Chapter 18 - Pillow Talk

I woke up to a dark figure hovering over me with his hands crossed over his chest.

“Hey, Scotty. Whatchya doin’?”

“You’re taking up my entire bed.”

“Liam’s in my room. I didn’t think we should send him home tonight, just in case.” I mumbled, still half asleep.

“I know, I can smell him, but you’re taking up all of the bed.”

With a sigh I shuffled over, stealing three pillows as I did. “Really?”

“What? You always wake up with all your pillows on the floor anyway.”

“Fine.” Scott huffed, purposely jumping on the bed as hard as he could to disturb me. Not that it bothered me, he and Stiles always did this. I was just drifting off to sleep, however, when Scott decided to tell me the news. “Derek rang me. Peter killed The Mute in front of him and the Sheriff before they could arrest him. There was also another dead body that showed up outside Lydia’s lake house. He was a beta and he wasn’t killed by The Mute, which means there are more assassins.”

“So we’re calling him The Mute?”

“That’s it? That’s all you have to say?”

“Scott, I don’t even want to know what time it is right now, I’m just thankful tomorrow is a Saturday and quite frankly every day that goes past where something doesn’t happen in this town only makes me more nervous about the next big uprising so the fact that we are now one assassin down puts me a little at ease.”

“Fair enough… and yes, according to the Sheriff he goes by the name The Mute.”

“Fitting. Anything else I should know about?”

“Yeah, The Mute knew that The Sherriff would track him and bring Derek to catch him so he set a trap with a bomb. He tied the detonator to a door handle, but the Sherriff found it before they opened the door. Then the Mute tried to kill them with his Tomahawk, but Derek beat him and the Sheriff handcuffed him which is when Peter, who had apparently been following Derek, made his grand appearance and clawed the guy’s throat out before they could get any information out of him. Remind me why you’re friends with that guy again?”

“What happened with the bomb?” I asked, ignoring Scott’s question.

“The Sheriff called in Deputy Parrish and he defused it.”

“Okay and what about this dead body outside the Lake House? Who was he?”

“His name was Demarko I think. He delivered a keg of beer to the party. He was definitely a werewolf and I think he was part of a pack.”

“Which means another alpha, fantastic. That everything?”

“I think so. Lydia, Kira and Malia are staying at the Lakehouse to figure out the other two codes.”

“Alright. You need to fill Liam in on as much as you can. He can’t be left out, it’s not safe. Not this time.”

“Yeah I will.”

“Okay good, now I’m going to sleep.”

“But I’m not tired.” Scott whined like I was telling him he had to as well.

“Then play Tetris.” With a sigh he grabbed out his phone. I was just starting to drift off again when the Tetris sound effects started. “Scott?”

“Mmmm?”

“Play Tetris on silent.”