If Only I Could

By isaidgaywrites

"It's you that I hold on to." More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
20
21
22
re: finals
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE
30
31
Hear, hear!
32
33
34
35
Epilogue
IF ONLY I COULD

19

22.2K 283 3
By isaidgaywrites

19   

It was the last day of the weekend and tomorrow, they have to go back to their usual busy lives. The Sunday was spent in a rather laid back manner. In the morning, the couple went for a jog as the sunrise broke in the horizon, before they played around in the kitchen with the pancake mix. Left with nothing else to do after cleaning up their mess, they had the rest of the morning in bed watching a romcom movie they found in Alyssa's dvd collections. Halfway through it, they decided to have a classic thriller on the screen instead.

Lunch was no different. Alyssa would usually raise her eyebrows on fast food meals but for today, she made an exception and let Dennise request for a delivery.

The afternoon was all cuddling in bed as they both fell asleep to another romantic movie they dared to watch. Leaving the windows open for the cool, afternoon breeze, Dennise whose back was facing Alyssa, blindly searched for the other's arm and casually wrapped it around her waist. Alyssa who somehow stirred a bit after Den's movement shifted to her side so she could hug her girlfriend closer. She kissed Den's exposed nape before letting her fingers fall perfectly in between the spaces of Den's hand.

They woke up just in time to witness the lovely sunset painting the whole sky orange and red. Dennise was sitting on the pool recliner chair, her nose in between the pages of the book she was reading. She was so absorbed she did not notice Alyssa taking candid photos of her using her phone-- legs crossed, forehead creased, lips slightly parted.

"Why are you giggling?" Dennise shut her book close as she threw a curious look at Alyssa.

"Wala, nothing." Alyssa dismissed, putting her phone away. She tossed some ice cubes into her glass of mojito then added some more vodka. "Done with the book?"

"Yup. Tagal ko nang gustong tapusin 'to but it is only today I found the time." Dennise placed her book on the table as she walked to sit beside Alyssa at the pool side. "So ano, ba't nangi-ngiti ka kanina?"

"Wala nga. Drink?" Alyssa offered her glass to Dennise who took it.

"Wala raw. Sus."

"Let's go for a dip?"

"Can't. Still on my period. Why are you changing the topic. Sino ba 'yun?"

"Wala nga, hon. Let's go out for dinner, should we?"

Dennise rolled her eyes at Alyssa's evasiveness. She downed the mojito in one swig without her eyes leaving Alyssa's phone screen. 

Baka may ka-text 'to

"Hey, I know what you are thinking. Wala nga, okay? You want to check my phone?"

"What are you implying, Valdez? Nagseselos ako?"

"Aren't you?" Alyssa prodded teasingly.

"I know a place we can go in Marikina," Dennise quickly interjected as Alyssa continued to grin at her.

"Ooops, changing the topic."

"Hay, whatever. You going with me or not?" She asked. She knew Alyssa was just teasing her and that it was just a waste of time fretting on it. She knew that if Alyssa wanted to tell her something, she would. 

"I was thinking of painting my nails tonight but I'll get it done tomorrow na lang. Let's go change, then." Alyssa poured the remaining cocktail mix from the pitcher to her glass, downing it in her throat in one go.

And because it was Den's idea, the dinner was on her even if Alyssa argued they could just share or even go dutch. She even insisted on taking the driver duties while Alyssa reclined on the passenger's seat, occasionally scanning the local radio programs for good Sunday night music.

"You want to drink?" Dennise asked without turning her head away from the roads. "There's a nightclub around here we used to frequent during our college days. It's not as luxurious as the clubs in Taguig, ha pero it's a good place to have fun and hangout. Ano, fine with that?"

"Sure, why not? Gabi-gabi ka siguro roon, 'no?"

"Wow, nagsalita!"

"Hey, I did go to clubs but only during Saturday nights lang kaya... well, until Kim introduced Ara and Mika to me. Lakas mag-aya nung mga 'yun. "

"See? What happened to our role student?"

"I was a student leader who graduated with excellent grades kaya. At least, I managed my social life well too." Alyssa crossed her arms against her puffed chest, challenging Dennise to argue with her. However, Dennise just laughed at her.

"I am impressed on how defensive you can get, Valdez."

"I am not being defensive!"

"Sure you are not," Dennise let go of the stick to poke and tickle Alyssa who glared at her in return. "I am going to miss you, Ly."

"You are so in love with me."

"And I am not even going to deny it." Dennise quipped, making both of them laugh.

The club was pretty crammed for a Sunday night. Alyssa had to make sure she and Dennise could  pushed through the crowd without getting separated. They settled at the bar as there were no more empty tables for them.

