The Boy In The Box (Newtmas a...

Par jigglypuffing_niall

"You have to stop doing this, Tommy. One day, I won't be able to help you anymore." *** Newtmas au where Newt... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 17

6.1K 256 255
Par jigglypuffing_niall

Thomas' POV

It has been going through my head for a while now, and I can't escape it. I have to stop doing what I am doing right now. It can't stay the way it is, I have to do something. If I don't do something now, my life will go downhill more and more, and now I won't be the only one hurting because of it. I will drag Newt down with me if I don't take action now.

I need to get a job.

Ever since I met Newt, I wanted to change. I wanted to become a better person for him. There is something about him that makes me want to get my life on the rails again and be there for him. For days and days I had been thinking about what I want to do. I have my degree in English literature, but what can I do with that? 

It has been very difficult, finding something that lays in my league, but since a while, there had been this idea in my head. There are a lot of children in America, and a lot of schools. And these kids need to learn English as well, and it'd be great to bring my passion for English literature over to these kids. I want people to learn to appreciate it just like I do. So I thought it'd be a wonderful job to be an English teacher.

I can give them books to read, I can read their essays. I can discover undiscovered writing talents from young teenagers. I can tell them stories, I can make up stories. I can drown myself in the world they create in their stories.

It seems like an incredible job. That's what I wanted to do.

So I started looking things up online. Of course, I will need to go back to school for teacher training, and I'll have to revise from the things I learned up until two years ago when I graduated. Nevertheless it seems like a great thing to do.

Only one problem: I would need money for the teacher training. And that is something I don't have.

I know that if I asked Newt, he would pay for me immediately, but I don't want that. I don't really like the idea of him spending so much money on me. He already did so much for me, and until I get a job, I can't pay him back anything. So I promised myself I wouldn't ask Newt.

Instead, I asked my friends, and, amazing as they are, they all loaned me some money to pay the course. I promised to pay all of them back, and now I finally will be able to do that when I'm a teacher.

Today I looked in my cousin's mailbox, and there it was: a letter from my school. I read it and found out that I can start the course, which will start in two weeks and will take six months. After those six months, I have to do an exam and if I pass that, I officially am an English teacher.

All the time it has taken me to apply to this college and all that stuff, I haven't told Newt anything about it. I wanted it to be a surprise. But since I will start going to school in two weeks, right after Minho's wedding, I think it's time for him to know. I text him:

Thomas: Guess what?

Newt instantly replies. I swear, that dude lives with his phone in his hand.

Newt: What?

Thomas: No, guess!

Newt: I don't know!

Thomas: Come on.. it's something very exciting

Newt: I have no idea Tommy

Thomas: JUST TRYYYY

Newt: BLOODY HELL TOMMY JUST TELL ME

Thomas: Alright, here it comes...

Thomas: ...

Thomas: ...

Thomas: ...

Newt: Tommehh *bored emoji*

Thomas: alright, alright. I'm going to school again. I'm gonna be an English teacher :-)

Thomas: :------)

Newt: OH MY GOD TOMMY THAT'S AMAZING!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU BBY xxx

Thomas: thaaaaanks

Newt: when do you start school?

Thomas: In two weeks, four days after the wedding

Newt: aww that's great Tommy. I'm happy for you

Thomas: Thanks :) 

Thomas: Newt?

Newt: yeah?

Thomas: Thank you

Newt: For what?

Thomas: For being there for me

Newt: aww Tommy, of course

Newt: by the way, Tommy. Do you have a suit?

Thomas: yeah. You?

Newt: Not yet. Do you have time to buy one with me right now?

Thomas: Yeah, I'll meet you in half an hour

Newt: okay, see ya 

Thomas: see ya x

I immediately get ready to go to Newt's place. He's going to need a suit for the wedding, and I will gladly help him find one.

...

"Can I help you?" the nice lady in the shop asks. Newt answers : "I need a suit for a wedding." She asks him a whole load of questions about his size and preferences and he ends up in a fitting room with a ton of suits. I sit outside on a bench while he puts on the first outfit.

He opens the door of the fitting room and walks out in a blue striped tux and an uncomfortable look on his face. I laugh, because he looks kind of cute. 

