Can't Help It ; Natsu

By mandouyi

[complete] Life was a continuous, repetitive cycle. Things pass, perhaps stopping even a second to wave. Ev... More

1 - Beginning
2 - Photos
3 - Rocks
4 - Angels
5 - Friend
6 - Idiot
7 - Parent
8 - Clueless
9 - Contest
10 - Temptation
11 - Strangest
12 - Progress
13 - Accidents
14 - Afternoon
15 - Choice
16 - Running
17 - Faithful
Surprise! Miss me?
Author's Note
The Time We Spent
I'm Not Suicidal!
Nightmare in My Dreams
Strawberry Jelly Cake
A Wandering Child
Three Loving Words
The Infirmus Heart
Don't Leave Me!
My Other Half-Literally
Date with Him
The S-Class Job
The Fallen Girl
Natsu's Forgotten Presents
Don't Let Me Down
Life's Weird
His Departure is Nearing
Update
You Must Be Joking
A Day Full Of Tears and Grins
Two Weeks And Counting
A Week Left
Nova
Argument
Disbelief
Hospital Recovering Time
Quick Preparations
Fate
Time Together
Trouble-Maker
Hargeon Town
My Favorite- The Ferris Wheel
How About A Family?
Our Sweet Days
Surprise! Like Her?
It's Not Personal, She Says
Rescue Mission!
Lucas's Paper Crane
Well...I Had Drinks with Cana?
Babies Aren't From Stomachs!
This Lady
OH MY LORD
The Child Demands His Baby!
Is Gruvia...A Thing Yet?
The Man Who Laughed
Spying on Juvia and Gray
In Sickness and In Health
Who...Will You Choose?
PLEASE READ
Rin- And Rin
Names
Who Eats and Who Refuses
Dragon Breath
Zoos and Peacocks
Purpura
Hey...I Know You!
The Dusted Cobalt Sky
The Way Back Home
Him- Sick
The Feeling, Dreaded
Worst of Me
Not Actually Serious?
Jealousy and Rage
With My Emotions- Disappear
Our Mixed Relationship- Confusion
Something- Familiar?
Unresolved Problems- The Woman
Rin- Prophecy Child
Consumed- Darkly Matters
As A Team- Together
An Unsteady Feeling- Lost
The One- You?!
My Thoughts- Unfortunate
Half Murderess, Half Daughter
Christmas Special
Silhouettes Against The Wall
Ignis
I Left You
Power Duo
𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

3.8K 152 132
By mandouyi

This special has nothing to do with the story. It has no affect on the plot, and you may choose to skip this chapter if you would like. 

"Everyone-!" 

You rushed into the main hall of Fairy Tail when you heard Levy's screech. "What's wrong, Levy?" You asked, concern lining your words. 

"It's that time of the year! I just read it in one of my books!" 

"What time of the year?" 

"Does she mean it's her time of the month?"

"What's wrong with Levy?"

"Has the shortie finally gone crazy this year?" Gajeel muttered next to you. You had a secretive smile on your face. 

"It's Halloween!" Levy cheered. 

The whole guild was silent. Then, murmurs arose. 

"What's hel-o-ween?"

"I think it's her birthday or something."

"What?" 

Levy tried again. "Halloween is a holiday. There are people who celebrate it overseas! Everyone dresses up as a monster- and they all celebrate it! Let's have a Halloween Party. A party!" 

"What the...?" 

"Mainland people are weird." 

"She's definitely crazy." 

"Gosh, you think we can still fix her?" 

You rolled your eyes at this. "Everyone..." You clapped your hands. "Just listen to Levy for a moment longer, please!" 

She shot a grateful look to you as she continued. "I was thinking...that we could celebrate Halloween, too!" 

Everyone was thinking about her offer. "Can we dress up as anything?" Lucas raised a hand, as if he was in school.

Levy gave him a smile. "Anything!" At this, Lucas turned to you with a big grin on his face. "C'mon, let's do Halloween this year! We're not busy or anything!" 