"What's yours, Ly?"

"Ginger ale? Anything nonalcoholic."

"It's fine. I'll drive us home."

"I'll look after you. I can't get drunk."

"Silly, who says you have to look after me pa? Don't worry, okay?"

"Well, if you insist..."

"I insist. It's on me, ha?" Dennise reminded Alyssa again before giving the bartender a huge smile, her card and then their order. She dragged her bar stool closer to Alyssa so she could hear her voice over the loud techno pop music blasting the speakers.

Dennise noticed that people were stealing glances of them. It was starting to bother her when her eyes caught a group of guys checking them out, checking out her girlfriend mostly who glammed herself with an off-sleeves blue blouse that exposed her lean arms and her favorite denim shorts emphasizing her long legs. She has always thought of Alyssa as an overall wonderful person but tonight, she was again reminded of how effortlessly attractive she was-- her height, sun-kissed tan and her smile that exudes confidence.
And damn those black-rimmed eyeglasses.

"Is this the best time to throw in one of those lines from clichés movies?" Alyssa's lips turned into a smirk as she planted her elbow on the table and leaned her head on her palm. "Miss, it's rude to stare. Take a picture, it lasts longer."

It took Dennise few seconds before she realized Alyssa was making fun of her. In the three seconds that followed, a series of emotions flashed on her face-- confused, surprised, and then annoyed. She topped all of it with an emphatic roll of eyes while Alyssa grinned pleased and satisfied.

"Ang annoying mo! I wasn't even staring. Vain!" 

"You were kaya. Don't worry. I take pictures of you too when you are not looking. That makes it fair, right?"

"What?!"

"Aww, thanks." Alyssa ignored Den's gawk as she faced the bartender again to accept their drinks. She took a sip from her highball glass, flavors of cranberries, oranges and vodka exploding in her mouth, then she gave an approving smile to him. "This is good."

"Thank you, Miss." The bartender returned the glee with a very boyish smile. He then went to attend the other customers with the same quickness and dedication.

"So...?" Alyssa cleared her throat as she got back to Dennise who was clutching her cold glass against her cheek. "What are you doing?"

"Feels nice."

"How old are you, really?"

"Five!" Dennise held out her fingers. "And a half."

"And you're telling me there's no need to look after you?" Alyssa also held her glass and clicked it with Den's. "Cheers, girlfriend."

Boozing up the young night, they had drinks after another. Alyssa was slumping on the bar when Dennise slowly dropped her head and faced Alyssa.

"Ly, no drinking in Cebu, ha?" Dennise whispered in her girlfriend's ear. She waited for Alyssa's nod before she spoke again. "If you are going to do something stupid, make sure I won't learn about it."

"I will keep that in mind... I can't let you know..." Alyssa laughed smugly. She paused when she realized Dennise was being serious. She sat up straight after Dennise did the same. "Of course, Den. That won't happen again, yes?"

"If you are going to have fun with your friends, please just control yourself. Kapag nakakainom ka kasi, you're..."

"I am what?"

"Frisky."

"Frisky? What does that even mean?"

"I don't know. Playful and you know, you when you get inebriated. Ganoon ka, 'di ba?"

"Well, am I supposed to incriminate myself? And hey, we are drinking and I am fine."

"I am serious, Ly." Dennise sighed. She put one hand on Alyssa's leg to refrain it from bouncing. "I mean, if you get absolutely wasted. So please, watch over yourself."

"It is like... you don't trust me, hon." Alyssa took her hand in hers and started rubbing circles on her palm using her thumb. She was genuinely hurt even if she knew Dennise did not mean it to. She lifted her gaze to Dennise as she showed her a sad smile. "Do you?"

"Don't take it that way, Ly. Of course, I do but sometimes, things go beyond our control without us knowing it."

"And since we are being honest here, I also want you to know that you are all I desire." Alyssa told her sincerely.

Dennise said nothing but she seemed to be in deep thoughts. She was drawn back to her senses when Alyssa applied gentle pressure on her soft hand. "Do you think we have had enough? Should we go?"

"Okay, it's morning na rin."

"Hey. We are okay, ha?"

"Yes, we are. Namumula ka na, Ly. We really should go."

After Dennise retrieved her card, they freed themselves from the reeking alcohol and smoke.

Alyssa, with great difficulty, steadied her footing. And while she somehow still has the wit, her body coordination seeemed to have gone against her will. She could hardly move without her balance messing up with her. "We got ourselves pretty drunk, girlfriend."

"Great night," Dennise answered with a grin.

"Great night!" Alyssa agreed, smiling back at Dennise.

