Pregnant with the Player's Ba...

By mgalinsky

Brooklyn Davis is the girl not many people notice. Zack Brody is the schools most popular player. He always g... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1: Running Late
Chapter 2: Car Rides
Chapter 3: Party
Chapter 4: Last Night
Chapter 5 Before You Read
Chapter 5: The Morning After
Chapter 6: Morning Sickness
Chapter 7: Appointment
Chapter 8: Nothing Fits
Chapter 9: Relationships and Shopping
Chapter 10: I Want You
Chapter 11: Telling Them
Chapter 12: First Date
Chapter 13: Melissa's Home
Chapter 14: Daddy's Back
Chapter 15: Cars
Chapter 16: Boy or Girl
Chapter 17: House Hunting
Chapter 18: Guess Who's Back
Chapter 19: Zack Cheats?
Chapter 20: Graduation
Chapter 21: Moving Day
Chapter 22: All About Melissa
Chapter 23: Before We Leave
Chapter 24: Melissa's Wedding
Chapter 26: Coming Home
Chapter 27: Yes
Chapter 28: Planning My Wedding
Untitled Part 29
Chapter 29: To be, Or Not To Be, That Is The Question
Chapter 30: Togetherness
Chapter 31: Hello From The Other Side
Chapter 32: Life As We Knew It
Chapter 33: Home
Chapter 34: Away
Chapter 35: Coming Home to You
Chapter 36: Telling Everyone Else
Chapter 37: Start of A New Beginning
Chapter 38: A Test Outside Of School
Note
Epilogue: 5 Years Later

Chapter 25: Telling Everyone

23.6K 517 109
By mgalinsky

Zack POV

After I proposed to Brooke she said she doesn't want anyone to know about the engagement for a few day. It really hurt when she said that but I respect her wishes and I wasn't in the mood of arguing with her, at least not for a while. Some people love to argue with others for the hell of it, but I could never do that.

The sun started peeking through the window so I guess it's about time to get up. I looked up to the alarm clock and read 8:46. As much as I'm not a morning person and there's no school, I have to get up. I rolled over to see my two favorite girls. I looked at Brooke's sleeping face, knowing this is what I'm going to wake up to every morning, and I'm never going to complain about that. God knows how long I've been looking at her but I can't turn away if my life depended on it.

"You know, Staring isn't polite." Brooke mumbled.

"You're now my fiancé, I'm allowed to stare at you as long as I want." I commented with a smirk.

"Ass."

"Aww. You love me."

"Unfortunately."

"Let me cry for you. But first, you have to get your ass out of bed. Someone has a job she needs to get to."

"Whatever."

She waddled to the bathroom and slammed the door. Normally I would be worried but this is our morning routine. As girly as this sounds, I love it. I jumped out of bed and make my way to the dresser. Since I work as a manager, I have to look like a normal person. I picked out a tight, Ralph Lauren shirt that Brooke loves, and some khakis. A few minutes later, Brooke comes out of the bathroom in her favorite white, fluffy towel. The thing I loved about that towel is how amazing it makes her bump look. I love clothes that make her stomach stick out. Knowing that a part of me is growing inside her is an amazing feeling to have throughout a stressful day. She dragged herself to the closet and picked out a white, sun dress, with a brown belt above her bump. She paired the dress with brown, strappy heels. After a few minutes of standing up, her feet are going to be killing her but for some weird reason she keeps wearing them. For the past week, she's been wearing heels and always complaining about how her feet hurt. Hopefully soon she'll learns.

We walked downstairs to eat breakfast really quick before we left. I programmed the Keurig so we can have a nice cup of coffee. Yes, drinking coffee during pregnant is safe if you limit yourself, we talked to the doctor just to make sure. Brooke really didn't want to go cold turkey. While I was doing that, she was making scrambled eggs for the both of us. We ate in silence and when we finished we put the dishes in the sink. Whoever came home first, most the time me, would be responsible for doing the dishes from breakfast. After that we walked out the door and went to our cars and drove to work.

I parked in my usual spot and went inside. I was a little late so there were so customers there already but not many. I went to my office and saw my desk phone blinking, signaling I have a voicemail. I clicked play while I was unpacking my stuff.

"You have two unheard messages. First unheard message. 'Hey sexy, when's the next time we can get together? I miss you and I know you have to miss me. I used to think you were avoiding me but then I realized it's because of you're stupid whore that won't leave you alone. Love you sexy, Ally.'" I pressed delete as fast as I could. Ally normally didn't get to me but calling my fiancé a whore crosses the line with me big time. "Next unheard message, 'Hey son, I know I was going to wait till you're 21 to get the family business but I want to give it to you know. You're mom has been hinting about traveling around the world and not just for business so I think this year I want to retire. We can talk later to figure out all the details. Just call me back. Thanks."

