Everything Has Changed (Super...

By jeonwonussi

Reika was supposed to have a peaceful vacation in Seoul. She was supposed to just grab a cup of coffee from a... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 - Final

Chapter 34

5K 159 31
By jeonwonussi

Chapter 34

Reika’s POV

It was a Saturday and Reika finally had a day off from work. She wanted to relax and have some time with herself. She glanced at her surroundings. Everytime she plans to have some alone time, some dorks would just turn up on her door to drag her off somewhere. It was becoming a habit and she’s kind of tired of it.

It was already near noon and no one still knocked on her door. She heaved a sigh. They were probably too busy to bother her today. It was a nice day outside. She decided to eat out for lunch so she grabbed her car keys and met up with Nico in the parking lot.

She had no place in mind and was just driving around the city when she passed by Mouse Rabbit. It was owned by Yesung’s family. She remembered that she promised him that she would visit there if she had time. Reika stopped her car. She said earlier that she’s tired of dorks turning up on her doorstep but there she was, going straight to where one of them was probably in. Oh well, Yesung was tolerable than the others. Well, kind of.

When she stepped inside, there were a lot of people around but not as many as that time she went to Tous Les Jours. So Yesung wasn’t there because if he was, she’s sure the shop would be bursting with people. She ordered some bread to eat and tea and sat in one of the corners near the window. What a lovely day that is.

She took out her phone and read an ebook. Lately, she was too occupied with work and other stuff so she hadn’t read some books. She decided to finish the Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan before she gets her hands full again with work.

Reika was almost through with it when someone sat from across her. She looked up and had to think for a few seconds who it was. It was Yesung. He was wearing dark-colored sunglasses and a cap that’s lowered on his face. He probably doesn’t want to be recognized.

He smiled. “Your tea’s almost empty. Want to order another one?”

“Yesung-ssi. I’ll get another one later.” She put down her phone. “You just arrived?”

“No. I’m here since morning. I even saw you come inside. I was just at the secluded part there at the back. I just want to see things for today so I don’t want to attract too much attention.”

“I see. The place is nice, especially the menu. I hope it gets more successful in the future.”

“Thank you. You don’t have work for today?”

She shook her head. “Finally.”

Yesung chuckled. “So I guess we’re stressing you out. How are the designs going? Is mine done already?”

“I’m still working on it. I’ll let you guys know if I’m done with everything. So, it’s your day off, too?” She asked.

“Yep. We members have the weekend off.” He paused for a moment. “It’s kind of strange that Donghae didn’t ask you out today.”

She frowned. She remembered last night, when he left her with that stupid Kyuhyun. She’s getting irritated again by the memory of it. “Actually, I’m very thankful that they didn’t bother me today.”

Yesung laughed. “I think they were still sleeping when I left the dorm. Most of us are really worn out these days.”

“Really? Donghae didn’t seem like it.”

“He’s the most energetic out of all of us. I don’t know where he gets all that energy.” Yesung’s phone rang. “Excuse me for a moment, I’ll just take this.”

“Sure.” When Yesung left, she continued reading the ebook. After a few moments, Yesung went back.

“Reika-chan, do you have something to do tomorrow?” He asked when he sat down.

“No. I’m still off from work. Why?”

“Can I ask a favor?”

“What favor?”

“I’m going to attend a wedding tomorrow. Can I ask you to be my companion?” Yesung looked hopeful.

Reika thought for a while. Sure, she had time to spare but is it okay to be with Yesung in public? The press might be there and she doesn’t want to be exposed in rumors again.

“Don’t worry; it’s a private celebration so there’s no press.” He said, as if reading her thoughts. “And we’ll go as just friends, of course. I’m not interested in being entangled with the love triangle with you and Donghae-a and Kyuhyun-a.” He laughed.

“There’s no such thing.”

“Okay. So then, we’ll go? I’ll get your dress ready, too. I have a good sense in fashion.”  He winked.

“Hmmm.. okay.” Attending a wedding can be a good way to kill time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesung fetched her at her suite before noon that Sunday. He said that they didn’t need to attend the ceremony so they went straight to reception area. It was held in a large private house with a very wide garden area with a lot of blooming flowers around. She wondered how they managed to have flowers blooming since it’s still winter. Maybe it was artificial. But all in all, it was a lovely place.