Her hand reached for Alyssa's back to help her from staggering. Between the two of them, it was Alyssa who had the most drinks since Dennise promised her she would take care of her anyway. Other than that, she wanted Alyssa to have fun the most.

"Found your car, hon. Let's go?"

"You'll drive?" Alyssa asked in doubt. She took Den's face in between her palms then through her blurry vision, she checked Dennise. "No, you can't drive. You have had drinks too. I can't let you."

"What? Lalo namang I can't let you! Get inside, Ly. Don't worry. I won't crash it. Your baby won't even get a single scratch, promise!" She tried to push Alyssa to the other door but the other resisted. She was still much stronger and taller which made Den's effort futile. "Hon, ano?"

"I don't care about this SUV, okay? I want us to be safe. Baka makatulog kasi ako. I can't let you watch the roads alone so no, I won't let you drive." Alyssa argued and out of nowhere, she snatched the keys from Dennise. "It's two in the morning. All drivers think they rule the highways."

"Akala ko ba maaga tayo? Marami ka pang aayusin before you go to Cebu, right? You have to sleep, love."

"Cebu, man. Four days tayong 'di magkikita and you're telling me to sleep away this chance I get to be with you?"

"Wow! You're drunk, really. Parang we don't sleep together, ah?"

"Correction: we never really have slept together yet, duh." Alyssa casually added. Her attention shifted to the other car near them that drove away from the parking lot, unmindful of Den's sudden cautious blushing. "Coffee tayo? There's a cafe near here, 'di ba? Nadaanan natin kanina."

Dennise cleared her throat and forced herself to appear nonchalant. "Medyo malayo pa 'yun. See that convenience store? Let's go."

"Convenience store? Anong mabibili natin jan?"

"Coffee, duh or whatever to sober us up."

"Hindi ba delikado?" Alyssa squinted her eyes at the store nearby. "Are you sure, hon? Look, it looks pretty isolated."

"Ilang hakbang lang, Valdez. For crying out loud, you are such a girl! Are you going with me or not?"

Alyssa did not answer. She ran to open the door to the backseat, disappointing Dennise who decided to just go and buy themselves something, alone.

"The hell with it." Dennise kicked a stone which hit the streetlight post. She sighed in defeat and just made herself think that maybe Alyssa was too drunk to accompany her. She was about to kick another pebble when she heard the door slam shut. She turned her head and saw Alyssa jogging toward her, almost tottering. She was now wearing her denim jacket. "O ano?"

"I told you to wait. Hindi mo ako narinig?" Alyssa slurred as she brought her hands to her knees to steady herself. Once she had recovered, she straightened her back again and offered a shirt to Dennise.

When Dennise just eyed her, she took the initiative to wear it to her who did not complain. She rolled up the sleeves up to Den's elbows then she placed a Cardinals baseball cap on her head to avoid catching cold. "Better."

"Magtatampo na sana ako, Aly."

"Like I will ever let you go." Alyssa pinched Den's nose playfully. She stretched her arms out in the air before she caught Den's hand and joined her walking to the store.

It was just a short distance from the parking area and in no time, they found themselves in front of the convenience store. It was almost three in the morning with few cars racing down the quite road.

Dennise pushed the door open for Alyssa who almost tripped on her feet, startling the half-asleep security guard. Alyssa smiled apologetically at him and kept a note in her head to buy the old man a coffee.

The clerk greeted the two ladies with a very enthusiastic vibes for the wee hours of the day.

"I'll get it. Wait for me. I'll have cup noodles na lang. How about you?"

"Is the coffee here good?"

"Haven't tried it yet." Dennise shrugged.

"Cold coffee then? The one in a can?"

"Don't get coffee. Baka 'di ka na makatulog mamaya. I'll get you cup noodles na lang din para mainitan ka, okay?"

"Processed noodles? Nyay."

"Ayaw?"

"Sige na. Get the same for me. Thanks."

"Anything else?"

"Water and junkies to munch, maybe? And hon, can you get Manonh coffee?"

"Coffee for Manong, okay. Aspirin?"

"No need. I will feel better. Thank you, love." She gave Den cheeky smile and her hand a light squeeze. Alyssa stayed at the table, craning her neck to watch over Dennise who was working with their cups of noodles.

She grew a bit uneasy when one of the store employees who was just refilling the rack approached Dennise and tendered help. She could stand up and get herself involved but she also did not want her girlfriend to think she was being unreasonably overprotective when all the guy did was to help a customer. She remained seated as she followed the two with her eyes.