My family has owned Brody Lodges for generations and recently they've been doing business with Hilton. It's put a lot of stress on my father so I understand why he wants to leave. It also wouldn't kill anybody to have the extra money. And Brooke might be able to work there until she can finish school and get a job. Another upside is, I won't have to go to college, I'll talk to Brooke about it later.

I sat down in my desk chair and put my feet up on the desk as I dialed my father's number. Knowing him, it was going to be a long conversation.

"Zack! Good you got my message. What do you think?"

"I think it's a great idea but I need to talk to Brooke first."

"Yeah that's fine. Can you guys come over tonight so we can discuss this?"

"Sure. Brooke and I have some exciting news anyways."

"Ok. See you guys tonight. Bye Zack."

"Bye."

Now that phone call was done, I needed to call Ally. As much as I didn't want to ever hear her voice again, I needed to make it even clearer now that I'm unavailable.

"Hey baby. I actually thought you weren't going to call. Ridiculous right?"

"Not really. I need to talk to you so meet me at Panera at 12:30."

I hung up the phone before I could hear her squeaky voice for any longer. She was ok in bed but I have no idea how I survived her for a year and a half.

I got back to work, trying to take forever so time would seem extremely slow. I was not looking forward to this lunch one bit. I know she's going to be extremely pissed but I have no idea how pissed. And I was not looking forward to learning.

Few hours later, the dreaded lunch approached. I reluctantly got out of my chair and left my office. I turned my car on and drove to the nearest Panera.

I found Ally at a table drinking a green tea. I ordered a frozen mocha because I know I'm going to have a huge headache after dealing with her for half an hour.

I walked over to her table and she actually turned her phone off when she saw me. Normally, she doesn't do that so I was a bit shocked.

"Hey."

"Look we can't talk anymore so I don't ever want to see you or hear from you ever again."

"Why? Oh I know. It's that stupid slut that lives with you, right? You know she's just a slut and I doubt she knows who the father of that baby is."

"Look." I was pissed now. "I don't fucking care about your opinions and that baby is mine. Don't you dare ever call her a slut, whore, or any other name you can come up with."

"She's just a temp you know that right. Soon, you're going to get bored of her and dump her her sorry ass and that stupid baby. Whatever relationship you have now won't be the same in a few years."

"She is not a temp and you know it. You're right our relationship won't be the same in a few years because she's not my girlfriend anymore, she's..."

Ally interrupted me before I could finish my sentence, "I knew it. You would totally get tired of her slutty ways. At least you finally smarted up before it was too late and now we can finally be together without an interruptions."She leaned over, I guess to kiss me. I put my hand on her face and shoved her away from my face.

"First of all, I'm having a baby with her so that would be an interruption and more importantly she's my fiancé and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon. And secondly, don't ever try to kiss me or touch me ever again."

"So? We can still be together while you're with her."

"You're the fucking slut not her. I want you out of our lives and don't you dare ever try getting in contact with any of us."

I jumped out of my seat and swiftly left the restaurant.

***

Finally the day was over and I could go home. On my way I passed Mike. He needed a summer job and since I'm the manager and wanted to teach him responsibility, I gave him the job.

"Hey Zack, you going home to the girlfriend?"

"Of course, but I should tell you that she isn't my girlfriend anymore."

"Are you a fucking idiot?! What the fuck did you do, you moron? And I was starting to think there was a brain starting to form up there."

"We didn't break up."

"I'm so confused right now. What are you telling me?"

"We're engaged. I proposed a few days ago."

"Fucking finally. Congrats to both of you. Wait, why are you telling me this now, not a few days ago?"

"Brooke didn't want to tell anybody for a few days so I have to respect her wishes, no matter how against it I am. So please don't tell anyone."

"Well congrats man. I expect to be in the wedding. Now go get back to the soon-to-be Mrs."

"I plan on it. Thanks Mike."

I got home and finally I wasn't alone. Brooke called earlier saying she was leaving work early so we can tell everyone tonight about the engagement. I couldn't be happier that she was going that for us and our relationship.

"Honey I'm home!" my dad always said that to my mom and I could never understand why he would be so happy saying it but now I know and I love it.

She came running down the stairs as fast as she could and walked into my arms.

"Hey baby. How was your day?"

"Eh. My dad offered me to take his place at the hotel so that's something we need to talk about."

"That's great! If you're looking for my permission, you don't need it. Do whatever you want to do and I'll support your decision 100%."

"You sure? I guess I'll do it since I was going to do it eventually later and we could always use the extra money."

"Yes and we can tell your parents since we're going to their house tonight to tell them about the engagement."

"Right. Let's go I guess."

"Ok. I want to call Tess in the car. I totally forgot to tell her at work."

We walked out to my car and since I was raised like a perfect gentlemen, I opened the door for Brooke.

Brooklyn POV

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Tess. I can already predict how pissed she's going to be that I'm just now telling her. At least she's going to be the first person to know. Zack didn't say he told anyone so I don't think he told anyone.

I dialed her number and put her on speaker so Zack can hear the 'congrats'.

