The Girl Who Stayed (Doctor W...

By filmgeek97

Jordyn Avery lived a half life. After her parents divorce, she learned to only depend on herself. When the Do... More

The Interview
Run
Rose
The Tyler's Flat
The Plastic Boyfriend
Into the Future
In The End
The Lady Cassandra
A Look At The Past
The Unquiet Dead
The Gelth
The Anger of the Gelth
Missing: Rose Tyler
Bleeding Out
Gridlock
The Alien Body
Downing Street
The Slitheen
Mickey Saves The Day
Rose Comes Home
The Living Specimen
The Last of My Kind
Jordyn Avery Is Dead
The Broken Dalek
The Time Lord and The Empath
Floor Five Hundred
Rose's Father
Peter Tyler
The Wedding No One Will Forget
World War 2
The Empty Child
The Doctor and the Captain
The Captain and the Empath
The Doctor Dances

Earth Death

787 36 6
By filmgeek97

When I woke up I was on cold, hard tile. I stretched and my arm hit Rose.

"Hey." I yawned. She nodded in response.

"Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending." The computer stated, just as the sun's deadly glare began to show its face.

We jumped up to the door and hammered on it repeatedly.

"Let us out! Let us out!" We cried.

"Sun filter descending." The computer told us.

"Yes, we know that!" I snapped, accidentally turning to face the sun's burning rays. Rose turned me back around, just in time.

"Let us out! Let us out! Let us out!" We continued to hammer on the door.

"Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending." The computer stated again.

Suddenly, I heard a sound on the other side of the door. I listened closely and recognized the sonic. I smiled, thinking of the Doctor.

"Anyone in there?" He called.

"Let us out!" Rose cried.

"Well, of course it would be yo- Wait. Us?"

"Doctor!" I yelled.

"Oh, no. No no no no no."

"Open the door!" Rose commanded.

"Hold on. Give us two ticks." The Doctor requested.

The scorching rays reached the top of the door and I held my breath in fear.

"Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending." The computer told us. I was beginning to wonder if those would be the last words I hear. If so, they're pretty crummy last words. "Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising."

Wait. What?

"Sun filter descending."

Oh, no.

"Just what we need." I heard the Doctor mutter on the other side of the door, and I smiled. "The computer's getting clever."

"Stop mucking about!" Rose commanded.

"I'm not mucking about. It's fighting back." The Doctor told us.

"Open the door!" I yelled.

"I know!" The Doctor yelled back.

Rose and I ran down the steps, away from the glare, as it travelled down the door.

"The lock's melted!" We both called to the Doctor.

"Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending." Then it stopped. "Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising."

Rose and I immediately ran back up to the door.

"The whole thing's jammed. I can't open the doors. Stay there!" The Doctor told us.

"Where are we going to go, Ipswich?" Rose asked.

"Earth Death in five minutes." The computer announced.

We walked back to the steps and sat next to each other.

"Mums from Ipswich."

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah, we had to go there once for Gran. Trust me, it was not fun."

"The trip to your Gran or Ipswich?" Rose laughed.

"I honestly have no clue. I was stuck playing chess with Grandad the entire time." I joined in on the laughter.

"What's with this guy?" She gestured to the door, and I assumed she meant the Doctor. "Why do you trust him?"

"He saved my life three times." I shrugged.

"Yeah, but, do you know anything about him?" 

"He's called the Doctor. He comes from somewhere else. He's got a box called the Tardis that's bigger on the inside, and can travel anywhere in time and space. I'd run away with him, and we've been running ever since."

Rose sighed. "I don't know. Maybe, I'm mad, but I just don't see how all of this could be real."

"Once you allow yourself to believe in the impossible, you can do anything." I grinned.

"That's it? Believe in all this?"

I nodded, as if it was that simple. "Just accept it. Seeing is believing after all."

"Thanks." She muttered.