She watched him carry the tray to the counter for Dennise and even dared to strike up a conversation with her while they were waiting for their turn after a group of call center agents. After the payment, the employee offered to get the tray for her again only this time, Dennise pointed at Alyssa after some words to the guy who afterwards, politely excused himself.

"I was watching. What was that?" Alyssa inquired as soon as Dennise was back to their table. "Was he hitting on you?"

"Kind of. So I told him I am with my girlfriend and he should fuck off because I am not even interested. Not even a bit." Dennise sneered.

"You really said that?!"

"Of course, I was kidding. Pero ang presko talaga, it was annoying."

"Oh, akala ko..."

"I was half-kidding pala. I did say I am with you kaya nga kita tinuro eh. The look on his face when I said girlfriend was priceless. Should we eat this here pala?"

"Sa sasakyan na lang. I really felt uneasy when he went near you."

"Uneasy?" Dennise smirked as she pressed on the evasive Alyssa.

"Fine. Felt a tinge of jealousy. Just a bit. Iota lang. Happy?"

"Pride mo, Valdez. Let's get going then."

Back to the parking area, Alyssa had this idea to lift open the compartment door of her SUV so they could have something to sit on as they eat.

"You know, noong college, there came a time instant food became my life source. Like those stuff you can buy in a convenience store tapos im-microwave na lang?"

"You were that lazy?"

"Hey, I was living alone in my unit. I didn't have the time to cook for myself kaya." Dennise retorted. She offered to Alyssa the chocolate bar she bought too and let the other take a bite of it. "Myco would often tell on Dad about my diet. Kaya minsan, pinapauwi talaga nila ako sa bahay."

"Myco's nice."

"I didn't say he's not."

"Too bad you met me." Alyssa let out a soft laugh. She stuffed her empty cup of noodles back to plastic bag. "Though I think he really cares for you just as much as I do."

"It is weird talking about my ex."

"No hard feelings, Den. I am cool with him."

"I wish I can say that too." Dennise mumbled to the air. She bit her lip when she realized that Alyssa could have heard her.

"You always look good in my shirts." Alyssa glanced at her before she leaned her head on Den's shoulder. "You don't have to skip classes for me tomorrow morning. It's Monday."

"It will be fine, hon. Hindi na nga kita maihahatid sa airport in the afternoon eh."

"There's Kuya Max naman to drive us to the airport."

"At least, let me prepare you brunch or something. Clear?"

"Sabi mo eh."

Silence followed but it wasn't a bit uncomfortable. Alyssa had her arms around Den's waist while her chin was on her shoulder and her lips blowing gentle tickles.

"I'll miss you too, Dennise."

"I am telling you, Ly, you can't just beg for me to take the plane and join you in Cebu at the first instance you miss me, ha?"

"Wala pa ako sa Cebu, mami-miss na kita." Alyssa joked. She pushed her hair behind to give the back of her ear a lingering kiss. Her lips stayed there longer than necessary.

It was three in the morning and it was perfect. Any time spent with Dennise is always perfect.

*

She was about to call Rina and tell her the plane had already landed but before she could dial her, Alyssa's name flashed on her phone screen. She answered the call and was told that her girlfriend was already waiting for her.

Dennise followed Alyssa's direction then she was lead to the same car they used before. Still a few more steps away, Alyssa already alighted from her car with an excited smile. She ran to Dennise and immediately took her in a tight hug.

"Four days. Damn, I missed you."

"Ba't ikaw ang nagsundo? Hindi ka ba busy?"

"I am but I missed you so much I could not afford another minute without you. Let us go para makapagpahinga ka muna." She fetched Den's luggage and threw it at the backseat. She entered her car again and took a longer moment to study Dennise. "How are you?"

"It got so lonely in your unit I went home to Paranaque yesterday and also to catch the early flight. How about you? How's the second day?"

"Ang daming tao still, I had to help in the kitchen! You'll know mamaya, the week-long opening promo is a blockbuster. Pero let's get you to the hotel muna. Mamaya ka na bumisita, susunduin na lang kita."

When Alyssa was fixing her seatbelt for her, Dennise caught the familiar scent of her perfume making her realize how much she missed Alyssa.

She stopped her by holding both of her hands which eventually fell on Den's lap. "You haven't kissed me yet, Ly. Why is that?"

"Baka kissing you would make me want you more and forget about the café."

"Boo!" Dennise jeered.

"But of course, you can always remind me about it." Alyssa suggested with a sly wink.

She started by pressing her lips against Den's, both savoring the moment of familiarity and fondness. Alyssa broke away from it with a smile as she went to kiss her chin, Den's nose bridge and then her forehead.

