Everything Has Changed (Super...

By jeonwonussi

Reika was supposed to have a peaceful vacation in Seoul. She was supposed to just grab a cup of coffee from a... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 - Final

Chapter 32

4.9K 134 15
By jeonwonussi

Chapter 32

Reika’s POV

That morning, Reika woke up with a realization. Though some things were still unclear to her, she knew what she felt for Kyuhyun was special. She’s attracted to him, she’s sure of that; but it’s still far from love.  It’s true that he would annoy the hell out of her most of the time, but she can’t deny the fact that he’s always been there for her. She’s happy to realize some of those things that are bothering her, but she feels afraid at the same time. Kyuhyun loves Victoria unnie. And Donghae.. he’s still waiting for her.

She felt for a couple of times that Kyuhyun’s treating her in a special way. It might be possible that he also feels something special for her, but what if his intentions are purely as a friend? This might not work after all. She sighed.

Reika discarded her thoughts and got up to prepare herself. Since her group is assigned to Super Junior M, she’ll also be attending their Fan Meeting in China that’s also for their ‘Break Down’ promotions. After getting ready, she met up with Chesca and her team to fly to Nanjing, where SJ-M was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As expected, the venue was full with ELF’s. She could hear the excited buzz in the air. Her team went straight to the backstage to let the boys know they’ve arrived and take a look at what’s happening. They were having a last minute preparation for the show they’ve prepared.

“After this one, it’s a spin, right?” Siwon was asking Eunhyuk about the steps.

“Yeah. Just look at me when in doubt, not at Donghae. You’ll get more errors.” Eunhyuk pretended to whisper to Siwon.

“Yah, I know the steps by heart!” Donghae protested.

“We know that. But we also know you have a different way of performing it.” Eunhyuk snickered.

“I like freestyle and –“ Donghae noticed her watching at the side. “Reika! I thought you wouldn’t come!” He ran towards her. It was obvious in his face that he’s really glad to see her. Reika tried to have a grasp of her feelings. There were still those familiar feelings she always had for him; the only thing was that it wasn’t as intense as it was before. Or was she just imagining things?

“I have a job to do, you know.” She answered back to him.

“Good timing, Reika. We’re about to start. I think we have a few seats for you and your team there at the front.” Siwon said to her.

“No, it’s alright. We’ll be staying here at the backstage. We want to know what’s going on behind the scenes.”

“Okay then. But let me warn you that things get crazy around here.” Siwon wiggled his brows.

Crazy? She also noticed that the other members are out of sight. “Where are the others?”

“The vocals are warming up on the other side. I think some are not done with the make-up yet. But I’m sure they’ll be here in a few minutes.” Eunhyuk answered for her.

“I’ll make sure we’ll give you an amazing performance, Reika-chan.” Donghae smiled at her.

“I have high expectations, Lee Donghae. You’re gonna have a solo performance later?”

“Hmm. Just watch. I’ll show you how awesome I am.” He winked.

“He’s just going to have a duo performance with me later. Donghae can’t do anything alone so he always asks for my help.” Eunhyuk teased him.

“It’s more fun performing with you but I can also do it alone, you know. You’re mean, Hyukkie-a.”

“I think Eunhyuk-ssi’s right. Your only solo performance during our concerts was “My Everything”, right? And the rest you’re performing with Eunhyuk-ssi?” Reika said.

“He really can’t do anything alone. And another reason is that they’re married.” Siwon butted in.

“Siwon-a!” Donghae looked cornered.

“You’re denying us, Donghae?” Eunhyuk acted hurt.

Reika stifled a laugh. “I didn’t know you changed your gender, Donghae. Oh, it’s called EunHae, isn’t it?” She read those ‘bromance’ things in the internet once.

Siwon and Eunhyuk laughed hard while Donghae looked like he was in a bind. It’s always fun to tease this guy.

“Donghae is getting bullied again?” A voice said from behind her. “Let me join.”

She turned around and was face to face with the man she’s ridiculously attracted to. Their eyes met.

“Oh, Mizakuchi. How’s the hang-over?” Kyuhyun smirked.

“I told you I wasn’t drunk.” Really, this guy wasn’t used to the standard greetings.

“You were drunk last night, Reika-chan?” Ryeowook asked who was apparently behind Kyuhyun.

“No, I was just tired.” She said.

“How did you know she was drunk, Kyuhyun-a? You two were together last night?” Donghae asked Kyuhyun suspiciously.

“Again, I wasn’t drunk.” Can’t they hear properly?

“I just met her at the parking lot after my Radio Star recording. She was obviously in no condition to drive so I just helped a friend.” Kyuhyun explained indifferently.

A friend. Yeah, that hurts big time.

“You should’ve called me instead, Reika-chan.” Donghae said to her.