"No problem. I get it. When I first saw the Tardis I was in shock for a good ten minutes until I just decided to accept it and move on."

"Earth Death in two minutes. Earth Death in two minutes."

"You know, you're probably the only person who hasn't completely freaked out after find out about my depression." I sighed. "Besides, the Doctor."

"Well, who in their right mind would panic about that? It's a clinical disorder. An imbalance of chemicals in the brain. It's not like you decide whether or not you get to be depressed."

 "You'd be surprised how many of my 'friends' ditched me after I discovered I was clinically depressed."

"Well, screw all of 'em. You don't need them." She scooted closer to me and put her arm around my shoulders. "You've got a new friend now."

I smiled at that. 

"Thanks, Rose."

"No problem."

All of a sudden, pieces of the  window began to crack.  The deadly glare began to lance into the room.

"Shield malfunction. Shields malfunction. Shields malfunction."

"Oh, not again." I moaned, and Rose and I ran to hide in a corner.

We huddled together, as the window broke into pieces. I scrunched my eyes shut and held my breath in anticipation of the worst.

"One." The computer said. "Exoglass repair. Exoglass repair. Exoglass repair."

Rose and I both opened our eyes in time to see the window repairing itself. I let out the breath I had been holding. We got up and, together, looked at the remains of our home floating nearby.

"Exoglass repair."

We both gave each other a look, then headed out of the room.

"I can't believe nobody saw it end." Rose sighed.

"I know."

We entered the observation gallery, where everybody seemed to be. I noticed the Moxx of Balhoon had got fried by the glare. The Doctor walked in, fuming, he talked to the trees for a minute before heading towards us.

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm full of ideas, I'm bristling with them. Idea number one, teleportation through five thousand degrees needs some kind of feed. Idea number two, this feed must be hidden nearby." He smashed the alleged ostrich egg to reveal a small device. "Idea number three, if you're as clever as me, then a teleportation feed can be reversed."

"Plus, he's brilliant." I whispered to Rose. "That's another reason why I trust him."

Suddenly, Cassandra was beamed back into the observation gallery.

"The last human." The Doctor announced.

"So, you passed my little test. Bravo. This makes you eligible to join, er, the Human Club."

'Human Club?' I mouthed to Rose, furrowing my eyebrows. She just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"People have died, Cassandra. You murdered them." The Doctor stated.

"It depends on your definition of people, and that's enough of a technicality to keep your lawyers dizzy for centuries. Take me to court, then, Doctor, and watch me smile and cry and flutter." She told us, as her skin began creaking.

"And creak?" I implored.

"And what?" 

"Creak. You're creaking." I told her.

"What?" Then she took notice of her drying skin. "Ah! I'm drying out! Oh, sweet heavens. Moisturise me, moisturise me! Where are my surgeons? My lovely boys! It's too hot!"

"You raised the temperature." The Doctor reminded her.

"Have pity! Moisturise me! Oh, oh, Doctor. I'm sorry. I'll do anything." Cassandra cried.

"Help her." Rose whispered to the Doctor and I.

"Everything has its time and everything dies." The Doctor told her.

"I'm too young!" She screamed right before she died.

Cassandra's remains, splattered across the floor. I went to go wash Cassandra off of my foot and Rose followed.

I grabbed a washcloth and began wiping by boots.

"So?" I implored.

"I think I'll stay."

"What changed your mind?"

"Maybe, the way he saved everybody, or maybe it was the fact that he saved us. I honestly don't know. Take your pick." I laughed at that.

My stomach rumbled, interrupting us. We both burst out laughing.

"I need to eat."

"Gee, ya think?"

We laughed again, and I rinsed off the washcloth one more time before heading out.

Rose immediately darted over to the window to stare at the last remains of Earth.  She put her hand on the glass, realizing that it really was gone. The Doctor walked up behind us.

"The end of the Earth. It's gone. We were too busy saving ourselves. No one saw it go. All those years, all that history, and no one was even looking. It's just-" She sounded like she might start crying.