Dennise, on the other hand, nuzzled her face against Alyssa's neck then she moved to trace her jaw before nibbling her ear, making Alyssa giggle. She pulled herself away from her a little, drawing Alyssa in. She slipped her hand around her nape and engaged her in longer kisses.

Both already had given in the passion that Alyssa's hand was already venturing inside Den's top when her phone started ringing. She did her best to ignore it but it persisted. Alyssa, who was feeling up Den's covered left, grunted.

"Get it, hon."

"Don't want to." Alyssa childishly hissed. She got a chuckle from Dennise who slowly pulled her hand out of her shirt. Alyssa pouted at her. "Oh, come on."

"Perhaps they need you, hon. Take it."

"I need you too." Alyssa implied as she blushed. She wondered if Dennise understood what she was trying to say but before she could check, her phone started ringing again.

She scratched the back of her head as she finally answered the phone. After a short conversation, she hang up and started the engine of her car. "You want to stay in the hotel?"

"I want to see the café too and see what I can help."

"You don't mind?"

"No. Let's go. I am excited!"

The newest branch was in the heart of the busy Cebu City. It was smaller than most of the other branches in Luzon but it also has the same cozy ambiance and charm. Alyssa walked inside hand in hand with Dennise who was immediately greeted by Alyssa's best friends.

"Lipstick mo, Ly. Kaya pala ayaw sumagot!" Ara imputed which got Alyssa taking her phone out of her pocket and checking herself. She growled when she realized she was tricked. "Guilty na guilty, ah?"

"I don't know how to punch but I could really punch the smug out of your face right now, Ara." She snarled. "But for the sake of professionalism and our friendship, I would save it."

"Den, 'di mo ba pinagbigyan 'to?"

"Knock it off, Ara. Geez." She pulled Ara's ear and mercilessly twisted it while the other cried in pain.

"What the hell, kids?!" Mika entered the scene to break off the two bantering best friends. "Ly, they need people in the kitchen at ikaw Ara, help Kim in serving! Oh! Hi, Dennise!"

"Hi, Miks." She kissed her friend on the cheek. "Congratulations! Busy na busy, ah?"

"Sobra. We only have nine employees kasi. I guess the HR has to hire more pala. Anyway, join Bang at the table. She's with our guests."

"Loko si Ara. Ang sakit mangurot." Alyssa chimed in. She was rubbing her cheek which has turned red.

"Ikaw nauna, Baldo!" Ara shouted back.

"Para kayong mga bata stuck in that tall frame!" Dennise lectured.

"Baby damulag ba, Den?" Kim added.

"Says the one who owns Spongebob band-aids!" Alyssa tossed back. She stuck her tongue out quickly before Dennise could catch her while Mika dragged Kim back to the station. "Tara na nga. Time for them to meet you."

"Them?"

Alyssa led Dennise to the long table farthest from the kitchen traffic. Bang stood up to kiss her cheek then she offered the empty seat next to her. She started to introduce Dennise to one of the guests, a dapper-looking young man named Ken whose family owns the business that furnishes the cafe the baking supplies, then to Tin, the daughter of the person who engineered the building and few other family friends.

The door chimes rang as few more people entered the café. Alyssa left the table to join the team in the kitchen.

It was past the busiest hours of the day and eventually, the customers thinned out. Alyssa hang her apron back after making sure she would not be needed anymore. Business hours were not over even yet but they had to close out mostly because they have ran out of goodies and they wanted to hold a celebratory dinner in a restaurant, courtesy of Mika after the cheers from her friends and the crew.

After thanking everyone for their hard work, they checked out of the hotel and headed to Alyssa's family vacation house where Bang, Ara and Kim had gone beforehand to prepare another private party.

"Neng! Dennise! Mika!" Lolo Ameng was the first one to meet the group much to the delight of Alyssa. "Aba, mga magaganda kong apo!"

"Kamusta po?" Dennise kissed the fragile man's hand, overjoyed that he could still remember her.

"Kalabaw lang ang tumatanda, hija! Tuloy kayo, andoon na ang mga kaibigan niyo."

"Lo, pasensya na... mukhang hanggang umaga na 'to."

"Ano ba naman, Neng. Inyo naman ito e bakit ka nahihiya? May mga kasama ka pa pala. Sakto't kakahanda lang ng mga kwarto. Teka't tatawagin ko si Haji nang mailagay na sa mga kwarto ang mga gamit nila." The old man exucused himself to find the other house helpers.

*

Endless drinks were served and games were played by everyone. It was an enjoyable night and hearing Alyssa's hearty laugh made it more perfect. She was running away from Bang's water gun before she took refuge behind the unsuspecting Tin, making her the new target.

