Connected (Teen Wolf) Book 4

By jinx1996

Anna and Scott are now bonded. He can help her control the Nix, but it still seeps through occasionally in he... More

Preface - Can't Go Back
Chapter 1 - Mexican Rave
Chapter 2 - Echoes
Chapter 3 - You Won't Find God
Chapter 4 - Brake Down
Chapter 5 - Watched
Chapter 6 - Smugglers
Chapter 7 - Time Travelling
Chapter 8 - The Return Of Miguel
Chapter 9 - Friendship
Chapter 10 - 137
Chapter 11 - Calling France
Chapter 12 - Game Locker
Chapter 13 - Story Time
Chapter 14 - Never Ending Night
Chapter 15 - Fashion, Flirting, and Falling
Chapter 16 - Bouncer Duties
Hi
Chapter 17 - Deadpool
Chapter 18 - Pillow Talk
Chapter 19 - American Beauty / American Psycho
Chapter 20 - Bone Chilling Fear
Chapter 21 - Big Macs and Pringles
Chapter 22 - The Locker Room Again
Chapter 23 - Aiden
Chapter 24 - The Orphans
Good evening :)
Chapter 25 - Hey Parrish... So... You're On A Hit-list
Chapter 26 - Banshee Screams
Chapter 27 - Third Cypher
Chapter 28 - Thanks Buddy
Chapter 29 - CDC
Chapter 30 - Quarantine
Chapter 31 - Shut Out
Chapter 32 - Reishi
Chapter 33 - As I Lay Dying
Chapter 34 - Plan Z
Chapter 35 - Countdown
Chapter 36 - Naked Deputy Jordan Parrish
Jordan
Chapter 37 - Rain and Thunder
Chapter 38 - Food and Sleep
Chapter 39 - Bacon
Chapter 40 - I Think I Created A Lynch Mob
Chapter 41 - The Big Reveal
Titles
Chapter 42 - Peter Hale
Chapter 43 - Ranting, Raving Lunatic
Chapter 44 - Safe
Chapter 45 - Going To Church
Chapter 46 - Lydia Was Right
Chapter 47 - The Monsters Inside
Burnt
Chapter 48 - Carnage
Chapter 49 - Bittersweet
Chapter 50 - Contained and Monitored

Chapter 51 - Anna's Lullaby

7K 235 18
By jinx1996

I woke to someone gently shaking me awake. It took my eyes a moment to adjust and when they began to focus a saw Derek smirking down at me.

"Derek?"

"Everyone has been looking for you. You weren't answering your phone and we couldn't find you."

"Well you found me." I replied croakily, beginning to sit up.

"It's been 24 hours." Derek stated.

"Really? I was asleep. How'd you find me?"

"When we were looking for you we split up. I was with Liam and he mentioned that if he were in your position he'd want to go home." My eyes flicked to the ground.

"It's all the same." I whispered as I looked around my dad's room.

"Yeah... I, ah... I was waiting to tell you, thought you might need some time before coming back here." I gave him a questioning look. "I bought the house... up front, there's no mortgage and as soon as you turn 18 it's yours." I opened my mouth to say something, but Derek cut me off by holding up his hand. "The Sheriff and Melissa know, they had to sign a few things as your guardians. We were going to wait until you started senior year before we mentioned it." I really had no idea what to say and instead of speaking I found myself hugging him. Derek hugged back for a moment before speaking again. "Come on, Liam's downstairs."

Derek led me downstairs where Liam stood in the living room looking at a few photos that were hanging on the walls. "I haven't seen Lydia, is she alright?" I asked.

"Yeah. A berserker had her and Mason cornered at the school, but the sheriff blew it up with a landmine." Derek explained and I couldn't stop myself from smiling a little. So the sheriff wouldn't take an RPG into the school, but he would take a landmine. "I have to go. There's a few things I have to tidy up at Peter's apartment. I'll ring Scott on the way and tell him we found you." Derek said as he grabbed out his phone and began to head for the door. I followed behind him, giving him another hug as he kissed my forehead and then left. I closed the door behind him and turned back to face Liam.

"How are you feeling?" He as me as I walked into the kitchen to find some tea bags that I prayed would still be here, and thankfully were.

"I'll be fine." I said, but not all reassuringly. I really couldn't decide how to feel. I felt betrayed, but everyone had warned me so I wasn't sure if I was allowed to let that betrayal affect me. Liam agreed to a cup of tea and we sat sipping it in silence for a little while until I eventually spoke up. "I'm sorry." Liam looked up at me from his cup, but didn't say anything so I continued. "I know we told you about the Nix and the bond, but you weren't around when I lost it last time. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would never..."