"Brooklyn Davis! She does actually exist! Who knew?"

"Very funny. You're on speaker phone. Zack and I are going to his parents' house and my mom is going to be there."

"Why do you need to go? I mean you only go to both parents house if you have news and you're already pregnant so that leaves you're getting married. You're getting married? You're getting married! Holy shit my best friend in the world is getting married! When? Where? How?"

"Yes we are. He proposed after Mel's wedding on the beach."

"Congrats. Wait. Why didn't you tell me earlier Brooklyn?"

"I wanted my own little secret. I had to tell everyone right away about the pregnancy before I started showing and I wanted one thing to be excited about before everyone else did. Wait how did you guess I was engaged so easily?"

"Zack asked Mel, me, and your mom. And he kept pestering me about how to do it, what ring to get, and so on."

"Thanks doll. It means a lot. Ok we're at his parents' house. I'll talk to you later. Bye"

***

We are now driving home from both our parents' house. To say they were excited wouldn't be saying anything at all. Our mothers would not shut up about the wedding plans. At least with my mom, Melissa calmed her down a bit but that didn't do much. After we left the house, Melissa left so she can go home and get back to Ian.

I turned on the Los Angeles station so it wouldn't be so quiet. We were all talked out after dealing with our parents. Only one by Kanye West started playing

'As I lay me down to sleep

I hear her speak to me

Hello 'Mari, how ya doin'?

I think the storm ran out of rain, the clouds are movin'

I know you're happy, 'cause I can see it

So tell the voice inside ya head to believe it

I talked to God about you, he said he sent you an angel

And look at all that he gave you

You asked for one and you got two

You know I never left you

'Cause every road that leads to heaven's right inside you

So I can say

Hello my only one, just like the mornin' sun

You'll keep on risin' 'til the sky knows your name

Hello my only one, remember who you are

No you're not perfect but you're not your mistakes

Hey, hey, hey, hey

Oh the good outweighs the bad even on your worst day

Remember how I'd say

Hey hey one day you'll be the man you always knew you could be

And if you knew how proud I was

You'd never shed a tear, have a fear, no you wouldn't do that

And though I didn't pick the day to turn the page

I know it's not the end every time I see her face, and I hear you say

Hello my only one, remember who you are

You got the world 'cause you got love in your hands

And you're still my chosen one

So can you understand? One day you'll understand

So hear me out, hear me out

I won't go, I won't go

No goodbyes, no goodbyes

Just hello, just hello

And when you cry, I will cry

And when you smile, I will smile

And next time when I look in your eyes

We'll have wings and we'll fly...

The song was cut off by a stupid commercial. This better be good.

"Breaking news! It has come to my attention that Zack Brody, son of Tom Brody, who owns Brody Lodges, has recently become engaged. Sorry ladies but he is now unavailable. The source said 'shes just a slut who claims her baby is Zack's for the money and he is being stupid and not realizing what she's doing.' It came to the source's attention that Zack was engaged today during lunch when they went out." As each word came out of the speaker, I was getting more and more irated. I can't believe he went out with Ally. I knew this was too good to be true.

"Fuck Zack. Why would you do this?" I sighed. "You know what don't answer that."

As soon as we got home, I ran into our room and locked the door. Zack started banging on the door, demanding I open it, but after a while he gave up.

I walked over to the closet and grabbed a duffle bag. I threw in some stretchy clothes that will fit me for another few months. When I finished, I walked over to the table and looked for a pen and paper to scribble a note for him.

Zack,

This isn't going to work anymore. I'm leaving and I have no idea if I'm going to come back. Please drop off the rest of my stuff at my mom's house. I want to raise this baby on my own and maybe one day you can meet her but I don't know. Just in case you have any doubts, you are her father. I didn't sleep with anyone 6 months prior and you're the only person I've had sex with since I got pregnant. Please don't look, ask, or try to find me. Good luck at your new job.

Brooklyn.

I slipped the ring off my finger and placed it on top of the paper. I grabbed my bag and left the house without another word. Thank god Zack didn't see me leave or he would try everything to stop me.

I drove to Melissa and Ian's house in Seattle since that was the furthest place I could think of.

After driving for almost 24 hours, I arrived at their house. I rang the doorbell and Melissa answered, beyond surprised to see me. She looked down at my left hand.

"Oh baby girl come here." She pulled me into her arms and shut the door behind us.

ps"]}�ϱn�T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445 79 44
"He cheated on you and she cheated on me. Isn't it obvious? There's only one thing left to do." It humiliated me how I was still extremely lost in th...
15.1M 302K 77
| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen Romance | (Undeniably in love with the b...
1.4M 41.8K 52
It only took one night to completely change my life. Jace Hetcher is a rich badboy and a total player. Now I, Chrysanthemum Everston, am having his b...
334K 10.6K 44
One Night that's all it took for Naveen's life to be turned upside down. Naveen had all she wanted and she didn't want anything else. She wasn't pop...