"Hon, be careful. Baka madulas ka." Dennise reminded her girlfriend who was again running away in the gazebo with a can of beer in her hands. "She can be such a kid."

"I know right!" Ara agreed. She sat on the pool side next to Dennise.

Kim joined them not long after. She gave each one of them a cup of rum punch. "Tapang nito, Ara."

"Nananapak ba?"

"Korni mo. Hi, Den. Musta? Alam mo bang muntik nang umuwi ng Manila 'yang si Valdez dahil 'di makatulog nang 'di ka katabi. We had to get her to drink vodka para knockout."

"Really? Ba't 'di niya nasabi sa akin 'yun?" Dennise puzzled. She looked around to find Alyssa who was chatting with the helpers, a happy grin was plastered on her face.

"Takot lang niyang malaman mo na uminom 'yan. Binawalan mo raw eh." Ara added. "Although, of course, dapat nags-sorry ako sa nangyari last time. It was really my fault."

"Ano 'yun? Kwento naman!" Kim elbowed her friend. "Ba't 'di ko alam?"

"Tagal na noon. Taga-bundok ka talaga. Itong si Valdez, nilasing namin tapos 'yun, alam mo na." Ara explained.

"Ah, gets. Ganyan naman kasi 'yan kaya if you feel like doing it, just get her few hard drinks."

"Or you can just ask for it." Ara hinted with a playful raising of eyebrows. She cleared her throat then she scooted closer to Dennise, suggesting a more serious conversation. "Pero if I may ask, have you done it?"

"W-what it?" Cornered and flustered, Dennise gulped hard. She knew exactly what they were asking about.

"You know... that? Yung ginagawa ng couples to take the relationship to the next level of intimacy." Kim continued as she also closed in a huddle. "Again, if we may ask lang, ha?"

"We've never done it," Dennise replied.

"Well, it's vital. You know, to keep the relationship lively and... hindi boring." Ara pressed on. She glanced over at Alyssa who was now at the Jacuzzi with Tin and Kenneth. "I mean, si Ly, she's very committed but everyone gets bored. Iba pa rin 'yung ano, exciting. And basta, it really takes the relationship to the next level kasi. Emotional, physical... it helps."

"Wait, I'll get some more..." Kim ran to the tables to get more drinks. When Dennise wasn't looking, she signaled thumbs up to Ara who winked at her knowingly in return. Back to the pool side, she handed Dennise a cup of gin mix.

"She has a question, Kimmy pero I think, ikaw lang makakasagot bilang the ultimate best friend ni Ly."

"Shoot me up your question, D."

Dennise welcomed the bitter taste in her mouth before she braved to ask what has been bothering her since then.

"Do you think she's getting... bored? I mean, do you think she feels a little stagnant? Kasi ako, I think she does. We have done things but nothing like having sex and I don't know. Man, maybe she is bored."

Kim stroke her chin as if she was thinking through it carefully. She dramatically sighed then she faced Dennise.

"You sleep together and nothing happens? I don't even know how is that possible or kung paano nagagawang possible ni Ly 'yun. You love her, she loves you... and I am sure she wants you too. Siguro, it's up to you if you also want her. I mean, we all know how loving she is but hindi mo kasi maalis sa kanya 'yan... not when she has had done it before with... Lau."

"Ohhhkay, Kimang. Let's not even go there." It was Ara's turn to elbow Kim's ribs.

"What? She must be yearning for it too and Den is now her girlfriend. It's natural." Kim blurted out without giving it much of a thought.

Dennise whose head was spinning after all the drinks and loud thoughts found herself getting another drink.

"Gago 'to. Anong pinagsasabi mo?!" Ara jabbed Kim who was smiling from ear to ear.

"Wasn't that your plan?"

"Lasing ka na, Fajards. Mags-suggest lang naman tayo. Hindi 'yung ganoon."

"We're doing our friend a favor here, Galang. Text her. Remind her to thank us later."

Ara was about to say something when the presence of Alyssa interrupted her. "Uy, Ly!"

"Si Den?"

"Looking for me, hon?" Dennise appeared behind her, holding a bottle of tequila.

"You're not drinking that, tell me." Alyssa quirked an eyebrow at her girlfriend.

"No, it's for Kim and Ara. Ikaw, join us?"

"Kind of exhausted from the long day, Dennise. Let's sleep. Hayaan mo na sila rito."

"Uy, chance!" Kim uttered impulsively earning her a jab from Ara.

"You go first, hon. We were talking about... uhm-"

"Med school!" Ara interjected to the half-convinced Alyssa. "Si Kim, magd-doctor daw."

"Huh? The fu-" Again, Kim got a quick elbow from Ara.