You looked around the room for Natsu. Catching his eye, you both sent each other troubled expressions. Natsu gave a slight nod, a smile on his face. 

"Sure." You leaned down, and kissed his forehead. Ruffling his hair, affectionately, you smiled down at him. "We can celebrate this year."

Lucas stared up at you, and cheered loudly, his cheeks pink. "I can't wait!" He hurried off to fine Wendy and Romeo.

Almost as if Lucas had turned on a switch, the others murmured to each other and began considering it. 

"What are you doing to dress up as, Gray-sama?" Nearby, you heard Juvia ask. 

"I'm not sure." 

"Hey, Gray-sama! How about we dress up as something- together?" 

You heard Gray grumble. "Do whatever you want." 

The crowd seemed to all be nodding their heads. "Great!" Levy cheered. "I've already asked the mayor if we could have a big celebration." 

The moment you turned away from Levy, strong and muscular arms wrapped around your waist. "Halloween!" Natsu said, gleefully. 

"I forgot to say- Halloween is a special event. You will receive candy!" 

At this, everyone seemed to be happily obliging to her request. They scrambled off in pairs, discussing their costumes. 

"What are you going to be?" You asked the childish Natsu. He gave you a thumbs-up, and put himself into a strange stance. 

"I'm gonna be a dragon!" He cheered. You sighed, smiling. "How predictable." He tilted his head. "(Y/N)..."

"What?"

"What does predictable mean?"

___

You were helping Levy decorate the guild's exterior. Stringing up pumpkin patterns, and cobwebs, you were slightly pale when you reached in the box and pulled out a skeletal hand. 

"Eek!" 

Shrieking, you jumped away from the box. "Levy...why is there a corpse in there?!" You demanded, feeling as if your bravery was running away.

"It's Halloween, (Y/N)!" She called down. "You can't do Halloween without scary things!" 

You shivered and approached the box. "Um...it's fake- right?" 

Levy gave you a scary look. "Who knows?" She asked, creepily. "Anyway- that should be the last one!" She smiled, returning to her normal self. 

You looked off to the horizon. The sun was just starting to set. "Ah...sorry, Levy. I need to leave!" You panicked, and ran off. 

You saw her give you a wave. 

___

"Hey...when did this store suddenly pop up! Overnight?!" Natsu screeched, pointing at a black and scarily decorated store. 

"I'm guessing it's run by foreigners?" You tilted your head. Nearby, Lucas cowered behind Natsu. "Papa..." 

"What?" Natsu turned around. Seeing his son scared, some sort of protective Natsu appeared. "Don't worry, son!" He boasted. 

"I will protect you!" 

You watched as the idiot held his son's hand, and marched into the store. Sighing, you had a smile on your face as you followed them- Rin in your arms. 

The moment you walked in, you were greeted with cold air rushing to you. Nearby, you could hear a distant scream. 

Chills ran down your back and Rin immediately began screaming. "O-oh, no- R-rin!" You hurried back outside, where it was much quieter. 

Cooing to the child, she gradually quieted to the point where she happily was bubbling incomprehensible words. 

Just about ten minutes later, Natsu, with Lucas not far behind him, ran out the store with a bag. He spotted you, and ran. 

"Oh god," he gasped for breath. "That was so weird." Lucas was practically still shaking from the horror. 

"We got costumes!" Lucas crowed, peering in the bag. You tickled Rin's chin. "Oh, really?" You grinned. 

"We got one for you too!" Lucas held up a package. "We have a king costume, a queen costume, and a skeleton costume for me!" 

You grinned. "A queen costume?" Looking at Natsu from the corner of your eye, you echoed, "king costume?" 

He turned red. "I thought...we could go matching." He spluttered. 

You gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I like how you think," you murmured. Natsu turned even more pink. 

"Anyway- we need to hurry!" He grabbed your hand. 

P A R T Y     T I M E

"Ooh, nice costume, (Y/N)-nee." 

You smiled down at Romeo, who was grinning brightly. "Thank you, Romeo. I like your mummy costume." 