“Babo. We’re here in China yesterday.” Eunhyuk reminded him.

“Oh, yeah. I forgot.”

“Hey! We’re about to start! In positions, now!” Super Junior M’s manager called to them.

The members immediately went to the stage entrance, but then Donghae came back halfway.

“Did you forget anything?” Reika asked him.

“Where’s my good luck kiss?” Donghae asked eagerly.

“What are you talking – “She was surprised when he suddenly kissed her on the cheek.

“You’re too slow, Reika-chan! Watch me, okay?” He said as he ran back to the stage.

“That guy, really…”

The show started with their live performance of ‘Break Down’. As usual, the members’ moves were flawless. You won’t be able to notice that they almost haven’t sleep yet and traveled back and forth from one country to another. Reika wondered if she had that kind of stamina. During the introductions, she found their Chinese ridiculously funny. Only Zhoumi and Henry had the hang of it (Well, obviously because they’re Chinese). Sungmin admitted that he doesn’t know anything at all, which made the audience laugh. But she knew they all tried hard to learn Chinese for the fans.

Kyuhyun was the one who impressed her the most. Though he would pause at times, you could say that he can speak well as a beginner. Really, this guy continues to amuse her. She knew Donghae memorized things from his cheat sheet and he said mostly cheesy stuff. No wonder most of their fans go crazy about him.

They also performed ballads and other songs from the album. They also prepared special stages for the fans. Kyuhyun performed a Chinese ballad “Those Years”, with Henry playing the piano. He really sang Chinese songs well.

“You know, this is the highlight of the show.” Eunhyuk said beside her.

“Really?” Reika asked.

“Yeah, ‘coz this is the chance for the fans to go to the restrooms.” Eunhyuk was joking again.

She tried to hide a smile. These guys are really fond of talking behind each other’s backs.

“You’re mean, Hyukjae-a. I’m going to tell that to Kyuhyun-a.” Sungmin warned him.

“I was just kidding.” Eunhyuk snickered.

“How about you guys? What’s your special stage?” She asked them.

“You’ll see, Reika-chan. Hyukkie and I are next.” Donghae was suddenly in front of her.

“Minnie-a, Siwon-a, Hyukjae-a, manager’s calling us.” Ryeowook called them.

“How about me?” – Donghae

“It’s for our special stage. Just get ready there; we’re going in two minutes. I’ll be back.” Eunhyuk said and left with the others.

Reika noticed his jacket buttons were out of order. “Really, Donghai (Donghae’s Chinese name). Have you grown up?”

“Oh, I was in a hurry.” He tried to fix it.

Reika sighed. “Come here.” She fixed his jacket buttons for him. She noticed he was smiling stupidly. “Are you on drugs?”

He shook his head. “I’m just feeling so happy now.”

“And why is that?” She crossed her arms.

“Well, you’re making a fuss about me, just like a wife. I feel like we’re married now.” His smile was blinding.

Reika rolled her eyes. “You’re dreaming again, Lee Donghae.”

“But Reika,” Donghae held her hands. “We had a promise ten years ago. You remember that, right?”

Oh snap. Now that he mentioned it, she remembered that promise they had. They were still so young in love at that time. She never expected Donghae to hold on to it.

“Yah, we’re still having a show. What are you two doing?” Reika was surprised to see Kyuhyun near the entrance. He looked.. annoyed?

“Oh, Kyuhyun-a! We were just talking about our promise ten years ago.” Donghae answered.

“Promise?”

“Yeah. You see, I proposed to Reika, but she said we were still young.. so we promised to get married after ten years. And, it’s ten years already so we’re going to get married on the 31st!”

Reika got alarmed. “Donghae, what are you – “

“Oh I see. Congratulations then. But you still have to perform so go now.” Kyuhyun’s face was unreadable.

“Oh yeah! I gotta go, Reika! Wish me luck.” And again, Donghae kissed her on the cheek and ran away.

Kyuhyun passed by her side without giving her a glance. Reika didn’t know why but she felt like explaining to him so she ran after him.

“Kyuhyun-ssi!” She called out.

He stopped and looked back at her. “Yes?” He was giving her a cold look.

“What Donghae said, it isn’t –“

“I know. That guy’s just always getting ahead of himself. He can’t get married yet with our contract. But I know you two will soon do that, right?”

“Huh? N—“

“Oh, you don’t need to explain it to me. What the hell do I care, anyway? Well then, we still have a show to perform to.” And with that, Kyuhyun walked away.

Reika felt hurt and mad at him at the same time. What was wrong with him? Why was he acting like that? She went back near the stage and watched Donghae perform with Eunhyuk. But still, her mind was elsewhere. Yeah, it wasn’t Kyuhyun’s business. Maybe she was assuming things again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The show ended successfully. Super Junior M’s comeback was having a great response from the fans. Reika was happy for them. They went back to the hotel where the members were staying at. The group decided to have a celebratory dinner before going back to Korea in the morning.