"Will you be fine here?" Alyssa ignored the bickering two and focused instead on her girlfriend. "Are you drinking?"

"I am having fun."

"With these two? Anyway, if you start to feel a little funny na, umakyat ka na lang. Ha? I'll tell the helpers to look after you."

"Okay, love. Good night! Tulog ka na po."

"Good night!" Alyssa kissed her hair before she disappeared inside the mansion.

"Hindi ka talaga susunod pa?" asked Kim and Ara.

"Cheers!" Dennise followed her swig of tequila with a sip of sangrita while Ara could only shake her head and join Dennise in her drinking session.

"Patay ka kay Valdez, Kimmy..." she breathed out and had herself a tequila shot too. 

Dennise could not remember how she was able to make it inside their room without stumbling after her every step but somehow she did.

You are all I desire. She heard Alyssa saying in her head. She forced her heavy eyes open as she lit the turned the dim lights on, giving out a soft glow inside the room. Alyssa was in her deep slumber, her back against the bed, her shirt slightly lifted and was exposing her lean abdomen.

She dragged her weak legs to bring her closer to Alyssa and then she sat beside her. She removed her shirt then she climbed on top of her. Dennise brought her hands inside Alyssa's shirt and then she started to move and knead both.

"Wake up, Alyssa." She fluttered her eyelashes on her cheek and then her lips slid down to her neck as she breathed in her scent.

"Den..."

"Wake up. Take your shirt off."

Alyssa slowly blinked her eyes open and when her vision revealed Den's white skin, she was stunned until Den's continuous fondling snapped her out of her daydreaming. "Den, what are you doing?"

"You, Alyssa."

"What?" Still unable to understand what was going in, she yielded to her girlfriend's demand and let her loose shirt be taken off her. Alyssa's heart was pounding wildly she could hear it knocking inside her ribs. She wondered if Dennise who was still feasting over her chest could hear it too. "Hon?"

"Don't!" Dennise sat on her astride as she pushed Alyssa back to the bed by her shoulders. She lowered herself to leave Alyssa's skin marks. Her lips moved to claim her left one, tongue flicking Alyssa's peak. She kept her gaze on her girlfriend's eyes which held both lust and confusion. She nibbled and sucked as Alyssa let out a moan.

"Den, stop." Alyssa's breathing was now racing against the beating of her heart. She exactly had the fairest idea where this was going.

"Why? Am I doing it wrong?"

"No, just stop. I can't promise you I can hold myself back, Den. So please, if you are teasing, stop it."

"What if I am not?" Dennise placed each of Alyssa's hand to cup both of her breasts. She made her hand work, leading Alyssa to play with her front. "I want you to hold me."

"Did you get yourself drunk?"

"So what?"

"Den, what's with this? What did they tell you? Did they talk you into this?"

"Ang daming tanong, Alyssa."

"Did they mention her?"

"Damn it, Alyssa! Why is this about her again? Can't we have sex now? Have you gotten bored of me already? Are you seeing someone else?!"

"What the-- Den! What are you saying?"

"Why won't you do it with me?!"

"Because this is not right!"

"You've probably met someone better!"

"Ano?!"

"Kiss me!"

Alyssa crashed her lips against Dennise. She forced her way inside her mouth, easily dominating her. She grabbed and pulled Den's hair and it was not even gentle. This gave her a chance to break away from her and shove herself against Den's flawlessness. She curled up with one hand supporting her and the other searing Den's back as Alyssa covered her girlfriend's flat stomach with kisses surging with passion.

Dennise responded, sending Alyssa fall on the bed again. The latter momentarily let Dennise control as she was once again locked lips with her. Dennise changed the pace and the sense of urgency faded out. She let herself linger in between her kisses while her hand caressed her stomach. Alyssa pushed the loose strands of Den's hair that fell to her face.

"Are you sure about this, Dennise?"

"I am. I can do this, Ly."

"Turn over." Alyssa commanded which Dennise obeyed.

She moved off her and got herself under Alyssa whose thumb was making circles on her navel. She heard herself curse and moan. Her lip hurt from her biting while Alyssa continued to lower her hand until she was now pulling her shorts down.

She was starting to get dizzy and it was not even the alcohol. She was overwhelmed. And before she could stop the other, her shorts were tugged down to her knees. The last piece of fabric was all that remained.

"Do you really want me to do this, Den?" She was again asked. She could have easily said no. She knew Alyssa would understand but somehow, her voice hitched up in her throat and instead, she gave a nod to Alyssa. She gulped again to find her voice. "Do it."

She thought it was what Alyssa wanted to hear. She was scared but she was even more scared to learn that Alyssa was getting bored of her and that anytime soon, she would find someone else to replace her. Someone who could do what Dennise could not.

