Chapter 15 - Fashion, Flirting, and Falling

I stayed at Derek’s for the rest of the night after the incident that I’d rather never mention again and so did Peter. I took the bed and Peter took the couch while Derek stayed up all night practically pacing and watching for any signs of the crazy tomahawk killer. Peter had informed us that the mouthless man had said that Derek was next. Yeah, Derek and I were confused as well, but apparently this guy spoke by typing words out on to this keyboard thing that was attacked to his arm and it then pronounced the words for him. Whilst Peter was fighting him, with an axe in his chest I might add, he managed to grab the keyboard thing off his arm. Derek was planning on taking both tomahawk and keyboard to the sheriff today. I volunteered to go with him or at least stay with Peter in case the assassin type person came back, but he promptly responded with “You’re going to school.” I would have argued, but then I remember a freshly bitten freshman with anger issues and a full moon looming over his head.

So here I was pulling up at school, in the same damn cheap jeans, old t-shirt and unfortunately joggers that I had worn to the loft last night. Let’s say fashion wasn’t on my mind at the time and now I regretted it. Lydia was going to kill me. I was also trying to explain over the phone to everyone about what had happened.

When I got out of the car I saw the gathering of Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Kira and Malia huddled together over Scott phone. I hung up and walked over to them. “You guys look like the most suspicious group I’ve ever seen like that.”

“What. Is. That?” Lydia asked me as she gave me a once over.

“My I was woken up at 2am to burn someone’s chest with a blow torch outfit.”

“No… No, no, no. Come with me.” Lydia grabbed my hand before I could say anything to anyone else.

“Where?”

“Emergency supply locker.” She said as she dragged me away.

“You have an emergency supply locker?”

“Yes, that’s why gym lockers were invented.”

“Oh, I must have missed that memo.”

“You’re lucky we’re the same size. Although I’m not sure what we can do about that hair.”

“We could pull it off as stylishly messy?” I suggested hopefully.

“We can try.” Lydia said as we entered the girls locker room and found her locked. The opened it to reveal clothes on coat hangers, a shelf of makeup and perfumes and hair products and a shelf of shoes. On the inside of the locker door was also a mirror that took up the entire space.

“How did I not know you turned this into a wardrobe?”

“Because your locker is on the other side and you spend most of your time in the boy’s locker room.” She shrugged as she pulled out a dress, belt, and boots.

“This is true.”

“Here. Put these on then do your makeup and I’ll try and do something about this.” She said as she held up a strand of my knotty bed hair.

“Good luck.”

“Come on.” She said with a clap. “Bell rings in 15 minutes, every second counts.”

“There is a crazy mass murdering, tomahawk wielding psycho killing people and Scott bit Liam with a full moon less than 12 hours away and we’re doing my hair and makeup?” I questioned once I got changed and began my makeup.

“Yes. We have a plan for Liam by the way. We’re going to take him to the lakehouse. Malia will still stay in the basement and Scott will take Liam to the boat house and tie him to the support beams.”

“Okay and what about the plan with getting him there? I promised him Scott, Stiles and I wouldn’t go near him during school today. They didn’t exactly handle the whole thing last night very well and Liam still doesn’t know what’s going to happen to him or what he is.”

“Yeah and the only way he’s really going to believe us is when he actually shifts tonight or starts to feel the change and we don’t want him freaking out and telling people about Scott kidnapping him so we did agree that all three of you should stay away from him until we get him to the lakehouse. So, the plan is we say we’re holding a party.”

“He isn’t going to come to party that we’re hosting.”

“He won’t know. Did you know that another name for a female fox is a vixen?” Lydia said with a slight diabolical smirk.

“Kira can’t be happy with this.” I chuckled.

“She came around.” Lydia shrugged as we finished up just in time for the bell to ring.

“So when does this master plan begin?” I asked as we started walking to class.

“Lunch.”

***

Lydia and I were standing back near the lockers waiting to see if the plan worked. Stiles had found out Liam’s classed and Kira was waiting at the top of the stairs to ‘work her magic’ for when Liam left his classroom.

The bell rang and we waiting for Liam. When we saw him exit I nodded at Kira and she began her decent down the stairs. Liam made eye contact with her and she held it as she walked down.

“She’s good.” Lydia said to me just as Kira lost her step and flew down the remainder of the stairs, her hands just catching her as she hit the ground.

“Oh if only this was in slow motion.” I muttered.

But apparently it worked. Liam ran up to her, worried and Kira simply played it off, smiled, flicked her hair and spontaneously asked him if he wanted to go to a party. “Straight to the point.” Lydia whispered. “I like her.”

Liam seemed taken back for a bit, but then broke out in a smile and said yes. He helped her up and they exchanged names, numbers, etc. Liam said something and Kira giggled, you know that sort of stuff, before they parted ways and Kira came and found us.

“Not exactly as planned, but it worked.” Lydia said.

“I thought you were meant to be like Ninja Xena Warrior Princess.”

“When I’m up against other scary ninjas, I am. School corridors, not so much. But how did go?”

“Well I think you got him on your hook. Well done. We just probably shouldn’t mention the giggle to Scott.” I turn and said to Lydia.”

“Definitely not. I think he had enough trouble agreeing to the plan.” She said back.

“What are you talking about?” Kira asked us, completely clueless.

Lydia and I exchanged a look before grabbing one of Kira’s arms each and ushering her down the corridor. “Come on.” Lydia said as I chuckled to myself.

The title of the chapter says it all ;)

I thought it was about time i had a girls chapter so, TA-DA!

I was trying to find a media to put in this chapter and i found that edited photo of the one i used for the first book cover and i think its really cool. so that's what that is.

Also i only realized after i had written it that Malia was in it so i'll put her in another girls chapter. Sorry