Pregnant with the Player's Ba...

By mgalinsky

Brooklyn Davis is the girl not many people notice. Zack Brody is the schools most popular player. He always g... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1: Running Late
Chapter 2: Car Rides
Chapter 3: Party
Chapter 4: Last Night
Chapter 5 Before You Read
Chapter 5: The Morning After
Chapter 6: Morning Sickness
Chapter 7: Appointment
Chapter 8: Nothing Fits
Chapter 9: Relationships and Shopping
Chapter 10: I Want You
Chapter 11: Telling Them
Chapter 12: First Date
Chapter 13: Melissa's Home
Chapter 14: Daddy's Back
Chapter 15: Cars
Chapter 16: Boy or Girl
Chapter 17: House Hunting
Chapter 18: Guess Who's Back
Chapter 19: Zack Cheats?
Chapter 20: Graduation
Chapter 21: Moving Day
Chapter 23: Before We Leave
Chapter 24: Melissa's Wedding
Chapter 25: Telling Everyone
Chapter 26: Coming Home
Chapter 27: Yes
Chapter 28: Planning My Wedding
Untitled Part 29
Chapter 29: To be, Or Not To Be, That Is The Question
Chapter 30: Togetherness
Chapter 31: Hello From The Other Side
Chapter 32: Life As We Knew It
Chapter 33: Home
Chapter 34: Away
Chapter 35: Coming Home to You
Chapter 36: Telling Everyone Else
Chapter 37: Start of A New Beginning
Chapter 38: A Test Outside Of School
Note
Epilogue: 5 Years Later

Chapter 22: All About Melissa

26.4K 573 28
By mgalinsky

Brooklyn POV

                I'm around 6 months pregnant now and summer is pretty much over. I wanted to take some classes at the community college to get some credits out of the way so I wouldn't have to deal with as much work when the baby comes. Zack hated the idea of me doing that since I guess in his mind he wants me to be a stay-at-home mom. I on the other hand will never do that. I want a life outside of this house. I had to quit my job working as a secretary since being on my feet started to hurt. My boss was really nice and treated me well so leaving him was kind of hard but its just a job and I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing favors for people, I want more.

                Melissa gets married in a few weeks so recently it's been all about her. I have tried on so many dresses and I've tasted about 100 different cakes. Don't even get me started on the flowers, Melissa can't decide on one stupid flower so we had to go from nursery to nursery and to every single floral shop in Malibu. Today we are going shopping for dresses. Melissa asked me to be the maid of honor and now I see why they call it a maid. Sometimes I think she forgets I'm pregnant but I don't care because it's all about her.

                Melissa decided she wants to get our dresses from Vera Wang, which I don't get since we are going to wear these dresses only once. The drive to Rodeo took about an hour and to say I was uncomfortable was an understatement. I absolutely love my BMW but I can't get into a comfortable position no matter how I sit. We got to the store and pretty much instantly I was having dresses thrown at me. Melissa and my mom went a little crazy on everything but there was no way I was going to get out of this.

                After a handful of dresses, I went to try them on. First I tried on a blue lace dress. I didn't exactly like how it looked but its not about me.

                I went outside to show Melissa and my mom.

                "Hell no" they said in unison

                And I went back inside the dressing room to try on the other hundred dresses. I tried on about every style, color, length, texture, and anything else imaginable till we came across the last one. It's a long, light blue dress with rhinestones on the fabric that wrap around the neck.

                I went to show them knowing this was the one.

                "Yes. Yes. Yes. I love it. We're getting this one." Knew it.

                We went to pay for the dress and the price was literally a phone number. I can't believe Melissa was going to spend this much money on a dress. We ended up getting a discount because our mom knew Vera and she knew us.

                Next destination was the local floral shop that we always went to when we wanted some color in the house. I used to come here when I was younger and get a few dozen flowers for my room. My room always smelled so good and was always colorful and vibrant. After looking at many roses, Melissa's favorite flower, we chose a bouquet blue roses for Melissa to walk down the aisle with and blue and white roses to be spread out around the place Melissa decides to get married in. you would think she would tell us where she was getting married but for some weird reason she wanted it to be a surprise.

                The final destination was the cake place. My mom picked this one because she has lots of connections. We always came here when we wanted some dessert. And that was very often, not that I'm complaining or anything, I love everything here. Melissa didn't want a chocolate cake, I have no idea why and she wouldn't tell us but she was so against it that we decided to drop it and get the information out of her later.

                One of the last pieces is what caught Melissa's eyes.

                "Ralph, can I try sample M?"

                "Sure. Sweetheart, here you are." He said as he handed over the beautiful plate with a scrumptious cake.

                A few bites later, Melissa made up her mind. "I was this one. No changes to the recipe at all. It tastes just like the dessert we had when we went on our first date and coincidentally the same one we had when he proposed. We need this cake to be in our wedding."

                "Perfecto. Ok Melly, how do you want it to look?" Ralph asked. He always called Melissa Melly and me Lynn. No one ever called me anything like that so it was nice to hear variety of names.

                "What would look best?"