"I know." Liam nodded, cutting me off before I got into some big rant. "I didn't quite understand it until I saw it for myself, but you don't need to apologise. Scott explained in more depth on drive back. Are you going to fix the bond?"

I nodded, placing my cup down on the bench. "Yeah, I think so. I'll talk to Scott, but we'll probably go and see Deaton tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah... I could use a bit of my own headspace for a little bit longer." Liam looked at me worriedly and I managed a small smile. "It won't just happed right away." I said as I lightly shook my head. "I'll be fine until tomorrow so long as nothing... sets it off." I struggled to find the right words, but Liam nodded again.

"Could I come?" He suddenly asked. "When you see Deaton. I'm curious how this whole bond thing happens."

I laughed, "Sure. So am I, actually. I never saw it last time; I was unconscious. I'll pick you up, alright?"

Liam nodded as he began to stand. "I've got to go. We have to go see Coach and explain why Kira and Scott weren't at the game the other night."

"Have fun with that. Hey, you wouldn't mind telling the guys that I'm going to stay here for another night will you? Just to clear my head. And tell them not to come barrelling through the door, I'll be fine I just need another night to myself, okay?"

Liam nodded again as we reached the door. "Yeah, sure."

"Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow."

Once Liam was gone I found myself wondering back into the living room and collapsing down on that familiar couch. I contemplated ringing Isaac, but decided I should maybe wait a few more days otherwise he would immediately know something was wrong and I was trying to keep him out of everything as much as I could.

I spent a few hours watching TV and a couple more reading, before I began to flick through my contacts. I didn't really know what I was searching for until I found it.

Peter Hale.

I stared at the number for what felt like another few hours, my thumb hovering over the big red 'Delete' button. I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment before opening them and immediately deleting the contact, quickly sliding my phone across the coffee table afterwards as if that would be enough to escape from that hollow feeling in my chest.

I wound up curling up on the couch and drifting off yet again, despite having slept for almost 24 hours barely 8 hours ago. I was out for another two and woke to a darkened sky and house.

Sighing, I stood up to turn on the lights, but I stopped right before I could flick them on. My breath hitched in my throat as I heard a few distant heartbeats and various scents that I didn't recognise. I let my eyes glow green, scanning my surroundings with werewolf night vision and taking slow careful steps through the house. One of the heartbeats grew louder as I heard very light footsteps behind me.

I whipped my head around just as the intruder, who I noticed was wearing night vision goggles, held something up, hitting a button that sent a bright light burning through my eyes before I had the chance to shut them.

Wincing at the temporary blindness, I feebly tried to swipe out with my claws, but this man was fast and he had help. Three other men surrounded me, grabbing my arms and shoulders as the leader flicked on the light and removed his goggles.

It was Severo, Araya Calavera's right hand man. He grabbed something from behind his back and I instantly recognised the liquefied yellow liquid in the syringe.

"What are you doing? You had a deal with Chris!" I demanded.

"We made that deal whilst we were under the impression that you had a bond with your alpha. That bond is now broken. There are certain creatures in this world, Miss Fields, that simply can never be allowed to roam free." His hand whipped out faster than I could comprehend, ramming the needle into my neck and instantly making me feel light headed. It wouldn't have been difficult to figure out that the bond was broken if they knew everything that had happened with Scott being a berserker, not if they had extensive knowledge of the supernatural and lets face it... they were the Calaveras.

"My friends will find me." I whispered as my eyes began to grow heavy.

"No. They won't. Chris doesn't know we're here and as far as your friends will be concerned... you left Beacon Hills on your own accord." He said calmly.

"They'll never believe it." My voice continued to get softer as I tried to fight against the wolfs bane.

"You may be surprised what people will believe in the right situation and once given a little proof." Was the last thing I heard before slipping into darkness.

Scott POV

Scott woke from a long good nights sleep that was well over due and groggily made his way downstairs. It was after 10am and the house was empty. His mum had gone to work, his dad was still in San Francisco, cleaning up a few things about the incident at the school and Anna had slept at her house for the night. He made his way down to the kitchen, feeding Buster and then himself. It was only when he turned to put the milk away that he noticed the note stuck to the fridge in Anna's neat cursive writing.

He slowly reached for it, pulling it off before beginning to read the letter.

Scott.