“Thank you for coming with me today, Reika-chan. I was right, the dress suits you perfectly. You’re really beautiful.” He said to her.

“Thank you, Yesung-ssi.”

They greeted the newlyweds which seemed to be Yesung’s long time friends. They seemed so happy in love. Reika wondered when she’ll be able to marry.

“Well, tomorrow’s the 31st and if you just kept the promise with Donghae, you’ll be as happy as them.” That stupid voice in her mind said.

She shook the voice off her mind. It was really annoying. She and Yesung sat on a wide table with a lot of other vacant chairs.

“Don’t you think we should sit on a smaller table?” Reika asked him.

“No. It’s good for all of us.”

All of them? She was about to ask him if he had more friends to arrive when Yesung suddenly said. “Oh, they’re here.”

She looked towards the direction Yesung was looking at and her jaw dropped to see that it was the other Super Junior members, including the two other ones she had been dreading to see.

“You didn’t tell me the other members were coming.”

“Well, you didn’t ask.” Yesung feigned innocence. She kind of expected this.

“You’re here early, hyung! You didn’t tell us you have a date, and it’s even Reika-chan!” Ryeowook said to him.

“I forgot to tell you.” Yesung laughed.

“Reika-chan! Why are you with Yesung hyung? You should’ve just come with me.” Donghae pouted.

Reika ignored him. She was still mad at him for that stunt on the other night. Really, she feels so insulted being stood up and passed on like that.

The members settled on their seats. Donghae sat beside her but continued on ignoring him. She looked around the table. Shindong was with a pretty girl and the girl smiled at her. It was probably his fiancé, Nari. Reika smiled back. When she saw who was across her, she wanted to change her seat. How could she eat properly if there’s Kyuhyun in front of her? She got even more alarmed when he saw her looking at him. Reika looked away but she can still feel his stare on her.

The food was served and they started eating. She noticed that they were the noisiest table in there. These guys are acting like kids again.

“Reika-chan, hey, can’t you hear me?” Donghae poked her arm.

She continued eating her salad. Ignore, Reika, ignore. She told herself.

“Are you still mad at me for that night? It was a really urgent matter.”

Well, it really seemed like he had to go. She was actually mad at another person who just cut her off when she was about to ask something important. But things wouldn’t have turned out that way if Donghae didn’t leave her with him so it was still partly his fault.

Donghae’s persistence was really rubbing her off now so she decided to acknowledge him again. “Please let me finish eating in peace first.” She said to him.

“Waaa, you talked to me!” There goes his boyish smile again. “Okay. Enjoy your food, Reika-chan.”

So Reika continued to eat, but she observed that the other members can eat properly. Every now and then, some of the guests would approach their table and ask for a picture. As accommodating as the members are, they let the fans. One of the cons of being an idol star.

After dinner, the newlyweds said something to everyone and thanked them for celebrating with them. There were the usual stuff they do in the reception and then the first dance was started by the couple. Soon, the other couples followed.

“May I have this dance with you, my lady?” Donghae offered his hand to her.

“Not so fast, Donghae-a. The date’s first.” Yesung said to him and turned to her. “May I?”

Reika nodded and took Yesung’s hand, leaving Donghae looking like an abandoned puppy.

They started dancing. “The look on his face was priceless.” Yesung laughed.

“You didn’t really plan to tell me that they were coming, huh, Yesung-ssi?” She asked.

He smiled. “Well, you might not come if I told you Donghae would be here.”

“Not really.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll let you dance with him after this.”

She rolled her eyes. “As if I have another choice. He’ll just keep on insisting for me to dance with him.”

“Hmmm.. or would you rather dance with Kyuhyun-a next? I can feel his deathly glare on me now.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Really? I don’t see a reason why he won’t like you dancing with me.”

“So you don’t know yet?”

“Know what?”

Yesung looked at her for a few moments then shook his head. “Nothing. Never mind that. Well, I think it’s time to change partners. Donghae’s coming this way. That impatient guy, really.”

And so, her next dance was Donghae. “Reika-chan, have I told you already that you’re really beautiful now?”

“Countless times.” She sighed.

Donghae smiled. “Well, I just feel like staring at you for the rest of my life.”

She felt her cheeks flush. “That’s totally creepy.”

