Chapter 12 - Game Locker

After sitting through a painfully boring maths lesson Stiles dragged us all out into the corridor to show us a text message. “Triple homicide. Last night. A family. One member survived and is in hospital.” He said matter of factly.

“I know, my mum called me. She knew we’d see it on the news.” Scott said.

“Excellent, let’s go.” Stiles said and started leaving.

“Hang on. We have Econ in five minutes.” Scott said.

“Are you forgetting the family murdering axe murder?”

“Stiles, this isn’t supernatural. Your dad can handle this. It was an axe, not claws.” I said.

“I think we should let the adults handle it.” Kira agreed.

“So the three of you just want to stay here, go to school… never heard of something so irresponsible in my life.” Stiles said before walking off.

“See you at tryouts?” Scott asked. Stiles waved his hands in the air and kept walking.

“So you remember that thing you wanted to talk about? Do you mind waiting until after tryouts?” Scott asked Kira as I quickly scrolled through my phone.

“Aah, yeah sure.”

“Great, see you then.” Scott said. I just looked up to see Scott give her a quick peck on the lips before running off to class as the bell rang. Kira stood their wide eyed.

“What…? Did he just…? Was that your first…? Would you like me too…” I spluttered, pointing after Scott as Kira just nodded in surprise.

When I got to class I took up the seat in front of Scott and spun around to look at him. He looked at me for a moment before his eyes went wide. “Oh god.” He said.

“Lapse of the mind, sweetie?”

“Did I just do that?”

“I’m afraid so.”

“Aaaah.” He moaned as his head slammed on the desk. I chuckled a little as the lesson began.

***

“It was out first kiss. Like our actual first kiss.” Scott explained to Stiles as we stood in the boys locker room before tryouts began.

“Well that’s good. You kissed her.” He said while I shook my head.

“No it was like how you kiss your grandmother when your five.” Scott said.

“Oooh, chaste. You gave her a chaste kiss.”

“Now its weird. It’s completely weird. Maybe I should text her.”

“No.” Stiles said. “Just no, with the texts.”

Coach’s whistle blew as he came into the room barking orders. “As a reminder, it’s an open tryout today. All positions available. This is a re-building season. Jacksons gone. Laheys gone. Greenburg, the one guy I actually wanted gone was held back… again. Get your asses on the field! Fields! W-what… Do you want me to move your locker in here?!”

“Oh gee, would you Coach? It would make life so much easier.” I smirked.

“Fields… out.” I nodded an walked out of the room, passing the new guy as I did.

I was making my way to the stands to watch tryouts when I saw Lydia in the distance walking the other way. I tried ringing her but she didn’t answer. “Lydia!” I yelled, but she didn’t hear me. “Damn it.” I ran after her a caught her just as she was about to get in her car. “Hey, where are you going? They guys have tryouts, Kira and Malia have seats saved for us.” She ignored me and opened up her car door. “Aah, Lydia? Can you… are you banshee-ing out right now?” she got in her car and started the engine. “Oh for crying out loud.” I ran around and jumped in the passengers seat before she could take off. “This was not on my to-do list today and if you take me to a live scene like the one you found last week I will hate you forever. The pictures were bad enough. Now I feel like a ghost, just sitting here essentially talking to myself.” She just look blankly out the front window. “Don’t suppose you could tell me where we’re going?” Silence. “No, that’s fine. I’ll just wing it. I assume you won’t mind if I turn on the radio?” I waited for a bit. “Excellent.” I chirped and turned on my favourite station.