Chapter 44 - Safe

"No, no, no, run! Faster!" I screamed. "YES!!!"

"NO! Come on!" Liam yelled at the same time as me, throwing a chip at the TV.

"Wooo! We totally kicked your ass!" I turned to him.

"You don't even understand the rules!" He protested.

"I understand the point system and it clearly says that my team flogged yours." I stated smuggle throwing a chip at his head. "52 to 6, baby!"

Liam huffed, collapsing back into the couch. "Lacrosse is better." He mumbled.

"Aaaw, don't be such a sour wolf." He glared at me as I grinned.

This was sort of an informal celebration that the deadpool nonsense was finally over and we may finally be in the supernatural clear, so to speak. Scott was going to see Derek to give back the money and ask him if he could borrow the loft tomorrow night to set up a cute little date with Kira before the lacrosse game while the Sheriff was currently taking Stiles and Malia out to dinner. Eichen House were letting Stiles' bill slide due to him almost being murdered by one of their employees and all that so things were looking up for them as well. It had been 48 hours and nothing bad had happened... well almost nothing. Last night Lydia found herself screaming outside Derek's front door so I wouldn't call that good and it certainly made me nervous, but for now we seemed to be safe.

I spoke to Peter who was certainly rattled by everything, but the deadpool wasn't actually his fault. At least not directly and Meredith had seemed to come to her senses realising what she'd done after Malia and Stiles shut down the money transfers. It turned out that the entire deadpool had been written by Lydia's grandmother (not really a shocker), but the automatic computer system running the program was hidden in the lake house and Stiles and Malia found it.

Kate was still around somewhere, but Chris said that it was his problem. Stiles was looking into finding the Desert Wolf, Malia's biological mother, so there was still that, but it wasn't considered a problem as such. Deaton was the one looking into Derek's case. He said that there was nothing we could do at this particular point in time, but he was looking into a source at Eichen House.

Yep. Eichen House. Turns out the lovely little asylum actually has a secret section for the supernatural that kind of acts as a prison and Deaton thinks that one of the patients, or prisoners would be more accurate, might have some answers.

Liam was still shaken up which is why I was with him now, passing time until Mason arrived. Of course Liam hadn't admitted anything and I doubt he would, but I could sense that he really didn't want to be alone.

"Hey!" Mason called as he came into Liam's living room.

"Alright that's my cue." I said jumping up. "I've got a fat Labrador at home that needs a long run. You kids be good."

"Bye!" They both yelled over their shoulder as I walked out the door.

It didn't take me long to get back to Scott's place and get changed into some running gear before heading out the door with a very eager Buster.

We made it one km before he utterly refused to run anymore and just calmly padded along beside me at an almost irritatingly slow pace.

"Well done, boy. Have to admit I thought you'd give up sooner." Of course he completely ignored me, having no idea what I was going on about. "Nice day, isn't it?" I asked him, he still didn't so much as twitch in ear. "What if I said... dinner time?" Buster's head snapped up to me, ears perked, tong hanging out to one side. "Really?"

"Captivating conversation?" I heard a guy ask me as my attention was drawn to the side where a blonde guy my age stood with a fit looking Doberman sitting by his leg.