He laughed. “But earlier, you were still mad at me for last Friday, huh?”

“It’s rude passing a girl to someone else so abruptly.” She scowled at him.

“I’m sorry for that. But, you enjoyed your time with Kyuhyun-a, right?” There was a hint of sadness in his voice.

“Not even close. You know we don’t get along that well.”

“Really? I think you two are pretty close already.”

Reika looked directly at him. “Donghae, what are you doing?”

“Dancing with you.”

“I don’t mean that, idiot. Are you pushing me away? Pushing me, perhaps, towards Kyuhyun-ssi?”

“I don’t get what you’re talking about.” Donghae averted his gaze away from her.

“So, after all this time, you’re giving up on me?”

“No, it’s not like that, Reika-chan. I just want you to be sure of your feelings. Even if it can mean that.. I’m not the one you will choose in the end.”

Reika stared at him for a long time then scoffed. “I didn’t expect that the time will come that you will get a little mature.”

Donghae smiled sadly. “I just want you to be happy. So, I hope you can forgive me for doing this again.”

She looked at him questioningly. “Doing what again?”

Reika didn’t have enough time to react when Donghae suddenly spun her around so fast. She thought she was going to fall. Good thing, someone caught her and held her arms. Her heart almost jumped out when she saw that it was Kyuhyun. He looked as surprised as her.

“Enjoy your dance.” Donghae said before walking back immediately to their table.

Reika moved away from Kyuhyun but then saw that they were still in the middle of the dance floor. It would be awkward if they just stood there so she was about to get back, but then she heard Kyuhyun speak.

“I was just going to get a drink, but..” Kyuhyun set his eyes on her and held out his hand. “Can I have this dance, Miss Mizakuchi?”

Reika doesn’t know how her heart could beat a million times faster than usual. She knew she was blushing now because of the way Kyuhyun looks at her. So with her shaking hand, she gave it to him and they set off in a slow dance.

She tried hard not to look at him because she worried it might give her away. Those warm emotions just keep rushing to her. It was kind of stupid since it’s not her first time dancing, but she was really nervous. Kyuhyun just seemed unfazed of what was happening.

“You look so tense.” He commented.

She continued to stare at anywhere but him. “I think I’m just tired from dancing.”

“You only danced with two people.”

“You were watching?” Was he observing her the whole time?

“Not really. I was just looking around.”

Reika didn’t know what else to say so she kept quiet. It was a very awkward silence.

“Do you have any idea how beautiful you are that it makes me want to take you away from here?” He said quietly.

Reika felt like screaming. Why would he blurt out things like that all of a sudden? It was very bad for her heart. “Stop joking around like that.”

“If you will just look at me now, you’ll know I’m serious.”

She decided against it. Who knows what she’ll see in his eyes? But what if it is what her heart wants to see? So she looked up at him.

As soon as she did so, she knew it was a wrong move. She can’t take her eyes off him now. It was like she was seeing him for the first time. His eyes were looking so gently at her and it was like they were the only ones in the room. At that time, she was slowly realizing something.

“I’m sorry if I was a jerk the other night.” Kyuhyun apologized.

She almost forgot about that. She was still mad at him one moment ago, but at that time, it seemed that everything has changed. “It’s alright.” She just said.

“That thing that you want to know, I think I really want to tell it to you right now.” His voice was serious.

This was what she had been waiting for. Will he tell her what her heart wants to hear?

Just when Kyuhyun was about to open his mouth to say it, the music stopped. That means the dance has ended and the MC was on the stage now to say something. She heard Kyuhyun silently curse and said “Let’s just go back for now.”

It was such a letdown. Well, maybe the odds weren’t in her favor today. When she went back to the table, Donghae was looking at her in a strange way. She raised an eyebrow at him but he just shook his head and looked down.

“Donghae? Are you alright?” She asked.

“Yeah.” He smiled but Reika knew he was just faking it. “I think I just ate too much, that’s all.”

She nodded though she didn’t believe him. Wait, was he watching her with Kyuhyun? Reika felt a tug in her heart. Oh no, she hurt him again. But then, he was the one who planned that, right? Reika looked around the table and noticed that Kyuhyun wasn’t there. She still wanted him to say what he was about to say.

Reika saw that the other members were talking with the people around. A few moments later, she saw Yesung walking back towards them. When he got closer, he said, “The newlyweds have a problem.”