I'm sorry to have to do this in a letter, but I knew if I told you in person you and Stiles would never let me go.

I'm leaving and I can't tell you where because I know you'll try and stop me, but I can't stay in Beacon Hills. Now that the connection has been broken I think my best chance is away from this town and it will be safer for everything this way.

I do love all of you, but it's for the best.

-Anna.

Not really believing at first Scott bolted up to Anna's room, ripping the door open and found the room empty... and clean, to clean. Anna wasn't messy, but everything was on perfect right angles and things were missing; photos, books, her laptop and phone charger – things that never left her room.

Scott read the letter a further five times, not really understanding, but when the words finally sunk in he immediately tried calling her, but of cause she didn't answer. The next thing he did was ring Lydia and Stiles and assemble them at the house.

"Leaving!?" Lydia screeched.

"Left." Scott corrected her. "Here, read it yourself." Scott said as he handed her the letter.

"She didn't say anything to you?" Stiles asked and Scott shook his head.

"All I know is what's in that letter."

"She wouldn't do this." Stiles shook his head.

"She did." Scott barely managed to say. "I was exhausted last night, she would have easily have been able to pack her things without me waking."

"No... she wouldn't... Scott, Anna wouldn't leave us, not now." Stiles shook his head.

"Stiles... the bond is gone. Maybe she thought she was protecting us or maybe Peter was the final straw." Scott shrugged.

"No." Stiles shook his head again and looked away. "She wouldn't go without saying goodbye!" He seemed to yell it just to reassure himself.

"I'll ring the others... let them know." Scott finally stated as he left the room to make the calls.

Malia didn't really know what to say, Kira said she was coming over, Liam was quiet, but obviously upset and Derek... he almost seemed glad. That didn't surprise Scott though. Anna would be safer away from the town, but that didn't make it easy.

"Maybe she went to Isaac." Kira suggested once she had arrived. Stiles remained quiet and didn't have any part in the discussion, but for some reason Scott could tell it was because Stiles believed that she had left. That it all just became too much. She had threatened it a thousand times and they all knew about the promise she had made Isaac.

It was Lydia that was entirely unconvinced. "No something's wrong."

"She's gone, Lydia. She wrote the letter herself." Stiles finally spoke up.

"I can see that, but... it's out of character."

"That's it? That's all you've got?" Stiles questioned. "She's a Nix, I don't think a character profile means that much!" Stiles yelled back.

"She wouldn't leave the dog." Lydia counteracted.

"She can't go on the run with Buster. Just let it go, Lydia." Stiles barely whispered before walking out the door, slamming it behind him and driving off in his jeep.

Scott placed a hand on Lydia's shoulder before ushering Kira away. If Anna had left and she didn't want them going after her then they weren't going to find her. With supernatural abilities, a father who was a deputy and a life time of crime shows had taught her that.

Lydia POV

Lydia wasn't convinced, not in the slightest. She hadn't seen Anna since before they left for Mexico and she knew that the only people who had seen her since they got back were Derek and Liam. If the Nix was in control of her it would want to stay in Beacon Hills, the place of power for the supernatural. And Anna would never leave without a goodbye. If she ever did run away she might do it subtly, but she would certainly make the rounds to see everyone one last time before she left. But it was black Labrador that bugged her the most.

Buster was all Anna had left of her dad and although Stiles had a point about him getting in the way if she was frequently moving she would at the very least mention him in the letter. It wasn't right, so instantly the Banshee bolted out the door and went straight to the police station.

Deputy Parrish didn't believe it either and he put out at APB right away and put her car in the system in case anyone saw it. He said that the letter in Anna's writing did mean much. She could have been forced into writing it or it could be forged. You would only have to find her locker at school or go through her desk at either Scott's house or her own to find something she had written and copy that. The Sheriff appeared to have mixed motions, unsure of what to believe but he of course agreed with the APB and began to contact a few other agencies.

It wasn't long before Lydia received a call from Liam. He had spoken to Scott and Stiles, who were convinced that she had left, and they weren't listening to what he thought. They claimed that Peter's betrayed was too much, that she believed she was protecting everyone and that she couldn't see anyone else she loves die. Liam on the other hand didn't believe any of it.

He said that the last time he spoke to her she seemed like she was okay, that she was almost happy to be back in her house despite everything that had happened. That she was going to fix the bond.

Lydia knew it wasn't right and if Scott, Stiles and the others refused to believe then she would use the help of Liam and Jordan to find her.

Third Person

Play media song.