"Please... let me take it off." Alyssa gently pushed her legs apart. Her eyes were still fixed on Dennise ever since she pulled her shorts down, making the other feel uncomfortable and evasive. "Look at me."

"Just do it."

"I said look at me."

"Please, just do it."

"Not until you look at me."

Alyssa waited. Her eyes were still on Den's red face and her hands on her knees. "I won't do this, Den until you are looking at me."

"What's the point?"

"I won't do it if you are only doing this because-"

"Tangina, Alyssa! Ano pa ba?!" Dennise grabbed a pillow and threw it straight at Alyssa's face. "Binibigay na nga ang gusto mo, ayaw mo pa?!"

"Anong ginusto ko rito? Na magpakalasing ka at maghubad sa harap ko?!"

"Hindi ba? Isn't this what you want? Me?! O may iba na?!"

"Anong iba, Den?! Why are you so upset? You are the one telling me you are ready and then nagh-hesitate ka! I don't want to play around you, Den!"

"Are you disappointed at me now? Fine, let's break up!!!"

Cold water seemed to have washed over Alyssa as she remained in frozen in daze. Her lips trembled and her eyes were misty. Her head ached and her heart broke after what she heard from Dennise.

"How can you do this to me?" Her voice was weak. She felt more vulnerable than Dennise who was actually almost naked in front of her.

"I thought I was ready. But maybe I really am but I don't know how to handle it. I have never been into this. I don't want to disappoint you but look, I already did and that we should break up kasi doon rin naman papunta 'to, 'di ba?"

"You're breaking up with me dahil lang jan?!"

"I feel useless!!! Ano pang gagawin ko? I can't bring us closer! You will drift away from me. H'wag mo nang patagalin."

Alyssa dropped her head. Tears were escaping her eyes and not because Dennise was trying to break up with her. It was because of her insensitivity that was making Dennise insecure.

Without a word, she fixed Den's shorts for her and then she helped her with her shirt. She did the same for herself. She crawled back beside Dennise who was clutching the comforter around her tightly.

"I checked my phone kanina. I got a message from Kim telling me to thank her later. Hindi ko na-gets until you came in drunk and different. That was when it dawned to me you were trying to do whatever they told you to do. Kaya alam ko na and maybe, I wanted you to know I didn't like it that was why I was a bit mad." Alyssa started. She reached for Den's hand but the other swatted her away.

"You hate me. Say it."

"Why will I hate you?"

"You are upset."

"I am upset because I have upset you too."

"That doesn't make any sense."

"It doesn't have to." Alyssa gently tugged her back to the bed. "Don't break up with me, okay?"

"What about you?"

"What about me? Den, I am perfectly happy with what we have. I am perfectly happy with you."

"What if you start looking for someone else?"

"I won't do that, Den. Remember, you are all I desire."

"Exactly and I can't even-"

"I desire to make you laugh every chance I get. I desire talking to you. I desire to spend each day with you and it drives me mad when I cannot. Den naman, I love you and I am in love with you and I won't ever get used to you." She held Dennise in a side hug, leaning her on her chest. "Ayoko na nang ganoon, Den. You are making me the happiest the most and that is enough for me. Sobra pa nga eh."

After the short pause, Dennise spoke.

"This is dumb."

"I know but hey, it brought us closer. Tomorrow, I am sure you will forget about this and tomorrow, I will remind you you are perfect."

*

"Who finally woke up our sleeping beauty?" Alyssa pulled a chair for Dennise who languidly walked slowly to join her at the table.

"The princess charming, maybe." Dennise casted her one of her morning smiles. She tied her hair into a messy bun while Alyssa made her coffee. "What happened last night, Ly?"

"Last night? It was a good night sleep. Tulog na tulog ka nga you kept on pushing me to the edge of the bed."

"Really? Sorry. Maybe, I was a little drunk."

"Yeah, you were. A little." Alyssa carefully placed the cup of coffee on the table. She sat on the chair beside her girlfriend, rubbed her nose with her while Dennise giggled before she pressed their lips together and held the kiss for quite a long moment.

______

NOTE: I AM KIND OF IN A HURRY AND I NEED TO GO (without proofreading this one) Haha I will be busier than ever, guys. Last update of the month!!! (and until the next weeks...)  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.1K 22
"just remember that when everything starts falling apart, I'll be here holding us together because I can't lose you, you two are my everything"
900 67 11
"It's not always cheating that breaks relationship"
38.4K 2.5K 24
Whatever the journey is Of course is going to be HAPPY ENDING.❤️❤️❤️