“What is it?” Donghae asked.

“Well, there’s supposed to be people who are going to perform a song but sadly, they can’t make it. It’s a duet. The guy’s part is already okay, but then they still need a girl. Do you know anyone in this party that can take the place? I’ve been trying to contact girls from our agency who are nearby.”

“I think we got the problem solved.” Donghae said casually. “Reika-chan has a great voice, too.”

Reika glared at him. Well yeah, she used to sing when she was younger but she didn’t do much now. She didn’t really like the attention. “I can’t. It’s been a long time since I sang in public.”

“Come on, Reika-chan. I want to hear your voice again. Please?” Donghae pleaded.

“Please, Reika. Even just this once.” Yesung said.

“Can’t you guys just sing another song? I’m sure the audience will love it more.”

“It’s the bride’s favorite song. And it’s supposed to be sang by a man and a woman.  So please?” Yesung pleaded.

Reika sighed. Okay, she will tolerate it this one time. “Fine.” She stood up.

“Yes! Let’s go there now.” Yesung handed her a music sheet.

“Reika-chan, fighting!” Donghae called after her.

She was thankful that she had heard the song before. It was “Is It Love?” By Park Sae Byul. “We had sung this song before, too. But I think one guy and one girl is fine.” Yesung said.

“I see. So you’re going to sing the man’s part?”

“No. I’m not in condition to sing today because of what I ate earlier.” He chuckled.

“Oh, so who’s it going to be? Wookie-a?” Well, they were SJ’s main vocals.

“Not him.”

Reika frowned and then she realized it. There were three main vocals in SJ. So it must be…

“Kyuhyun-a’s preparing now. So you two just talk it over and I think it’s about to start in three minutes. Good luck.” Yesung gave her a knowing smile and was suddenly gone without letting her say anything.

“You can sing, Reika?” Someone asked behind her.

She turned around and sure enough it was Kyuhyun. She still felt awkward after their dance earlier. “A little.”

“Make sure you don’t embarrass me.” He teased.

So he was back to his annoying self again. Was the Kyuhyun back on the dance floor just her imagination?

“Shut up.” She just said, thought she was really nervous.

Three minutes was more than enough time for her to memorize the lyrics of the song so when the MC called for them, she was ready. Maybe. When she went on stage, there were two seats and a keyboard. So Kyuhyun was going to play, too. She sat down and looked at the audience. They were eagerly waiting. The newlyweds looked excited for it. The Super Junior members were.. looking at them teasingly. Except Donghae. Okay, what was she supposed to do here again?

Just then, she heard the cue. Reika looked at Kyuhyun and he began to play. And so, she started to sing. (A/N: Super Junior KRY performed this song last time with Park Sae Byul. It’s a really nice song so you better listen to it. Here’s the link ;) : )

Na u-seu-mi ma-na-jeot-ttae-yo chin-gu-deu-ri geu-rae
Na bi-mi-ri ma-na-jeot-ttae-yo sa-sil a-kkyeo-dun geo-ryo
Nae-gen neo-mu teuk-ppyeol-han geu-dae
Se-sang-ui mo-deun no-rae-wa su-ma-neun sa-rang yae-gi-deu-ri
U-ril wi-hae jon-jae-ha-neun geot ga-ta geu-dae-neun eo-tteon-ga-yo

(My friends say that I’ve started to laugh or smile more

My friends say that I have a lot more secret

To be honest I’m cherishing them

You are special person to me

All the songs and love stories exist for us

What do you think I feel?)

Reika felt nervous at first but then Kyuhyun looked at her as if telling her that she’s doing well.

Sa-rang-in-ga-yo I want you to feel just like me
I-nyeo-nin-ga-yo I want you to feel the same about me
Hok-ssi cha-ja-on seol-le-i-me geu-jeo ban-ga-un-ga-yo
Geu-dae-do na-wa ga-teun kkum-deu-reul kku-na-yo

(Is this love?

I want you to feel just like me

Is this fate?

I want you to feel the same about me

Are you pleased by the happines that has found you?

Do you dream the same dream as me?)

When Kyuhyun sang his part, his gaze changed. It was the same as the one he had when they were still dancing earlier. Her heart was racing again but it was a very good feeling.

Do you know how much I think about you?
Do you know how much I love you?