I stared at the bits of Earth floating past us, emotionless.

"Come with me." The Doctor requested, grabbing our hands and pulling us to the Tardis. Rose sat down on the jump seat, trying to let it all sink in.

I sat next to her, putting my arm around her shoulders.

"I can't believe I missed it." She sobbed silently.

"Shh. It's going to be okay." I soothed.

"No, it's not. The end of the world and nobody gets to watch it. It was gone in the blink of an eye." She cried. 

"Come on you lot." The Doctor ordered, standing by the Tardis door.

I helped Rose up, and we headed out the Tardis doors. We were in the middle of London. A baby cried, a man was laughing. It was all so normal. We watched as the people all around us continued with their daily lives.

"Big Issue! Big Issue!" A man with the paper exclaimed.

"You think it'll last forever, people and cars and concrete, but it won't. One day it's all gone. Even the sky. My planet's gone. It's dead. It burned like the Earth. It's just rocks and dust before it's time." The Doctor sighed. I walked over to him and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back the same way.

"What happened?" Rose asked.

"There was a war and we lost."

"A war with who? And what about your people?"

I headed back into the Tardis after she asked that. I was pretty sure I knew the answer and I couldn't stand to hear him say it himself. The loneliest man in the universe.

I sat on the jump seat, lost in thought. Would I ever go back home? And if I did, what would I tell my parents?

Luckily, before I could answer those questions, Rose popped her head back in the Tardis.

"J?"

"J?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I thought it was be a cool nickname." She laughed. "Anyway, want to get some chips? I have a feeling you might need it." She reminded me of when my stomach rumbled loudly in the bathroom. I laughed at the thought.

"Sure." I hopped off the jump seat, and ran out the door.

DOCTOR POV

Before I could answer Rose's question, Jordyn ducked under my arm and ran back into the Tardis.

"She got out of here pretty quickly." Rose commented.

I nodded, agreeing. "I'm a Time Lord. I'm the last of the Time Lords. They're all gone. I'm the only survivor. I'm left travelling on my own 'cos there's no one else." I answered her question.

"There's Jordyn." 

"She'll get sick of me soon." They all do.

"And there's me." She added. I didn't think she would stay after today. That one shocked me.

"You've seen how dangerous it is. Do you want to go home?"

"I don't know. I want. Oh, can you smell chips?" 

"Yeah, yeah." I don't think I'll ever completely understand humans.

"I want chips."

"Me too."

"I know Jordyn wants chips too. I'll get her." She popped her head into the Tardis to talk to Jordyn.

I shook my head, realizing what I'd just confessed to them. War made me so much worse than I was before.

"Chips on me!" Rose announced, as Jordyn came running out of the Tardis.

"Good, because I'm broke and hungry." Jordyn laughed, making me smile.

Rose groaned. "I must do it all!" Jordyn laughed at her again.

A/N That was fun. If you have any questions comment them. And in case you were wondering why the Doctor's POV was added:

All this week while releasing chapters I will add an extra POV. It will rotate between Rose and the Doctor. Because I'm leaving for school soon updates will be less constant, so because I feel guilty you get more. Congratulations. This ends Friday. (or the seventh of August 2015 for those of you who might be reading this later on. Have fun! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.9K 2K 21
(ORIGINAL VERSION) For a girl who's lived a normal life on Earth for years, is she ready to see the universe from a different perspective? *** Willow...
13.4K 546 24
When Nine regenerates into Ten, Rose feels like she needs to adjust to the change and get to know this new Doctor, like she did the old one. But even...
921 57 11
Laura was a simple girl from Scotland, but tragedy seemed to follow her. Every night she kept having dreams about this man, a man who she would follo...
1.4K 40 21
Stranded alone after the Last Great Time War. Alone with the grief and guilt. One hundred years alone on Earth, forced to become like everyone else...