum said, ‘Ye’re just-an-EX.PRES.SION!’” I shouted at Jack who was completely quiet and stiff. Hiccup was shock of what I said. Rapunzel, same. I’m sure if Jack can, he’d shoot me with those shear ice that he accidentally shot at the Banquet hall. But he didn’t, he just flew away.

“Jack! Wait!” Rapunzel called, running towards Jack’s direction. But he was already too far. Rapunzel stopped running then turned to me with a furious look. So did Hiccup.

“So now I’m the bad guy? Fine! Go ahead and comfort him. I’m used at being like this. I’m used at nobody on my side!” I yelled and faced Rapunzel. I meant the last sentence for her. Tears were slowly streaming down my face. No. Please not now.

I ran towards the trees and passed by Toothless and Pascal.

“Hold up Merida!” Hiccup shouted. I ignored him. He can’t come. I need to be alone. Damn it! If only Angus was here so I could ride on him! I kept running fast while lots of tears were dropping already from my eyes.

~Bunny P.O.V. ~

Jack flew away with a frown face. He was ready to cry. Man! What came to Merida’s mind? I know Jack could be a bit annoying but he’s just being… well, being JACK…

“What’s with them again?” I asked Sandy. Sandy made images of a fire and ice. I grinned but a bit disappointed..

“Yep. They’re like fire and ice alright. They never come along together.” I said. Sandy nodded. Merida shouted something to Rapunzel but I didn’t hear it much. I only heard ‘I’m used ….. on my side.’ Then a tear fall from her cheeks. She ran away to the woods. Hiccup ran after her and Rapunzel head to Jack’s direction. Erg. Teenagers.. –whale face-

“Let’s just ignore them for now. They’re kids. They have so much to learn about the real world. Tooth can you repeat it?” North said turning his head to Tooth. Speaking of her, I’ve been thinking, North’s right. I’m the guy. I should say sorry to her. I’ll do it later.

“Okay, as I have said, one of the protectors can speak any language. She, specifically, can talk to any animal, make-believe creatures, the moon; Manny, other human languages, and even trees.” Tooth said. Woah. So much for an interpreter huh?

Sandy raised his hand excitedly.

“What is it Sandy?” Tooth asked and then the two were communicating. “What? So Merida’s the one?” She asked and Sandy nodded. She squealed. “It is Merida.” She turned to us.

“Okay, so she’s the interpreter, translator, communicator, or … whatever… Is that all what Manny told you?” North asked. I stayed silent, knowing that if I’d speak up she’d just glare at me.

“He also mentioned about a predictor. He/she can see the path of the future anytime.” She replied. Predictor? Cool!

“Amazing! Who do you think possesses that ability?” North asked. I think it’s Rapunzel. She’s got to be more special than just being a great healer of town. SERIOUSLY.

“For me, it’s Rapunzel. She looks like the type.” She said.

“Well, we still have to observe.” North said.

“Agreed.” I entered the conversation and Tooth focused her eyes at me. Look at those eyes MAN!! Their going furious! See? What I told ya…

“I agree as well.” She turned to North and Sandy gave thumbs up. They kept talking about how to defeat Pitch. Where to get that kind of light that he’s afraid of. And how to make Merida and Jack become good friends. Honestly, I don’t think they’ll ever be friends. Frenemy perhaps, but not friends.

~Rapunzel P.O.V.~

I caught up with Jack. But where is he? I don’t know this place. I might get lost so I decided to call out to him.

“Jack?! Jack, where are you?!” I shouted. The only noise I heard was my echo.

“Jack!!” I called out again. Then I felt a fast movement behind me. I decided to do something foolish! Let’s see if he wouldn’t come out. It was dark and the whole place was cold. Some leaves were frozen, probably because he had passed by them. Then the sky was getting a bit darker than before.

“Jack! Please come out! I’m scared! Jack! JAAACK!!!” I knelt to the ground and covered my face. I felt a cold chill. The grass were cold. I knew it. I knew he’d come out. A lil’ smile lightened up my face. But I was still covering it, so he didn’t actually see me smiling.

“Rapunzel! I’m here! What is it? Are you hurt? What? Say something!” Jack panicked and uncovered my face with his hands and checked me. Let me rephrase that. He took my hands and searched me for bruises. He’s CONCERNED!! Gaah! I saw him kneeling down in front of me. I ended up laughing!

“Ahahahaha!” I laughed so hard. He threw away my hand, he’s concerned face frowned.

“Don’t do that!” Jack yelled and frowned again.

“You won’t come out! So I did something to get your attention. Give me a concrete reason why I shouldn’t have done that.” I said, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

“I- I was scared that you were hurt or something.” He said gently. Aww… How sweet..

“Well, you scared me too you know.” I told him. He faced me and..

“What do you mean I scared you?” He asked.

“You scared me because you left us. We don’t know if you’re gonna be okay. We’re worried. I AM worried.” I said, with total concern. He smirked and stood up. He held out his hand and I grabbed it. He helped me stand.

“I’ll be fine Punzie. I’m used of being alone.” He said.

“You’re used to? Huh. Just like what Merida just shouted earlier ago.” I said, pouting. Jack chuckled. Then we walked together through the forest. But to be honest with ya, I was hurt by what Merida shouted at me. That she was used at nobody on her side. I was on her side whenever she and mother fights! Only that Mother knows best so I should listen to her. Merida doesn’t completely know what I was going through.