                "Well, we can do a three or four tier cake. We can add white roses and their stems around the cake and pearls around the edges. It would look absolutely beautiful for my beautiful bride." Ralph was our father figure in our lives growing up. We didn't exactly have a dad so that was kind of his job and he loved it. He didn't have any kids but he was married to a plump, Italian woman named Anna. They loved each other but they couldn't have kids so they treated us like we were their kids. I really couldn't imagine my life any differently.

                "That's perfect. Can we go a four tier cake? No one can ever have enough of Ralph's cake."

                "Of course sweetheart. When do you need the cake to be ready by?"

                "Sometime during the week of September 17. That's when we're getting married."

                "Right. I'll have it done by then and I can bring the cake to the reception place if you want since I'm going to be there anyways."

                "Ralph, you don't have to do that, I can always pick it up." Interjected my mother.

                "Emmy don't be ridiculous. You have so much on my plate, let me help you with this wedding."

                My mom sighed it defeat. "Thank you Ralph. I owe you."

                "Nonsense Emily. Just make sure these girls keep visiting me. And this little one comes here all the time and eats some cake." He said pointing to my stomach causing all of us to laugh. "I never had the chance to say it before but congrats Lynn. Anna will be more than happy to watch the little munchkin whenever you need."
                 "Thanks Ralph. I promise to stop by as much as I can and I'll make sure to call when she is going to be welcomed into this world. I couldn't imagine if my favorite people weren't there, with some cake."

                "Funny Lynn. But you call anytime and we will be right by your side."

                "Ok guys we have to get going. Melissa something to do with the wedding planner before it gets late."

                "Bye Davis' come visit!" Melissa and my mom start to leave but I stay back for a few seconds.

                "I have an ultrasound in a few days, would you and Anna like to come?"

                "Of course. We wouldn't miss it for anything in the world. Just let me know the time and where and we'll be there annoying you even before then." I chucked and left.

***

Melissa POV

                My mom dumped me and Brooke at her house since Ian and I were staying there. As much as I love my mom, I want space and privacy. Brooke and Zack are always too busy sucking faces to notice what Ian and I were doing but they were prefect hosts.

                Ian was out with some of his friends that live in Los Angeles so I had most of the house to myself. Brooke and Zack were doing whatever the hell they wanted, I don't know and I really don't care. It's their house so they can knock themselves out in whatever activity they decide to do.

                I went to my bathroom with a small box and took its content out. Ian forgot to bring condoms to California so for as long as I've been here, we haven't been using a condom and I doubt Zack has any since my sister is already pregnant. I'm on the pill but I just want to make sure I'm not pregnant. I don't want to go to my surprise honeymoon spot while pregnant. I peed on the stick and set it down on a toilet paper covered counter. I was anxiously checking Facebook while waiting for the timer to go off. Finally it did and I flipped the stick over. +. Shit. Maybe the test is wrong, that happens a lot. Good thing I bought more than one box so I tried the other ones as well, all positive. Fuck. Many Brooke will know what to do. She's been down this road, except her situation is way more complicated than mine. I mean she's having a baby with her boyfriend that she hated before this pregnancy and they live together but either one of them could walk away whenever they want. There's no engagement or marriage that I see anytime soon. Yeah they love each other but it might not last and I'm not in the mood of watching my sister get hurt.

                I left the bathroom and went to get Brooke.

                "Brooklyn! Put some shorts on I need you!" I shouted when I got to the door. I opened it to see Zack on the bed watching tv and Brooke reading a book.

                "Can I help you?" she asked still staring at her book.

                "Yes. Get up off your ass and come here."

                She reluctantly got up and walked behind me to the bathroom.

                "Melis- holly fucking shit, you're pregnant! Congrats. Our kids will grow up together and not have that big of an age difference. Oh my god this is awesome."

                "I don't know." Brooke looked at me like she wanted to slap me in the face. " I mean, Ian and I agreed we were going to get married but finish college and travel around the world together before having kids;. Yeah I'm happy I'm pregnant but not now. I just wish it was later."

                "What about me? Do you think I'm happy I'm pregnant right out of high school? Can you even imagine how some people look at me? I've been called slut more than I've eaten ice cream in my life. But after all of that I'm happy. I love being pregnant and with the person I love. The timing couldn't be worse but we always make it work. Just be happy. Anna couldn't even get pregnant and they figured that out after more than five years of trying." She paused, obviously pissed. "Just be happy."

                She left the room leaving me speechless and the worst part is she's right. She's my younger sister and is right about something I should be telling her, not the other way around.

E

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 47.6K 50
"Girls, girls, calm down! I don't want to get anyone else here pregnant!" He joked. "Anyone else pregnant?" "Are you saying somebody in this room is...
191K 6.1K 35
"You're pregnant" were the words that changed Brooklyn's life. She was loud and crazy and loved by her peers. Has a twin sister who looks just like h...
334K 10.6K 44
One Night that's all it took for Naveen's life to be turned upside down. Naveen had all she wanted and she didn't want anything else. She wasn't pop...
1.4M 41.8K 52
It only took one night to completely change my life. Jace Hetcher is a rich badboy and a total player. Now I, Chrysanthemum Everston, am having his b...