"Eh... what do you think, Tommy?" he asks.

"Eh... it's alright, I guess..."

"Oh, shut up, Tommy. It's horrible." The lady from the shop butts in: "Yes, sir. It's not completely your style, I suppose. Let's try another one." Newt disappears again in the room and after a few minutes he reappears in a brown suit. I smile.

"Oh, I like this one", I tell my boyfriend. He looks at himself in the mirror. "Yes, this is nice. I like this one too." The woman adds: "This is in fact a good color on you. Would you like to try another one?" Newt nods and gets back in the room.

"Are you almost ready?" I ask when Newt doesn't come out after five minutes. "Almost!" he answers. A few seconds the door opens and my mouth falls open. He is wearing a black tuxedo, with a white dress shirt and a black tie. Black Italian shoes make the finishing touch. He looks so incredibly good. The most handsome man I've ever seen.

My  cute little Newt that is so familiar with me is almost gone. Almost. He is replaced by an incredibly hot guy who looks ready to do things to me. And honestly, I kind of like that replacement. I will always be a big fan of my cute Newt, but this version of Newt can knock on my door every day.

"Eh... y-you l-look... eh." A disappointed look flashes across Newt's face? "You don't like it? I thought this one looked pretty good." I look at him shocked. 

"What do you mean, 'don't like it'? Newt. You. Look. So. Good. So fucking hot." Before I know it I stand up and crash my lips on Newt's. I kiss him roughly, not able to contain it. I hear the shop lady faintly cough: "Uh... I'll let you two be", causing me to pull away blushing. Newt laughs and says: "Alright. I think I'm going to buy this one."

"I think you should definitely buy this one", I say professionally. He changes back in his own clothes and we go to the cash register. Newt pays the lady, who seems very giggly, yet somehow uncomfortable seeing us, and we thank her.

"Thank you. Have a nice day", she says before we leave. We say the same back and Newt tells me when we're outside: "Thank you for coming with me. Do you want to come to my place?" I nod happily and we go to his apartment. 

In just a few days we are going to Korea. I am going to meet the famous Minho and I'll spend a whole weekend with my Newt. And I honestly can't wait.

It's going to be great. Nothing can go wrong.

***

Guess who's back... back again...

It's me :----)

ok no I don't do noses 

:)

How ya doin'? I am so so sorry that I couldn't update this story for who-knows-how-long, but now I'm back and I have a whole week of vacation ahead of me! Although teachers suck (I've got soooo much work to do before school starts on the 9th) I still have some time left to actually enjoy my vacation. And I am starting to be less sick than I was before, so that's positive too. 

All these things mean that I might be able to write a bit again. It won't go as fast as before bc I as I said before, I don't have any chapters pre-written left, so you'll just have to go with the flow.

I'm just gonna go on for a while but you can totally skip this whole authors note, alright. But ohmyfuckinggod yesterday I finally had the chance to go and buy Sounds Good Feels Good and it's so good I'm so in love with all the new music. If you've heard it: Do you like it? Do you hate it? TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!! And if you haven't heard it: you should totally listen to it.

And if you don't like 5 Seconds of Summer: You should totally listen to it too.

And if you have never heard of 5 Seconds of Summer: On what planet do you live?

Anyway, BUY SOUNDS GOOD FEELS GOOD

Okay. That's about it I guess. If you actually read all this: thank you, you are amazing. Thank you for reading my story and I love you

oh and by the way: HAPPY HALLOWEEN :)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

66K 1.6K 14
The maze runner x teen wolf (Newtmas) The gladers are back, they came home. After 3 year of being missing they all came home. Stiles/ Thomas is still...
86.7K 5K 25
newt is a reserved british boy with a past worth escaping // thomas is a track star who also excells academically // the glade university seems like...
427K 8.9K 129
Pretty much just a bunch of preferences for the best maze runner boys ❤️ -Gally -Newt -Minho -Thomas I don't own these characters Warning: There may...
79.2K 2.8K 15
thomas is a normal high school kid ,,, well somewhat normal ,,, he's eighteen, in his senior year and sorta a social outcast ... oh yeah and he's spi...