LOVING THE RAPIST CHILD

By Zamzba1

Bright has had a great share of life and everyday for the past seven years she is constantly reminded of what... More

LOVING THE RAPIST CHILD
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
AN
Chapters 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
AN
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
AN
AN

Chapter 7

166 9 0
By Zamzba1

Ed,discovered that his prayer life has increased a bit and he has more burden. This was what he was supposed to do, but his heart won't allow him to stop there, he would always remember a certain client that needed a personal visitation from the Holy Spirit. No one could perfect that job on his client, so he found himself on his knees as often as possible interceding on her behalf.

****************************************
Bright took hold of Jake's note, recently she has discovered that his notes were always rough and covered with red ink, worst his grades has dropped drastically for a session now and Bright thought it was Jake being lazy, everything began to unfold as she kept going through his notes.

She was not too much educated but she was taught a bit of education and that includes basic reading and writing, mistress always said it boasted business and that is the only advantage she seems to pick up from her former profession.

She scanned his notes and saw that he spelt a particular word wrong four times and there are a lit of mistakes even in spelling of his name.

This is strange, isn't a child supposed to know how to write his own name.
He spelt "angry" as "agry" " angy" "hangy"
His name was written as "Jcob", Bright checked another of his notes again, maybe it was her eyes that was deceiving her. After all she has being through a lot lately, maybe all what she needed was just rest.

She must be hallucinating or something close to that.

She checked his maths note and found that even alphabets are not correctly written, numbers were practically not well and he got even the simplest sums wrong.

When had all these begun and she did not take note of it. How did Jake become these playful, she had considered the thought of getting a lesson since he was in primary 1 but he was doing just fine then and he was slightly below average in class, but with last two terms results and these new discovery she was not sure what to think of again.

She tries her best to assist her son when doing assignments even when she did not understand most of the topics or why there should be kept in school curriculum, but she can't just help being a bad mother.

She is a bad mother, the word drawn on her, because if her past she earned her son a suspension from school, she has not made it a point of duty to go through her sons books and now her son is lagging behind in school and his peers, no wonder Jake was promoted on trial to his next class.

Well there is going to be a change Bright gold herself with absolute resolution, her child would become brilliant, she would find time for her son, look for an extra day during weekends and earn more, all is for her son. Her son will not suffer for her saga.

****************************************
Jake came back from his punishment, he was famished and to an extent he was grateful for the suspension, he would not have to deal with bullies in school and the teasing from his peers because he is dumb and stupid.

He opened the door of the house and went inside, his mother was not in the sitting room or kitchen, that is quite strange, he dropped his shirt in the sitting room, ran into his room.

Gbam!!!!! He met his Mon going through his notes.

Immediately he saw his mom, he knew he was in for some spanking, his mom had not even spanked him for his suspension and now she was going through his class notes.

He did the most rational thing a seven year old can do, he took to his heels, like no man's business, he wasn't ready for what his mother was going to do to him and that means no football again.

Bright ran after him and soon caught up with him before he made his way outside, she was surprised at her speed, the pulled him and allowed him to face her.

"Start explaining, Jake explain why u can't even spell your name well, tell me why you have all red in your books and am not aware if it, and all those letters your teacher told you to give me are not delivered, Jacob Adams" Bright said using the highest decibels of her voice.

" tell me why am not even aware of all theses in your life, whybu have shut me out of your life when all I have done is to work day and night just to give you a better life"
Her voice was barely above bedroom voice.

"Am sorry mummy, I was afraid that u will beat me like you always do when I Dont do the right thing, am sorry that I disappointed you in school and punched a classmate, am sorry that I kept it from you, I did not want to make you sad the more" Jake said with tears flowing down his cheeks " as from now I promise I will be serious with my book and never hide anything from you again "

"Come here, just come here"
He went to meet his mother.
"Sit down, tell me exactly what the problem is, I know I didn't go to school but at least I was taught how to read and write a little, tell me son, I promise I will help you within all my means even if you have to get a lesson teacher from school"

" I always try to read, but at times the words don't form in mg head, and at time will spell it well and suddenly won't remember how they are spelt "

"Jacob recite the alphabet ABCD....." Bright said suddenly feeling confused about what her son was saying.

"A,B,C,D,E,F,J,K,P,P,P,M,..... I can't remember them, I know it but I can't seem to remember then when I want to say them l know them in my head but I can't just being them out if my head" he said pointing to his head.

"When I try to read I Dont understand them because I don't know what to do, I guess am stupid and dull because that is what my classmates call me"

"No, no,no you are not dull, you are just not reading your book well enough, as from now I will get a teacher that will help you in your studies, and at home we will concentrate in your academics"
" now go and eat your food and come here when you are through, your home lesson starts now"

Bright relaxed on the worn cushion chair in her sitting room, she could almost feel the spring that the chair was made yo if, but she didn't care, where was she going to get money to get a lesson teacher for her son? How will she be able to take care and cope with the school fees, food, most of Jake's clothes were already faded and small. What was she going to do.
*****************************************

It was almost two weeks now and his client had not showed up, he tried calling her but she didn't pick up her calls, now he was beginning to get worried, what was happening to her, is she alright? Is her son okay? What is wrong with her? Was she not interested in counselling again? Why was she avoiding his calls?

He tried to recall their last converdifferences,didn't recall if they had a quarrel.

Okay he was behaving like a frustrated teenage boy but he dint care. He sacrificed his weekends just for her and now, two Saturdays were gone without Bright in it.

He took his car keys and went out of his office, his lecture notes will have to wait, he couldn't write a proper lecture if his mind was disturbed. The reason he was disturbed he was not interested in finding out.

He arrived just few houses to his destination and suddenly began to debate if he was making the right decision, was it part of his work as a counsellor to visit her?

Well am checking on my client, End time himself a thousand time before he eventually stopped his car at the front of the car.

He knocked the door of her house hoping that she was at home, he checked himself again, he was wearing an Ankara long sleeve design with a brown trousers, he was still checking out himself when......

AN: well here we are again at the end if another chapter.
What can I say, am grateful.
Yah, I wanna clear some cultural differences, culture they say is dynamic and that's what make it amazing isn't it?
Aii so here in Africa we believe in beating of children especially if they prove to be stubborn, av gotten my own share of few lashes, but what can I say I love my country and that is all I can say.
Bright is not abusing her child in any way. Phew!!!!!! With that outta my mind. Hope u enjoyed the book so far.
Dont 4get to vote and comment.
Also be blessed....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289 79 19
Excerpt; He saw some benefits in her. Young, beautiful, fair with smooth skin and a desirable body. He brushed the tears on her face away. Innocent...
11.5K 2.1K 44
A story of love between two hearts, struggling to blossom and a family trying to find Christ through all their struggles and dark times. With every o...
12.1K 1.5K 36
There were only two things Summer knew about Christians: that they were hypocrites, and that she wanted nothing to do with them or the God they worsh...
22.8K 3.2K 23
Family may break you, but there are strangers that will walk you through the journey of healing and help you find the light. After the death of Mary'...