Romeo smiled. "Thank you, (Y/N)-nee!" 

Your attention was turned away, when Levy hurried up to you. "Do you like my costume?" She asked, twirling. "I'm a librarian!" 

You grinned. "Cute, Levy." 

"Thanks! I think the queen costume suits you," she complimented. "Lu-chan's wearing a princess costume. Have you seen Gajeel's?" 

You raised your eyebrow. "Oh no, what is Gajeel being?" 

She laughed. "A bear!" 

"A w-w-what!? How?" 

"I convinced him!" She giggled. "It's so cute!" 

You smiled. "Awh, that's cute. I'll find him later." Besides you, Natsu linked your arm through his. "I'm a bit worried about Rin..." 

"Don't worry, Natsu." You smiled at him, sweetly. "We've left her with Plume and Happy before. It's fine." 

"If you say so..." 

You gave him a kiss on the side of his mouth. "You had some chocolate, there." You explained, gazing at him.

Natsu's eyes were filled with love. He leaned in, and covered your lips with his. He tasted like sweet chocolate. 

"You had some chocolate all over your lips." He smiled. You giggled. "I didn't eat chocolate." You gave him another kiss. "But I'll have some now." 

He led you to the refreshments table, where a bunch of plates were neatly laid out. On them, laid delicious-looking chocolates. 

"Please take one, milady." He said, in a foreign polite manner. 

"Did you have too much to drink?" You laughed as you held a chocolate between your fingers. "You're acting different today."

"Just being in-character with my costume." He had a look of mock horror on his face. "Are you saying I'm not always polite?" 

"Well...no, but..." 

"But?"

"I just- it's nice, once a while." You snuggled up to him, your heart almost bursting when his free hand wrapped around your waist, bringing you even closer. 

"Hey- lovebirds." 

You both whipped around, as if you were caught in the middle of a murder. "Gray-!" You squealed. "You're so cute! You and Juvia's costumes are so cute!" 

Gray staggered a step back, covering his face. "I-I need to go to the batheroom." 

Juvia giggled, watching him leave. "Juvia will catch up with Gray-sama later. Juvia only told Gray-sama to wear a suit." 

Juvia had donned a beautiful white and lacy wedding gown. Hers, brought nostalgic of your own wedding. 

"I think it's beautiful," you smiled. "I'm sure you'll be able to wear it for real, one day." 

Juvia blushed uncontrollably. 

Natsu playfully brought a lock of your hair to his lips and kissed it. "Don't forget about me..." He said, wanting attention. 

"You're such a baby." You sighed at him. "Juvia, I'll-"

But Juvia was already waving back at you. "Juvia will find Gray-sama now~! Have fun, (Y/N)-san and Natsu-san!" 

You waved, and leaned backwards onto Natsu's chest. "Tired?" He asked. "Are you kidding?" You smiled up at him. 

"The party barely even started! C'mon," you grabbed his hand, "let's have fun tonight." 

Natsu's eyebrow raised, suggestively. "Tonight?" He echoed. "Later tonight?" His voice dropped to a husky whisper. 

"I'd like that," he murmured in your ear, gently kissing your neck. 

___End of Chapter___

219K Reads| 12.2K Votes| 19.1K Comments

I liked writing this. 

It. Wuz. Fun. 

There were so many questions. I'll answer them in the next real chapter~!

THANK YOU FOR READING ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.7K 2K 26
"Don't you get it?! Can't you see that these... these broken pieces can't be fixed?" Pain gripped your heart, sinking its claws deep down into the fl...
49.7K 731 15
I hope you enjoy this assortment of absolutely adorable NaLu moments!!
6.7K 380 33
❝You don't realize how much you love a person until you are at risk of losing them.❞ ────in which a single night changes Natsu Dragneel's life with...
7.6K 324 14
Natsu Dragneel, the pink haired fire mage from Magnolia in The Kingdom of Fiore takes a quest on his own when his friends departed on a quest without...