Awake• 3rd book

By Sammyiams

Book 3 to the Shawn Mendes trilogy Book 1: Alone Book 2: Memorable What happens after Claire wakes up? More

Updating
Sneak Peak
Chapter 1: Officially Awake
Chapter 2: Welcome Back
Chapter 3: Planning
Chapter 4: Ordinary
Chapter 5: My Prince Charming
Chapter 6: Truce
Chapter 7: This is New
Chapter 8: Morning
Chapter 9: Central Park
New Characters/ News
Chapter 10: Trip
Chapter 11: Learning Something New
Chapter 12: Fans
Chapter 13: Food
Chapter 14: Home
Chapter 15: Realization
Chapter 16: Thoughts
Chapter 17: Having Peace?
Chapter 18: Finding The Dress
Chapter 19: The Perfect Dress
Chapter 20: Tell Me
Chaper 21: The Right Kind
Chapter 22: Hello
Chapter 23: Finding a Way
Chapter 24: It's Okay
Chapter 25: Not Understanding
Chapter 26: Rough Morning
Chapter 27: Don't Be Afraid
Chapter 28: Come Back
Chapter 29: Her Type of Friends
Chapter 30: Talks with the Cousin
Chapter 31: Too Much
Chapter 32: Comfort
Chapter 33: Help Me
Chapter 34: Small Talk
Chapter 35: In my Dreams
Chapter 36: Protection
Chapter 37: Figuring it Out
Chapter 38: Sudden
Chapter 39: Change in Mood
Chapter 40: Dramatic?
Chapter 41: The Plan
Chapter 43: I Want You to Stay
Chapter 44: Ontario
Chapter 45: Confused
Chapter 46: Seminar
Chapter 47: Her Test
Chapter 48: Beautiful
Chapter 49: Perfect Night
Chapter 50: Guaduation Day
Authors Note

Chapter 42: For Claire

12K 390 342
By Sammyiams

•Do you play or have you played any musical instruments or in a music ensemble?

Awake ~42

Claire Johnson

He told me to tell my cousin and everyone here that everything wasn't working out. That I wanted this just so we didn't have everyone behind our back trying to kill one another if they take sides. Reading Shawn's tweets hurts the most honestly.

@shawnmendes: we're broken up, done with this relationship

@shawnmendes: I'm done with it

I hate this so much. I told him I'd figure how to deal with stupid hate and he chooses to go along with Taylor. Except he was serious. I sit on the swing bench alone as my Twitter and everything goes crazy. I read a few.

Awe, but I shipped you two a lot 😟 @clairejohnson @shawnmendes

I hope you guys stay friends. You guys seemed so happy together @shawnmendes @clairejohnson

Yes! Finally Shawn realizes that this girl isn't right for him. This is probably the best day of my life @shawnmendes @clairejohnson

I put my phone away wiping tears and see Sam slowly coming to me. I can't believe he'd pick protecting me over my heart. I'm thoughtful that he was thinking about me, but at the same time, I'm an emotional mess. I need him and now he pushes away.

I see the back door open and see my cousin and G coming through. I slowly stand up putting on a small smile. Once they see me, their smile gets even bigger.

"Hello cousin," Jack say with sympathy.

"Hey," I say softly.

"Heard about the breakup," G says in the same tone. "I had no idea you two were back together today?" My cousin gives him a glare.

"It wasn't really working out," I say looking down, because Taylor had to ruin it. I don't get what is his problem. This is all his fault.

"Awe, will you still be able to go to McGill to tour and stuff?"

"Yeah," I shrug.

"Alright. Well if you ever need anything. We're here for you Claire."

"Thank you," I half smile. He leads me inside. I look up and I see three smiling familiar faces. "Lox, Jacob, Aaron," I half smile walking over to them. I hug them all and they join in.

"It has been forever," Mahogany says to me.

"Definitely." We all pull back. "Thank you guys for coming."

"We've missed you," Jacob smiles.

"Like a lot," Aaron says.

"Awe," I say and hug the two of them. I then pull back. We all make our way outside. Mahogany takes my hand and leads me back outside. I instantly smell the food and we take plates and pass them around. I grab a burger bun my meat, some chips and make my way over to the bench where Aaron is with his food. "Hey Aaron."

"Hey," he smiles and I sat down.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing pretty good. I'm glad to be here with you guys and missing a little bit of school."

"That must be nice. Ready for summer I bet?"

"Yeah. Definitely. I'm really excited for Digi Fest. Your cousin and Jack are the head of the tour. You're going to be at the events this summer, right?"