“So what do you think of our show, Reika?” Zhoumi asked her.

“It was great. I think I might become an ELF soon.” She said.

“So you’re not an ELF yet? You’re taking too long.” Henry commented. “But who’s your favorite special stage?”

“It’s my duo with Hyukkie-a, right?” Donghae asked eagerly beside her.

“It’s gotta be Kyuhyunnie’s ballad with Henry-a. You love ballads, right, Reika-chan?” – Ryeowook

She glanced at Kyuhyun who seemed to be too busy with his food to talk. “Uhh, no.” She waited for him to react like he usually does but she got none. He was really not on speaking terms with her since that time earlier. What’s his problem?

“Then whose is it?” Sungmin asked again.

“Hmmm… none. I got bored.” She joked.

“That’s unfair, Reika-chan!” – Eunhyuk

“Yeah, you could just say my special stage. We’re going to get married, anyway.” There goes his stupid babbling about marriage again.

“Married? Really? You two are back together?” Siwon asked.

Everyone’s eyes looked straight at her and Donghae, including Kyuhyun’s. “Yes! It’s going to be on the 31st!” Donghae answered.

Reika hit him with her spoon. “Stop that, you moron. No one’s getting married –“

“Yet.” Donghae added.

She glared at him. “He’s just acting stupid. Let’s continue eating.”

“But Reika-chan..” Donghae pouted.

“You’re getting ahead of yourself, hyung.” Henry said.

“Yeah, we still can’t get married as said in our contract.” Eunhyuk reminded him.

“Really? I didn’t know that.” Donghae looked surprised.

“You should read it again.” Zhoumi suggested.

Reika continued eating and let the members talk. Once in awhile, she could feel someone’s eyes on her. But when she looks up, that person probably looked away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reika was about to go to bed when someone knocked on her door. She opened it and it revealed Donghae.

“Can I sleep here?” He asked immediately.

“No.”  She was about to close the door but he stopped her.

“I was just joking. Let’s talk.”

Donghae sat on the chair beside her bed. “Reika-chan..” He started.

“If you’re going to insist about that marriage thing again, I’m going to punch you.” She warned.

He chuckled. “I wasn’t really serious with that.” She raised an eyebrow at him. “Okay, I was serious. Even though I know that we’re not back to the way we were before. But I’m still hoping, you know. That’s why I held on to that promise.”

“Donghae. It’s not on top of my priority list.”

“Yeah, I know that. But, can I just ask?”

“Ask what?”

“Where do I stand in your life now? I don’t know if I’m just imagining things but.. at times I feel you’re drifting away. As if, I’m losing you although you’re just right there in front of me.” He looked directly in her eyes. “Reika, are you… falling in love with someone else?”

Reika didn’t know what to say. She still wasn’t sure of her feelings for Kyuhyun and she doesn’t want to hurt Donghae. Not just yet.

“Is it.. Kyuhyun?” Donghae continued when she didn’t answer.

“Donghae….”

“On second thought, don’t give an answer to that yet. I can feel that you’re confused about things. Back then at my birthday, I was sure you still feel something for me. But these days, I don’t have any confidence in myself. But Reika, could you promise me one thing?”

“What is it?”

“Promise me that no matter who you choose, I’ll be the first one to know, okay? Even if it’s not me. And.. that you’ll let me stay beside you no matter what happens?”

“That’s two things already.” She pointed out.

“Never mind that. I… know it sound pathetic but I don’t think I can stay away from you or move on if the time comes that you’ll fall for someone else. So, Reika? Please?”

It kills her to see Donghae like this. Why do things have to be so complicated? “Okay, I promise.” And she hugged him.

*End of Chapter 32*

A/N: I’m in the mood for writing so I’m updating again today. Haha. Well, I had three days off from my summer job. XD

I’m actually hurting for Hae. Waaaa. T_T And what’s up with that stupid Kyu? XD

Thanks for reading and keep supporting our OT15! :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 779 31
Y/N moves to Seoul to pursue her dream of teaching English overseas. She wasn't planning on having a roommate; especially a hot, grumpy male roommat...
Cooperate By

Romance

94 0 15
After Choi Suzy shifts to Seoul being in-experienced she faced some consequences and starts to hate her life. But suddenly her life changes. But how ?
82K 4.8K 62
Yeji had to deal with what's going to happen, her manager suggested to do it as pretend. Yeji thought that she would be fine with it but what will ha...
3.9K 138 20
He dimly remembered his childhood best friend, when he took a trip to Thailand for three years. He remembered leaving her, all for the sake of his ca...