The black gates of Eichen House casted a shadow over the looming stone building in the street lit night with no sounds to be heard outside. Inside the orderlies prowled the hallways of the asylum, making their rounds and checking in on their patients. Most slept soundly while a select few rocked back and forth on their thin mattresses.

But further down the hall, down the stairs and into a hidden basement, behind a heavily locked and padded door were the prisoners.

As the orderly made his way down the corridor of the prison, arms reached through bars in an attempt to touch him. Each hand different from the next; some clawed, some scaled, some spiked. From deep within their chests came growls and moans that couldn't possibly be considered human.

The caretaker passed each one, checking each cell, pointedly looking in on one of his newest patients. Peter Hale shared a cell behind a locked door, his glass cage pushed further back in the room, it's walls laced with mountain ash.

The orderly looked through the rounded window to see Peter's roommate reclining back and reading a book as the werewolf leant up against the glass, looking wholly defeated. Satisfied, the orderly continued on down the corridor until he came to the end.

A solid white door at the very end of the corridor with no viewing window, only a locked slot at the bottom for the food tray. The room inside was soundproof. The prisoner wouldn't have been able to hear a word or scream that was uttered on the other side and vice versa. The only way to see in was through the camera placed in the room.

The orderly switched on the computer screen to the side of the door, typing in a password and bringing up the footage of the cell within.

Four white walls, a small bathroom and one metal bed with a thin mattress covered in white sheets.

She sat on the bed, her head buried in her knees and her back pressed against the far left corner of the room. Her arms wrapped around her legs, holding them firmly in their curled position as her hair fell to either side of her in waves. The hybrid's head slowly lifted up and looked directly into the camera as if knowing that someone was watching.

A devilish smirk spread across her lips as her eyes began to glow a marvellous light green before her canines grew and a loud menacing and deadly roar erupted from between her once smirking lips. The sound came through the speakers of the computer in an ear piecing crackle that instantly made the orderly grip his ears and shut the computer down before turning his back and walking away faster than he had came.

Back in the room the girl continued to stare at the solid white door that held her in absolute silence.

"I hate this place. If you ask me it's more likely to send people mad than help them." Her own voice echoed through her mind. She had said the words to a young deputy not long ago and he had agreed.

She had not roared at the orderly on the other side of the door, she didn't even know he was there, she had roared at the figure in front of her; one that only she could see. There were no shadows for the man to hide behind in this place, there was only white.

And this time he wasn't going anywhere.

Alrighty then.

That is it for this book. The Next one was originally named 'Awakened' but I have since changed it to 'Damaged' and you can find it on my profile! The Preface has been published and the first few chapters should be up in the next couple of days just to get things rolling.

So the final part that was in Third person, I had a very vivid image of how it would play out. It kind of happened in my mind like a closing scene of some horror movie and I don't think what I wrote really conveyed it well enough.
So basically what I pictured was Hozier's song 'Arsonist's Lullaby' playing in the background (it's one of the last songs that plays in the season 4 final and is the one I put in the media) and the camera starts off outside focusing in on the Eichen House gates and it's all dark creepy and then an orderly comes in for his night shift and then the camera follows behind him, almost looking over his shoulder as he walks. He does his rounds and then goes down to the supernatural ward where their hands are reaching out through the bars. He passes all the creepy looking claws etc, checks in on peter and then makes it to the end before turning and leaving (I had to put the computer in etc because I didn't know how to write it as I pictured it) and then the camera focuses in on the white doors, zooming in until it turns black and then comes out on the other side in the white room and you see Anna on the bed, her head down, it zooms in on her as the "All you had was your fire and the place you need to reach" line in the song plays, Anna smirks, eyes glow and then roars whist the second last line plays "Don't you ever tame your demons," before the screen cuts to a pure white and the final line of the song plays on the white screen which is, "But always keep them on a leash."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 424 36
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅• Anastasia Clementine didn't really know how she ended up in New York but she was more than glad she found her place beside Step...
50.3K 710 20
Hadley and her friends face their biggest challenge yet when an unfathomable dark force threatens the people of Auradon. But also when she reunites w...
222K 4.1K 13
Melody Reed and Seth Clearwater, two completely different people. Yet, the same in so many ways. Melody, a young girl who loves photography and life...
645 89 9
ئەوزۆر جوانە هەرگیز بڕاوام نەدەکرد کە بکەومە خۆشەویستی ؟؟؟:تۆم دۆزیەوە ؟؟؟:بمبورە ...