"I think I am. I have to ask them more about it." We talk for awhile until I'm done eating. I look around to see everyone talking amongst someone or a group. Shawn is talking to Jacob and he smiles a little as he nods his head to something. He's doing this for you Claire. I look away and see Aaron has caught me staring. "Sorry," I say.

"It's alright. I uh... I'm sorry about everything that goes on." I look down at my empty plate.

"I think I'm going to my room early," I say quietly. "It has been a really long day."

"Okay. If you ever need anything. I'll be here."

"Thanks Aaron," I say getting up and give him a small wave before making my way inside earning a few stares. I throw my things away and make my way upstairs to my room. I go into the room I've slept on the one night when I first came here before going to Florida with my Cousin and G.

I quickly change into something comfortable and walk over to my bag to grab my journal I then go over to the bed to get under the covers. I might as well go on to Twitter. I see some of the responses fans have said to Shawn's tweets earlier because it's trending.

No one understood why you dated her. You lasted a little while and now she's just history. Never liked her in my opinion @shawnmendes

She probably only wanted you for attention Shawn. I'm glad you realized that and moved on from her (: @shawnmendes

THEY'RE OVER! YES!!! @clairejohnson @shawnmendes

Thank god Shawn. I never liked her. I only support what you wanted. @shawnmendes

My eyes water. I guess I shouldn't have went on here. I still somehow get hate, but I guess Shawn made his tweet sort of on the 'wow, im so glad this is over'. Just looking at his tweet makes it feel like he's meant it. I know he doesn't, but it does. It stings really.

I start to wipe my eyes a little and decide to tweet for myself.

@clairejohnson: one can never truly be happy

@clairejohnson: I lost people who actually meant a lot to me 😔

@clairejohnson: hold on to the memories because you don't know when they just become a distant picture 😪

@clairejohnson: being hated by people is something I'm used to and I wish I didn't have to say that, but it's true

I plug my phone in and quietly cry to myself as I open up my journal to a new page. A page I'll write about the pain and the emptiness.

Nash Grier

We all watched as she went inside and Aaron comes over to me with a sigh of defeat.

"She's upset Nash," he says to me. "It's really sad to see a girl to be so sad like that."

"I know," I say keeping a conversation and taking my phone out to send a message to Johnson.

Me: Should I go up there to see if she's okay?

Johnson: yeah, I was thinking about the same thing myself. I'm really worried for her Nash and I don't know how I can help her. After whatever Cam said to her and Shawn telling everyone about them breaking up? I thought he cared?

Me: He does care. Trust me he does. It's uhh... Screw it. I need to talk to you, G and Sam, but without everyone wondering what we're doing.

Me: meet us in the basement

I put my phone away excusing myself from Aaron and made my way inside and down into the basement where the air mattresses are. I start to pace back and forth as I wait for them. Moments later, they all come down.

"So what do you want to tell us?" Johnson says.

"We need to help Shawn and Claire for their sake," I say.

"How exactly do we do that?" G asks. "Shawn's made it pretty clear that they're done and things didn't work out."

"That is a freaking lie that both Claire and Shawn just made up before you got here. They are deeply in love and Taylor, the crazy ass had to go and ruin everything."

"What do you mean Taylor 'had to ruin it?' " Sam asks frowning.

"He talked to Claire on the phone a few hours ago telling her to have Shawn stay away from her or something or he'd post something viral for everyone plus Shawn to see. So she came to me and Shawn. Apparently Shawn said something about he didn't want her to get hate about this so that's why they made up why they weren't working out well."

"That son of a bi-" G says angrily.

"I will go after him right now," Sam says angrily.

"This is not okay," Johnson says.

"I will fly down to them and ki-"

"We weren't supposed to know about this," I say interrupting. "He said i-"

"He'll what?" G says fuming. "I will get him arrested if I have to. He can not do this to Claire. I don't give a damn for any reason. Claire does not deserve any of this shit."

"Claire and Shawn are going to get back together. I'm not letting her go with him for a week on her college tour if he's going to be like that. He does not have to act along," Johnson says. "Go get him right now."

"Bu-"

"Nash get him! My cousin is probably freaking stressed out and heart broken over this! I'll be in her room and you guys can talk to him." We both agree with his plan. Johnson and I walk upstairs with him going up more stairs after and me going outside to get Shawn.

•Thoughts?

•Next Update: next weekend

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

849 13 23
what a crazy ride its been edit: im so sorry if u read this ... i was 12 when i wrote it i-
21.4K 680 32
Hey guys this is a fan fiction and the characters are some of my Instagram followers. Well to get a little idea of the story me and some friends leav...
633K 17.2K 78
He will be the one to save her but he will also be the one to hurt her
151K 2K 25
Completed. The third book of His Sister. I hope you enjoy it.