Deol-keong-geo-ri-neun ji-ha-cheol sa-ram ma-na-do jo-a
Kkok gam-chwo-dun me-si-ji han beon du beon il-kko tto il-kko
Eo neu-sae oe-wo-beo-rin geol
Meo-mut-kkeo-ri-myeo nae son jap-tteon pyo-jeong gye-sok tteo-ol-latto han-cham dong-an si-reop-ssi ut-tta-ga gwaen-hi deo geu-ri-wo-jeot-jjyo

Sa rang-il-kka-yo I want you to feel just like me
I-nyeo-nil-kka-yo I want you to feel the same about me
Geu-dae dwin-mo-seup sa-ra-jil ttae-kka-ji ba-ra-bo-ji-man
Beol-sseo geu-dae u-seu-mi geu-ri-wo-ji-ne-yo

(Do you know how much I think about you?
Do you know how much I love you?

It’s fine if there are many people in the rattling subway

I read and re- read the message that I had kept hidden

Before I knew it, I had memorized it

I still remember your hesitant face expression

When you took of all my hand

I laughed nonsensically

Because of that I longed for it even more

Is this love?

I want you to feel just like me

Is this fate?

I want you to feel the same about me

Are you pleased by the happines that has found you?

Do you dream the same dream as me?)

“Ah.. what is this?” She thought to herself. The lyrics of the song.. it’s as if it was voicing out what she really feels right now.

Hok-ssi a-kkeumdu-ryeo-wo-ji-na-yo
Gin ja-me-seo kkae-myeon mo-deun ge kku-mil geon-man ga-ta
Nam-mol-lae bam-sae-wo gi-do-ha-na-yo geu-daen eo-tteon-ga-yo

Haeng-bo-kan-ga-yo I want you to feel just like me
Haeng-bo-kan-ga-yo I want you to feel the same about me

(Are there times when you feel afraid?

That when you wake up from a long sleep, this would all be just a dream

Do you stay up all night praying without others knowing?

What do you think I feel?

Are you happy?

I want you to feel just like me

Are you happy?

I want you to feel the same about me)

And the way Kyuhyun sings, it’s like he was singing it directly to her.

Geu-dae-do na-cheo-reom ha-ru-ha-ru-ga gam-sa-han-ga-yo
U-ri ham-kke sum-swi-neun o-neul-kkwa
Da-ga-ol nae-il geu mo-deun geo-si
Geu-dae-wa ham-kke bin-na-neun geo-seul a-na-yo

(Are you thankful like me for every single day?

The days we breathe together

The days that will come and everything

Do you know it will be bright because you are with me?)

At that moment, the pieces were now laying out like completing a puzzle. She felt stupid for taking too long to finally figure it out.

Do you know how much I think about you?
Do you know how much I love you?

The song ended and the audience gave a round of applause. But all that she had in mind was one thing that she realized. Her feelings were clear to her now.

Reika Mizakuchi was unfathomably in love with Cho Kyuhyun.

*End of Chapter 34*

A/N: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! So she is sure right now. She had fallen in love with Kyuhyun. Weee~ :))

But this doesn’t mean that she’ll end up with Kyuhyun. The story’s not over yet. Kekeke~ :DDD I don’t like hurting Donghae, too. :(

I think this is the longest chapter so far. Hahaha. Well, because I don’t think I can update soon enough. My schedule with work is going to be hectic this week. :/ But please wait! :D

I wrote a lot of Yesung’s lines here because I’m going to miss him so much. Tomorrow’s May 6 so it’s the time for him to enlist in the army. Best of luck, Yesung Oppa! :’)

Thank you so much for reading! Please keep supporting this story and our Super Junior! :]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 779 31
Y/N moves to Seoul to pursue her dream of teaching English overseas. She wasn't planning on having a roommate; especially a hot, grumpy male roommat...
12.2K 1.1K 31
Minjeong liked quiet. She wasn't one to start conversations with people she didn't know, generally on the reserved side. However, when the barista o...
25.2K 698 42
Minyoung had always dreamt of a life like in those fairytales ; even after everything one had been through, there's always happily ever after. She be...
3.9K 138 20
He dimly remembered his childhood best friend, when he took a trip to Thailand for three years. He remembered leaving her, all for the sake of his ca...