“Your sister is too impossible Punz. I mean step-sister.” Jack shook my thought.

“Uhh.. Merida can be a bit aggressive and moody for some time. She even shouted at me a while ago. Just after you flew away and left us.” I said. Jack glanced at me and it seemed that he wants to listen.

“Alright. I’ll tell you.” I said. “Merida shouted that she is used at nobody on her side, specifically on fights and rivalry. When we were back at the tower, before you entered and took us out of there, she and mom had a fight over the lantern thingy and giving us the freedom to go. Mom never approves, Merida gets mad then. I, in the middle of the whole situation, decided to stop it of course. But being on Merida’s side would take another fight. So I decided to take away my dream and forget about it. Mom’s glad but Merida’s total irony of mother’s. Merida wants me to be happy. That’s all she ever wanted. But I can’t disobey mother. She took me even though I was not on her bloodline. I have to respect and obey her every rule. Merida doesn’t notice a thing that what I’m doing is for our own good. She thinks that I’m always on mother’s side and not on hers.” I sighed and stopped walking. A tear was flowing slowly through my cheek.

Jack stopped walking too. He grabbed my hand and wiped my tear gently. He grabbed my waist then he hugged me. I cried over his shoulder while he was still holding me tight.

“Shh.. It’s okay. I’m here.” Jack whispered. “You shouldn’t be crying on this day. So stop crying okay?”

I nodded my head slowly and he let go. He wiped again my tears.

“Let’s head back. They might be looking for us. Would you want me to carry you? Or you’d rather walk?” Jack asked.

“I’ll just walk. I don’t want to be a burden carriage.” I said smiling at Jack.

“No you’re not a burden at all.” He said. I glared at him. “Promise! I cross my heart and hope to-” I cupped his mouth not letting him finish.

“You’re not gonna die.” I said strictly then let go of my hands. He smirked.

“Actually I was going to say hope to live because I’m already dead. I’m immortal sweetheart.” He said. I laughed. Not because I forgot he was already dead, but because of what he called me. SWEEHEART!! Gaah! My heart’s pumping so freakin’ly fast!!

~Hiccup P.O.V. ~

I ran towards Merida. Boy she’s fast. But not fast enough. I found a path which leads to the same path she’s going, like a shortcut. I ran there and caught her by the hand.

“Hiccup, let go!” She shouted. Her voice was broken. She had a hard cry.

“Merida, running away won’t solve anything!” I shouted.

“I wanna be alone! So please! Just let me go!” She yelled and knelt to the ground, crying.

“And leave you here? In this filthy place? Look, I know I’m not as brave as you are. But I’d rather stay and protect you. I’ll not let anything happen to you okay?” I said. Lifting her up. She was still crying.

“Merida, look at me.” I instructed but she refused. “Merida.. Merida.” I called. Then she finally faced me.

“Forget about the whole thing. Forget that Jack called you names. He’s-- It’s just his hobby, I guess. I’m not against your opinion about him, but hurting his feelings is not right too. He’s a good guy, if you’ll treat him well. Not to mention, he loves your sister so much. He even planned to give a big surprise for her birthday remember?” I asked and she nodded and sniffed her nose.

“Rapunzel’s birthday would be ruined if both of you are—well—fighting.. And listen, no one is NOT on your side. I’m not on yours and I’m not on Jack’s. Same as for Rapunzel. Both of you committed a mistake. And that mistake should be corrected. You should forgive each other.” I said. She was all silent.

“You’ve got any of that?” I asked, jokingly. She smiled at me and punched my chest.

“Ow!” I complained. She laughed.

“Of course I got it, Hiccup. But—the only problem is.. Can he forgive me after everything I said?” She asked.

“I sure think so.” I said. I look up and saw the sky is getting darker. “Come on. We’re very late for training. North might scold us.” Merida nodded and we went off. I hold her hand. Hey! It's not that what you're thinkin'! I just hold her hand because I'm afraid she'd run away again. I'm being serious today. SO I've got to crash out romance first okay... xD

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

A/N: Hello! Sorry if this chapter's bad because of the rivalry Jack and Merida had. But every story needs to have ups and downs ya know.. I'm really sorry... But i did twist some of the feelings in the story.. I added a bit of romance and worriedness in the concept so that it wouldn't be just smashing things, shouting, blaming, crying, and fighting scene. Hehe.. Anyway, i made it long to make it up to all of ya! I've been very busy this following days and made me slow in updating.. So here you go! I gave you this chappie!! ^_____^ Hope it give you feels. If not, then I'm really no good.. :/ hehe joke! xD No i totally just accept whether it's good or bad... Nobody's PERFECT as GOD,.. :)

Bye GUYS! I'll be writing the next chapter early so that i could update it now... As in this VERY DAY!! :D

LUV Y'all! KEEP VOTING FOR FREE DEDICATIONS! I NEED AN HONEST VOTE!! :D Hehe... :)

Be right back!

>>>Zella40Sacy<<<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

871K 30K 107
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
80.1K 2.4K 19
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
23.7K 395 13
DELULU & GUILT PLEASURE